• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Well thank you for looking into it. I am sure it will resolve itself in time. I will blame it on Steam. Steam will screw up any game. lol.
Are you using Windows 7?
It has weird bugs that doesn't happen with Windows 10.

Well thank you for looking into it. I am sure it will resolve itself in time. I will blame it on Steam. Steam will screw up any game. lol.
Are you using Windows 7?
It has weird bugs that doesn't happen with Windows 10.
Oh yeah, that might be your problem, if so, turn on compatibility mode for BtS exe file, set it to windows vista or XP or something, that solves some mysterious CTD's that occur on windows 7 systems.

for some odd reason, units NO longer attack from 2 spaces away, must be only one space away??? something changed????

EDIT: only happens in attack mode..

Attachments

• AborWorldBlitz15.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 2 spaces no attack.JPG
    2 spaces no attack.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This one repeated. was about 20 turns since the last ctd. I really believe that Steam is causing some of these ctd's. this is a new game started this morning. The first ctd was at turn 246. bc40060 3186kb.
Windows 10 pro, gen 14 mobo, intel14900k, 64 gig ram, 4070ti gpu, etc etc. I built this computer specifically for this game in January. I started playing this mod when it was called rise of mankind, even before it was rom- a new dawn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-10571.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
above attack mode is working, thx.... now the 2nd attack from the Bandit Riders wont work, meaning, i attacked 1 enemy unit and won, now it wont let me move/attack after that for some reason, but they can still move???

might be , because 1 unit in stack has 1 move and the rest 2 moves, but still wont even move that 1 space?? i hope i wrote this ok

EDIT. after 1 attack its that move and done. so it one and done, unless u manually move it again to attack another unit .. . .

Attachments

• 2nd attack.JPG
    2nd attack.JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 6
  • AborWorldBlitz17.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have also noticed the can't attack from more than one space away problem. Have a westernmost chaser that can't attack a moose two tiles away. Have to move one tile at a time.

Attachments

• Poop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 3
This one repeated. was about 20 turns since the last ctd. I really believe that Steam is causing some of these ctd's. this is a new game started this morning. The first ctd was at turn 246. bc40060 3186kb.
Windows 10 pro, gen 14 mobo, intel14900k, 64 gig ram, 4070ti gpu, etc etc. I built this computer specifically for this game in January. I started playing this mod when it was called rise of mankind, even before it was rom- a new dawn.
Upload user settings, its in caveman2cosmos folder

I have also noticed the can't attack from more than one space away problem. Have a westernmost chaser that can't attack a moose two tiles away. Have to move one tile at a time.
Ah, THAT's what you mean.
Yeah, I have it now as well.
Strange glitch, indeed.

I said User Settings folder.
I also said, that its located in Caveman2Cosmos folder.

Land units are unable to enter tile occupied by ship (I have not checked whether they are able to load in cities/forts).
2. If there is visible criminal in enemy's city and no other (visible) unit, my unit is able to enter the city, but the city is not conquered. Since v44.BETA.8234 Partol unit is able to enter the city and is able to arrest the criminal. In v44.BETA.8221 - 2024-05-12 Patrol was not able to enter such city.

Windows 7 x64
v44.BETA.8234

Attachments

• Egypt vs Maya unane to load on ship.7z
    6.5 MB · Views: 2
above attack mode is working, thx.... now the 2nd attack from the Bandit Riders wont work, meaning, i attacked 1 enemy unit and won, now it wont let me move/attack after that for some reason, but they can still move???

might be , because 1 unit in stack has 1 move and the rest 2 moves, but still wont even move that 1 space?? i hope i wrote this ok

EDIT. after 1 attack its that move and done. so it one and done, unless u manually move it again to attack another unit .. . .
I'm close to fixing this one, but my day is up, pretty sure I will have it fixed within 24 hours.

Just updated my SVN to the latest version # 11618 and now, when I open the attached save and hit the 'Next Turn' button, C2C goes into an infinite loop and never loads the save. The previous version did not display this behaviour.

Attachments

• Snofru-large-3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.5 MB · Views: 4
My units that can attack twice a turn automatically attack twice a turn. Doesn't give me the option to stop attacking.

Just updated my SVN to the latest version # 11618 and now, when I open the attached save and hit the 'Next Turn' button, C2C goes into an infinite loop and never loads the save. The previous version did not display this behaviour.
Figured this one out, thanks for the report.
Air units got stuck in an infinite loop failing to air attack when overall code thought it succeeded.

Last edited:
My units that can attack twice a turn automatically attack twice a turn. Doesn't give me the option to stop attacking.
Hmm, I can't replicate this on latest SVN, what version are you on, there was some pathfinding and movement rule bugs in some of the SVN revs before the latest one.

Top Bottom