Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

That error may have had more detail in the PythonErr.log which may help us track things down. next time you see the error check the log files and post it if there is anything in it. Thanks.

Is this the error log you are looking for? I changed the extension from .log to .txt so it would let me upload it.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 49
No, that one is useful but not for the error you posted. It is the PythonErr.log that contains that info but it is cleared out every tine you start civ.

Two issues in the attached save file (yesterday evening's SVN):

- Crime and disease buildings don't seem to show up
- I am able to start building a second Microlith Workshop, though there's already one in my capital
The background behind this second point :
I've built the Microlith Workshop in Nidaros, my capital. Some time later, an enemy pillaged my only special stone gatherer, stopping many buildings including the Microlith Workshop. I rebuilt the special stone gatherer, but there's a 1 turn delay before desactivated buildings are reactivated. Before this turn elapsed (i.e. at the end of the turn I completed the special stone gatherer), the Microlith Workshop appears in the construction options of my cities except Nidaros.
Crime - is working on my wife's current game on near current assets.

Disease - is not.

Education - IS working on both games.

Researched further... in the pedia only the Malaria diseases are showing their build thresholds.

So I believe that your cities probably aren't qualifying for any crime buildings.

And most disease buildings are being currently disabled by the fact that we have 2 modular files attempting to manipulate disease property buildings. Apparently this is not something the code is capable of handling. They need to be merged together.

@DH: take note of this limitation. I'm not skilled enough to overcome it.

TB, you need to get with Koshling and figure out how to fix this compatibility issue not working correctly anymore, thx. Something alberts2 added that does not make it work any longer?????
I've looked into the coding and it's rather complex. I'd have a hard time even trying to explain the problem to Koshling. He'd really have to take a look for himself.

Missing art is not one of the things in the compatibility code. Missing assets ie XML definitions is.

And most disease buildings are being currently disabled by the fact that we have 2 modular files attempting to manipulate disease property buildings. Apparently this is not something the code is capable of handling. They need to be merged together.

So what you are saying is that properties are not WoC compatible. That means I can't work on it separate from Hydro. I'll turn off the Unhealthiness mod.

Apparently they are not. When AIAndy designed them I don't think he made those tags WoC compatible - and I think it would've been exceedingly difficult with the manner in which he set them up in the first place. However, you could always just include it in the same module... it just wouldn't be something that could be so easily removed as our current modular mechanism usually allows.

Graphics problems continue in 7265: My (Maori) Fanatics and Monks are not animated, and don't have buttons - when they are on a selected tile, none of the units' buttons come up across the bottom of the screen.

Graphics problems will be a problem for awhile as we sort stuff out. It is a slow process because of the number of units we have multiplied by the diversity of their representation. However the work should reap rewards in reduced size of C2C and reduction in overall memory usage.

Your reporting of problems is necessary for us to fix these problems so bear with us. :D

Graphics problems continue in 7265: My (Maori) Fanatics and Monks are not animated, and don't have buttons - when they are on a selected tile, none of the units' buttons come up across the bottom of the screen.

fixed animation problem in 7268 :)
buttons should be back after fixing animations

7271: Ancient Flamethrower uses sub-machinegun sound effects (graphic effects too I think)...:rolleyes: Seriously?

fixed animation problem in 7268 :)
buttons should be back after fixing animations

I tried to start a new civ as greeks to see the new skins for the units etc and I'm gettin an error on the world loadup when it gets to map setup. Artinfo: arto_def_unit_zebra_cuirassier_greek was not found. and then the game freeze. Believe its more than just the cuirassier. Probably all the zebra units. Cause I clicked on zebra knight on the wikipedia and it gave me the same error to my desktop and had to click it for the game to continue. Just letting ya know.

and congolese stone throwers also on a side note. all red blobs...

:blush: Did you got around those as well...darn bugs ><. :D

lol thanks in advance if you did. EDIT-->Saw you fix the zebra problem with the greeks. Congolese stone throwers still red blob though. I swear I saw a red blob on the AI playing navajo but did not paid close attention to what unit that was. :sad:

lol thanks in advance if you did. EDIT-->Saw you fix the zebra problem with the greeks. Congolese stone throwers still red blob though. I swear I saw a red blob on the AI playing navajo but did not paid close attention to what unit that was. :sad:

7271: Ancient Flamethrower uses sub-machinegun sound effects (graphic effects too I think)...:rolleyes: Seriously?

should be ok now

My game crashed to windows. When I reload it, it crashed immediately without starting at all. I noticed a weird message with garbage text a few turns before. This happened with the last game I started also. I have the .34 version.
Mark

Attachments

• Sennacharib BC-16000.zip
    607.9 KB · Views: 30
My game crashed to windows. When I reload it, it crashed immediately without starting at all. I noticed a weird message with garbage text a few turns before. This happened with the last game I started also. I have the .34 version.
Mark

Try to use newest SVN. Maybe problem will be solved. Before that make a copy of .34

Ok, how could I get my save to work, should I try version 34 ?

Missing Art probably is linked with missing custom civilizations which was removed few deleted SVNs ago. Version .34 can help with this bug

@ TB

Is there a way to STOP the damage terrain from KILLING a unit??? This just does not deem possible in the Tundra or Snow covered areas, what if i was an Eskimo??

1) I was under the impression that the terrain damage function also gave units immunity to damage from terrains in their source city - so if a city had snow in its vicinity then all units built there would be immune to snow damage.

2) Other than that it should kill units.

4 game on 10th map (standart size) i dont see stone at all but marble is everywhere...is it supposed to be?

4 game on 10th map (standart size) i dont see stone at all but marble is everywhere...is it supposed to be?

It is random if you are using a random map generator. This means that some times these things happen but there should be a total of about one stone for each player.

If you are using the latest SVN and haven't exited and started again since generating your map there should be a list of resources placed on the map in the log file PythonDbg.log. I would be interested in seeing it.

Top Bottom