Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

There's a bunch of BUG options to influence how the "Automate border control" thingy behaves.
And if I disable this option the units move normally
From mods is only Rockdrums2RocknRoll Soundtrack overhaul mod

Did you delete UserSettings folder?
PPIO was merged in SVN 10722

Mod can't be in my documents and must be named Caveman2Cosmos
Delete the userSettings folder. Only needs to be done once, new userSettings files generated after that should be in the correct format.
Of course it was something this simple. Darn, I could have sworn that I deleted the user settings, but apparently I didn't.
Anyway, it works now. Thanks again :)

v. 11005
I have: Neanderthal Culture and 5 pcs. Human Wanderers. Recently researched Chasing.
I can't upgrade my Wanderers neither into Neanderthal Wanderers, nor Human Chasers, nor Neanderthal Chasers. Option is not there.
Save is here.
It's not money problem. I've added 12000 gold to my treasury via World Builder.

Last edited:
v. 11005
I have: Neanderthal Culture and 5 pcs. Human Wanderers. Recently researched Chasing.
I can't upgrade my Wanderers neither into Neanderthal Wanderers, nor Human Chasers, nor Neanderthal Chasers. Option is not there.
Save is here.
You can't upgrade normal units into Neanderthal version.
No idea why force replacement of units blocks ability to upgrade normal units into other normal units, if you have their Neanderthal version.

No idea why force replacement of units blocks ability to upgrade normal units into other normal units, if you have their Neanderthal version.
Probably because the normal unit that the normal unit can upgrade into has also been force obsoleted by the neanderthal version...

Could perhaps ignore force obsoleteness for upgrade choices.
One can assume that that all upgrades are less obsolete than what you are upgrading from.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think only neanderthal units can upgrade into other neanderthal units.
I am pretty sure I could upgrade my Human Brute into Neanderthal Warrior couple of version before. I had 6 Human Brutes to destroy Barbarian city. After attack only 2 were left. Later in the game I could upgrade them into Neanderthal Warrior.

Just confirmed this. I gave myself via World Builder Human: Brute, Clubman, Spiked Clubman. All can be upgraded to Neanderthal Warrior.

Check to see if the Chasers, either type, are limited national units. If they are they once you have that number you can't upgrade any more to that unit nor can you build more.

Check to see if the Chasers, either type, are limited national units. If they are they once you have that number you can't upgrade any more to that unit nor can you build more.
5 pcs of Chasers are allowed. I have 5 pcs of Wanderers, 0 Chasers.

Probably because the normal unit that the normal unit can upgrade into has also been force obsoleted by the neanderthal version...

Could perhaps ignore force obsoleteness for upgrade choices.
One can assume that that all upgrades are less obsolete than what you are upgrading from.
That's definitely the case. Via WorldBuilder I removed Neanderthal Culture wonder from my city. I can now upgrade my Wanderers into Chasers.

Last edited:
Oh hell. THAT was my upgrade problem all along!

Edit: the second game, the one where the upgrade worked? I'd skipped Neanderthal until well after I did the chaser upgrade. I'll check the original game in a while, but so far it fits.

Last edited:
If I may suggest? On the timescale that we're dealing with, it seems entirely reasonable to allow "sidegrading" of normal units into Neanderthal versions, as no individual person in the unit is going to be alive from one turn to the next.

If I may suggest? On the timescale that we're dealing with, it seems entirely reasonable to allow "sidegrading" of normal units into Neanderthal versions, as no individual person in the unit is going to be alive from one turn to the next.
I'd prefer only Neanderthals upgrade to Neanderthal Units and vice versa and never allow upgrading of Neanderthals past where their lines stop because well... that's just the downside of Neanderthal units. Like Neanderthals, they go extinct.

v10998
Cant use captives to create settled slave anymore (bu I can butcher hem now)
Tales of XXX units give nearly no culture (only 7, 36 some version ago ; mid renaissance with all science/culture buildings)
In wiki, I cant see science, culture or food symbole. only the numbers
A problem with a wiking city, a symbol appear as a ? (or as a blank in some screen), It's Dingv?llr (not a D, but I don't know how to make it)

Same problem with captives in v10995 and v11007, still works in v10986 before the update mentioning slavery being merged to core.

Tales of XXX units give nearly no culture (only 7, 36 some version ago ; mid renaissance with all science/culture buildings)
It was decided that these values should not scale as much by gamespeed as they did before, since you can capture more animals per era on longer gamespeeds than shorter ones.
I'm guessing you use steam and haven't activated the beta version (which removes the a buggy steam made update from the game.) .

I'd prefer only Neanderthals upgrade to Neanderthal Units and vice versa and never allow upgrading of Neanderthals past where their lines stop because well... that's just the downside of Neanderthal units. Like Neanderthals, they go extinct.
But they didn't go extinct, they interbred. Most modern humans have Neanderthal and/or Denisovan ancestry.

Edit: also, you have plenty of alternate history stuff in the game already.

On my previous report of a plot switching every turn from owned by me to unowned by anyone. It kept going for over 50 turns even though the two cities both expanded.

Also the unit action "claim plot" only claims the plot for one turn. It used to claim the plot while you had a unit on it and someone else's culture did not swamp it.

v10998
Cant use captives to create settled slave anymore (bu I can butcher hem now)
A problem with a wiking city, a symbol appear as a ? (or as a blank in some screen), It's Dingv?llr (not a D, but I don't know how to make it)
Same problem with captives in v10995 and v11007, still works in v10986 before the update mentioning slavery being merged to core.
It sounds like the merge of Slavery and Cannibalism did not go quite right. I'll have a look tomorrow (or today actually since it is 2am!)

Updated to 11010 this morning and game crashes when I end turn right after this save.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
It sounds like the merge of Slavery and Cannibalism did not go quite right. I'll have a look tomorrow (or today actually since it is 2am!)
Is it possible, that human sacrifice action defines override merged slavery/cannibalism?

Last edited:
Top Bottom