Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

I kept having trouble with my workers building routes while using Auto Trade Network. I hate manually building routes and with Advanced Routes it is even more tedious, so I went into world builder and turned that option off. A turn passed and all the automated workers sprung into action. I am guessing that is not supposed to happen, right?

Edit: They built a few routes and stopped automating again.

Last edited:
Worker Automation is stupid. They often ignore resources that can have improvements, but aren't yet unlocked - and in some cases even when they are.
It's beyond annoying to choose between manual resource hunting OR rolling a random die whether they'll actually build the required improvements.
They also don't coordinate whatsoever: I've seen dozens of Workers walking in tandems towards the same destination, and I'm talking about Ultrafast here, where they insta-build stuff.
So frustrating, really.

Worker Automation is stupid. They often ignore resources that can have improvements, but aren't yet unlocked - and in some cases even when they are.
It's beyond annoying to choose between manual resource hunting OR rolling a random die whether they'll actually build the required improvements.
They also don't coordinate whatsoever: I've seen dozens of Workers walking in tandems towards the same destination, and I'm talking about Ultrafast here, where they insta-build stuff.
So frustrating, really.
Auto Trade Network function used to work pretty good, and then it was broken.

Auto Trade Network function used to work pretty good, and then it was broken.
Key word: used to.
I definitely recall just leaving all Workers on Automation and having the results more or less fine.
Now I need to add a lot of micromanaging, if I want to actually benefit from having map resources.
Sure, in most cases they mostly build "basic logic" improvements, but C2Cis now much more complex, and thus a lot of stuff is more random than not.
I seriously don't understand why Auto-AI doesn't include something as simple as "there's a resource I already can build an appropriate improvement on - so I actually do it".
Never mind that I already have that resource in my empire - if I can improve it, WHY WOULDN'T I?

Reporting same thing - AI is not building more cities. Also, my own unit production is incredibly fast - I can pump out six Brutes and three Stone Throwers in a single turn. Later, I built 8 Neanderthal Elephant Riders in a single turn. This does not seem correct behaviour.

Reporting same thing - AI is not building more cities. Also, my own unit production is incredibly fast - I can pump out six Brutes and three Stone Throwers in a single turn. Later, I built 8 Neanderthal Elephant Riders in a single turn. This does not seem correct behaviour.
I'm playing a no-Barb game of 40 civs on a Duel map, and they ARE building cities (where possible).
I have a HEAVY suspicion that these two factors are directly correlated somehow.
We need to make AI stop being scared of random Scouts, loool.

no upgrades avail?? used to be. . . .
Can you post RELEVANT info?
You have your CITY selected, then complain about your UNIT not showing upgrades.
How are we supposed to SEE it?
With magic and mind reading?
Honestly, you start to feel like a TROLL, sorry not sorry.

Can you post RELEVANT info?
You have your CITY selected, then complain about your UNIT not showing upgrades.
How are we supposed to SEE it?
With magic and mind reading?
Honestly, you start to feel like a TROLL, sorry not sorry.
He has a Great Hunter selected in the picture. There is no icon in the picture allowing him to upgrade it into a Master Hunter or merge into the city. It looks like he is still partially in the city screen, like he selected the Great Hunter from within the city screen and it is still showing the city build options. Can OP show a screen grab of it not from inside the city screen?

He has a Great Hunter selected in the picture. There is no icon in the picture allowing him to upgrade it into a Master Hunter or merge into the city. It looks like he is still partially in the city screen, like he selected the Great Hunter from within the city screen and it is still showing the city build options. Can OP show a screen grab of it not from inside the city screen?
Are you serious?
There are BUILDINGS shown in the BUILDING queue!
It's a CITY selection screen, CLEARLY.
The UNIT is merely moused-over, which SHOULDN'T show any "upgrades" to begin with.
Like, guys, are you BOTH trolling now?

yes, and duh
"Duh" on you, because you didn't SHOW us this the first time.
Also, SLEEPING units can't initiate Merge (only join it), so maybe this is also the case here?
Also, you CAN do ONE of those actions - the white dude icon is precisely that (probably Joining The City, which has no requirements).
As of UPGRADING, you may be lacking the Tech (or maybe the building?) for it - though not sure why it still doesn't show up.
But I was totally able to do BOTH actions all the time, unless it's VERY recent.
And the "special unit-built buildings" are... not exactly broken now, but definitely CONFUSING as Hell, indeed.
Their requirements often make no sense how to GET them, besides just keeping playing until you "suddenly" CAN.
So, general advice:
Dude, pay attention to what you are asking and what you are basing it on and showing us.
Otherwise we literally have no way to help you, because you don't provide us with the full story of what's WRONG in the first place.

@strategyonly This is the "Great Person" version of the Great Hunter. You can transform this unit into a hunting unit (the star icon that depicts a dude with white clothing and a hat) which will then have strength. This unit can then be upgraded, although it should start out as the strongest available Great Hunter.

Other than that, you would usually be able to build certain National Wonders with that unit (although they are all unavailable for you at this point), or sacrifice it for food (which is not offered to you either for some reason).

Are you serious?
There are BUILDINGS shown in the BUILDING queue!
It's a CITY selection screen, CLEARLY.
The UNIT is merely moused-over, which SHOULDN'T show any "upgrades" to begin with.
Like, guys, are you BOTH trolling now?
Why are you so belligerent? Stop acting like a tool.

@strategyonly This is the "Great Person" version of the Great Hunter. You can transform this unit into a hunting unit (the star icon that depicts a dude with white clothing and a hat) which will then have strength. This unit can then be upgraded, although it should start out as the strongest available Great Hunter.

Other than that, you would usually be able to build certain National Wonders with that unit (although they are all unavailable for you at this point), or sacrifice it for food (which is not offered to you either for some reason).
I always forget which one is "turn into a unit" and which one is "join the city", lol.
But he should have both (doesn't require anything), so I do agree with that problem.

Why are you so belligerent? Stop acting like a tool.
Says you, lol. (Ya know, calling me a "tool" is, of course, super polite.)
I merely told him that he's asking a question without giving us enough info to actually be able to answer it.

The Prehistoric unit Trained Cat requires the Enclosure - Big Cat, which requires the Ancient tech, Trade.

Hello everyone. It's me.

I merely told him that he's asking a question without giving us enough info to actually be able to answer it.
Because there are no polite words for what you're doing.

This isn't your personal sandbox. There are people here actually working on this fantastic mod.

That really did look like an outburst of anger on your side, sorry.

Hello,
playing on v44.BETA.8104
I found some weird behaviour with Neanderthal Scouts (when getting them via Neanderthal culture in first age). They have this feature of being AT PEACE with humanoid NPCs, which works somewhat (barbarians/neanderthals can't attack them, HOWEVER they TRY by moving into them anyways).....however when such scout moves through neanderthal/barbarian city, they raze it as if they conquered it (normally defended city, just the fight doesn't happen because they are at peace with defenders...). I think such city behaviour is not intended.

1711763704459.png

started a brand new everything this time, same results, other countries not building other cities and it isnt because of the barbarians, which on this u can see none around at all.

At this point C2C is completely UNPLAYABLE.....
Maybe it's Leader Traits somehow?
Because in my games, they definitely do build cities, just "randomly".

this r my options: i just use the country i want to play, then the rest is just random play...dryland, i hate anything that uses oceans. .
"Unsupported - Zone of Control" MAY be the culprit.
I don't use it and have no idea what it does now, but it sounds VERY CLOSE to "preventing enough free space for new cities", if you ask me.
Somehow, apparently.
Or not, lol.

Top Bottom