Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AAranda

There are a few of the new Culture Neanderthal you made that have the wrong schema line ie:
"x-schema:Apache_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml" line in them.

Also when making new cultures dont use YOUR name for all, otherwise it will bleed over into other cultures (maybe) no need for taking a change though). So just pout your name if you want on the schema's. And the Civs name infront of the culture , thx.

AAranda_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema, OK
AAranda_CIV4CivilizationInfos, not ok, just put Neanderthal_CIV4CivilizationInfos

Also when making a NEW culture, the CvCultureLinkInterface.py needs to be updated also (i always forget also) Should have the closest Longitude and Latitude where you want them at.

Code:
	if (gc.getInfoTypeForStringWithHiddenAssert("CIVILIZATION_SPAIN") > 0):
		coords.append(GeographicalCoordinate("CIVILIZATION_SPAIN", 40.413, -3.704))

I think the Woodsman line of promotions should extend to Ancient Forest.

Want me to do it?

ERRORS: on new hover The Bad:

building items also - pic 7

4-6 pics, some of the tech info i am getting now??

The Good:

I like the way is looks at least stuff is not in the way right now, just above does not work, and for me thats OK, but for some probably not.

On a different note/error: nvrmd, they were there the next turn, dont know why they were missing first off, but anyways . . . . . . .

Some units are not listed as build-able in the Capital city??? see pics 8-9 but are build-able in other cities, ie: these are iron units?? And i am importing/trading iron and iron wares from another civ, so should be in all cities.

ERRORS: on new hover The Bad:

ALT - pic 1
CTRL - 2nd pic
shift - 3rd pic
building items also - pic 7

4-6 pics, some of the tech info i am getting now??

The Good:

I like the way is looks at least stuff is not in the way right now, just above does not work, and for me thats OK, but for some probably not.

On a different note/error: nvrmd, they were there the next turn, dont know why they were missing first off, but anyways . . . . . . .

Some units are not listed as build-able in the Capital city??? see pics 8-9 but are build-able in other cities, ie: these are iron units?? And i am importing/trading iron and iron wares from another civ, so should be in all cities.
1) You need to hold the hotkey then move the mouse off the unit then back on when looking at it on the map. I haven't seen any blanking out behavior so I'll be looking for it but my initial suspicion is that you might be holding down the key and not moving the mouse over with the key held down. I could be wrong. Those hovers are working perfectly on mind but it takes a little getting used to holding the key THEN moving the mouse off then back on to the unit. Sometimes hover help panels get stuck too so that may have something to do with a 'blank out' effect. I find when that happens it helps to try to 're-open' the panel as it originally was opened then moving off the panel again then trying what it was you were going for the first time.

Note, you won't be able to get as much information on unit stacks that aren't your own at this point so if the unit isn't yours it may properly not display the same (or any) information. We're meant to hover over our unit in the unit help box for further info now rather than on the map. That might be the issue here as well.

2) The buildings... yeah... I can fix that. Oops. I apparently didn't have any that use any of those tags in my test game yet. :blush:

1) You need to hold the hotkey then move the mouse off the unit then back on when looking at it on the map. I haven't seen any blanking out behavior so I'll be looking for it but my initial suspicion is that you might be holding down the key and not moving the mouse over with the key held down. I could be wrong. Those hovers are working perfectly on mind but it takes a little getting used to holding the key THEN moving the mouse off then back on to the unit.

No offense but thats what i did.

No offense but thats what i did.

No offense taken.

Further review on the images show that you're looking at the plot itself. To keep the plot information from being the mess its always been I pulled some wires there and it should only now show some very basic information. Since plot hover info already has some hotkey assignments I wasn't sure how it would work if hotkeys were used in conjunction with the plot hover when it came to unit information displays.

So... my point is:
I said:
We're meant to hover over our unit in the unit help box for further info now rather than on the map.
Right over the unit's pic is where you'll get the unit displays. Either that or on the unit's icon if you have him selected. If you have a group selected you can hover over the unit's icon you want to look at more carefully (the icons above the mission box on the 'main screen').

Further review on the images show that you're looking at the plot itself. To keep the plot information from being the mess its always been I pulled some wires there and it should only now show some very basic information. Since plot hover info already has some hotkey assignments I wasn't sure how it would work if hotkeys were used in conjunction with the plot hover when it came to unit information displays.

I tried again, because the "Modifier" dll came back up, and this time they work, so it must be the modifier that is not working correctly, i have noticed this lately, even if sometimes you DONT make a change the modifier dll pop-up shows up??

But some of the techs still have alot of those empty spaces (dots)???

Just found out that the Alt/Ctrl/Shift does NOT work when you are in the buildable pop-up area, when you have nothing in the queue area, thats where i believe i was doing this before???

EDIT:

OK HUGE bug again in the building of units. The old 2 units listed is BACK???

That may be the Master Ranger which you should not be able to build anyway.

Yep, I made a mistake in the classinfos for the master Ranger.

@AAranda

There are a few of the new Culture Neanderthal you made that have the wrong schema line ie:
"x-schema:Apache_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml" line in them.

Also when making new cultures dont use YOUR name for all, otherwise it will bleed over into other cultures (maybe) no need for taking a change though). So just pout your name if you want on the schema's. And the Civs name infront of the culture , thx.

AAranda_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema, OK
AAranda_CIV4CivilizationInfos, not ok, just put Neanderthal_CIV4CivilizationInfos

Is a long time without modding, so i may be wrong, but i think that no matter wathever you write before the _CIV4XXXXX as long as it matches inside the file ... and i know it doesn´t happened in some files, now fixed
Anyway, all files have been rename to plain CIV4XXXX, i never needed credits for my work, is just that i took as base a module with my name already in those files

Also when making a NEW culture, the CvCultureLinkInterface.py needs to be updated also (i always forget also) Should have the closest Longitude and Latitude where you want them at.

Code:
	if (gc.getInfoTypeForStringWithHiddenAssert("CIVILIZATION_SPAIN") > 0):
		coords.append(GeographicalCoordinate("CIVILIZATION_SPAIN", 40.413, -3.704))

This is a phyton file, not included in xml modules, so it must be added manually to the core file, i think

About the problem with diplomacy, is just a duplicate < from copy paste, now fixed ... about diplomacy, i´ve seen that the most of custom leaders have not a unique one, wich is a pity

There you have the fixed Neanderthal

P.D. As i said, i´m quite out of the mood. What is SVN?

Also you need to post ALL your commits to the SVN thread, thx.

Attachments

• Modules.7z
    172.2 KB · Views: 34
Is a long time without modding, so i may be wrong, but i think that no matter wathever you write before the _CIV4XXXXX as long as it matches inside the file ... and i know it doesn´t happened in some files, now fixed
Anyway, all files have been rename to plain CIV4XXXX, i never needed credits for my work, is just that i took as base a module with my name already in those files

Quite true. In actual fact it does not really matter what you have as the prefix it just makes it easier to find if the prefix matches the folder name.

P.D. As i said, i´m quite out of the mood. What is SVN?

The SVN contains the beta of every ones work. It is a version control mechanism. When in a freeze no new stuff is supposed to be added to it only bug fixes. At release we take the SVN and convert it into the release files. See here

I know what modules do, but its better this way, look at the SVN copy of the Civ you submitted, that is the way it needs to be, thx. i already corrected everything there, thx.

the py file needs to be added otherwise DH gets on my case for forgetting to add each civ with Long/Lat itude because it messes with errors sooner or later in the python logs.

EDIT:

@ TB is there something messed up in the Classical Era for Promotions???

I usually get a NEW unit with at least 1 promotion available to him, and now even my Warlord doesnt get any promotions either in Classical this has happened before also, i fought like 15 fights and won all, and nothing in the promotions for him?? I build a new Healer and (nothing) doesn't do much good as a disease healer if he doesnt at least have the minimum one??

EDIT EDIT: @ TB ok when i RE-started the dll modifier pop-up was there again and this time the promotion at least for the Warlord attachment was working but not for normal built units??

The python file is to do with Culturally Linked Starts each civ needs to be defined in there with a unique latitude and longitude. We probably should get that moved into the XML and make it a bit more forgiving of duplicates.

The python file is to do with Culturally Linked Starts each civ needs to be defined in there with a unique latitude and longitude. We probably should get that moved into the XML and make it a bit more forgiving of duplicates.

Do you want me to make a new one with each new civ?
As is not inside the module should be added every time AFTER the civ is tested, I think

Do you want me to make a new one with each new civ?
As is not inside the module should be added every time AFTER the civ is tested, I think

Since you don't have access to update the SVN it does make it hard to keep updating that python file. I am not sure what to do here.

@Hydro as a bug fix I want to change all the icons of the Tales of sea creature units. I have attached my proposed blank template and an example of what I will probably be doing with it. Can you make the blank template into a button it will require a bit of tidying up of the image including shrinking it a little bit to fit within the borders. Thanks. It will mean yet more buttons for you to do when I get this back.

Why so troublesome... Just assign accordingly using the Artstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom