Sistine Chapel Vs. Smith's Trading Company?

What should I build?

• Sistine Chapel

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Smith's Trading Co.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • redo Leonardo's Workshop into something else (state which one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • at least try to go for both

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

HotDog Fish

Leftist Loyalist
Ahhh! In 8 turn's I will either wonder, I'm in a tight race with the AI for them but I can only make one or the other, It's too late to turn back, (I could not make Leo's but I REALLY need it, my army is highly advanced in some areas, horribly outdated in others) so upgrading is a pain in the but. So I need help! What should I do!?!?

i voted for smith's trading company. It's always my main wonder to make. It helps you A LOT economically. And having a good economy u can use that money to put more luxury in the luxury rate and build more luxury resources. So smith's trading company is more important. Also with that gold/money you wont have problems upgrading ur army :) . Hope i helped.

Smiths. You need money for updates, Smith gives it. Then, you will have arms - go take Sistine :mwaha:

I know, I know, I have to see a doctor about my warmongering :rolleyes:

Smith's TC saves you gpt. I prefer this over the workshop anyhow. Also I found out that the chapel or bach's cathedral aren't that necessary. Just make sure your cities don't become too large, that's vital!

I, personally, would need more info. Smith's is good if you are in desparate need of money and have built/will build those improvements.

Questions: Are you a big civ? How many luxuries do you have? What level are you playing at? What gov't type are you now and do you plan to be at Democracy long?

Sistine can be invaluable at helping the happiness factor. If you are weak there, Sistine could help bring up happiness, while eliminating the need to change the slider and spend gold to keep people happy. In this case, Sistine's would be much more useful. Also, if you plan to be in democracy and war for any length of time, Sistine would be more important.

Not knowing your exact position, I would sum up as: 1. If money is your overriding concern - Smith. 2 If Happineess is a problem or will be if you go to war - Sistine.

Well it's a little bit like comparing apples and oranges.

You could save money either way. The Sistine saves luxury taxes and the Smith save maitenaince.

He said he needed gold, he didn't mention happyness... So go for Smith's. With the gold he saves he can upgrade his army and conquer the Chapel.. Problem soved. Now he saves money and gets more happyness

Well Ok, I'll explain more, I'm the Arabs and can make cheap Cathedrals. I'm surrounded my unfriendly AI everywhere and I have musketmen and soon will have cavalry when I still have a ton of warriors, who won't stand up to the more up todate Persians or English, (I eliminated the Greeks....and I don't really have to worry about ol' Xerexes, I may have been at war with him but he still doesn't have iron!) I currently have a small excess silks, incense and furs, I'm playing a standard map, with (originally) 3 AI neighbours

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
Smiths. You need money for updates, Smith gives it. Then, you will have arms - go take Sistine :mwaha:

I know, I know, I have to see a doctor about my warmongering :rolleyes:

Make sure you see the doctor after we take out the French and Romans :D

I agree with the LT. Smith is the choice between the two.

Top Bottom