Slobodan Milosevic dead

Volum

The Zapper
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...LA749012_RTRUKOC_0_US-WARCRIMES-MILOSEVIC.xml

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic has died, the UN tribunal said on Saturday.

"Milosevic was found lifeless on his bed in his cell at the United Nations detention unit," the tribunal said in a statement.

"The guard immediately alerted the detention unit officer in command and the medical officer. The latter confirmed that Slobodan Milosevic was dead."

The tribunal said the Dutch police and a Dutch coroner were called in and started an inquiry. A full autopsy and toxicological examination have been ordered. Milosevic's family has been informed, it added.

Milosevic, 64, suffered a heart condition and high blood pressure which had repeatedly interrupted his trial in the Hague on charges of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes during the bloody disintegration of Yugoslavia in the 1990s.

Well, cant exactly say im shedding many tears here tough. Just wish he would have gotten convicted in Hauge first but that would have taken years.

Far better that a tyrant should die on a prison bed than on a throne.

Bye, Slobo. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Will they bother with a posthumous conviction, or a display of evidence?

One -censored- less in this world...

Heres a bigger article. I must say I admire his leadership abalities.

Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead in Cell

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Slobodan Milosevic, the former Yugoslav leader who orchestrated the Balkan wars of the 1990s and was on trial for war crimes, was found dead in his prison cell near The Hague, the U.N. tribunal said Saturday.

Milosevic, 64, apparently died of natural causes, a tribunal press officer said. He was found dead in his bed at the U.N. detention center.

Milosevic has been on trial since February 2002, defending himself against 66 counts of crimes, including genocide, in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

The trial repeatedly was interrupted by Milosevic's poor health and chronic heart condition. It was recessed last week until Tuesday to await his next defense witness.

His death comes less than a week after the star witness in his trial, former Croatian Serb leader Milan Babic, was found dead in the same prison. Babic, who was serving a 13-year prison sentence, committed suicide. He testified against Milosevic in 2002.

A figure of beguiling charm and cunning ruthlessness, Milosevic was a master tactician who turned his country's defeats into personal victories and held onto power for 13 years despite losing four wars that shattered his nation and impoverished his people.

Milosevic led Serbia, the dominant Yugoslav republic, into four Balkan wars, but always managed to emerge politically stronger. The secret of his survival was his uncanny ability to exploit what less adroit figures would consider a fatal blow.

Each time he would bounce back, skillfully reinventing himself in a series of political transformations — as a devout communist, a reform-minded nationalist, and again as a communist at a time when most of the world had abandoned Marxist ideology.

He once described himself as the "Ayatollah Khomeini of Serbia," assuring his prime minister, Milan Panic, that "the Serbs will follow me no matter what." For years, they did — through wars which dismembered Yugoslavia and plunged what was left of the country into social, political, moral and economic ruin.

But in the end, his people abandoned him: first in October 2000, when he was unable to convince the majority of Yugoslavs that he had staved off electoral defeat by his successor, Vojislav Kostunica, and again on April 1, 2001, when he surrendered after a 26-hour standoff to face criminal charges stemming from his ruinous rule.

God will judge him now, fear not ;) :lol:

Wohoo the son of a ***** is dead!:dance::band: :dance: :cheers:

@silver:Slobo wasnt a great leader really,you better go back admiring hitler and stalin.

Winner said:
So, they have lost their toy, so they now need another one - who will that be? Mladic? Karadzic?
Don't they have to go actually try to get them first? BTW toy is not the right word here is it?

Cleric said:
Wohoo the son of a ***** is dead!:dance::band: :dance: :cheers:

@silver:Slobo wasnt a great leader really,you better go back admiring hitler and stalin.

A figure of beguiling charm and cunning ruthlessness, Milosevic was a master tactician who turned his country's defeats into personal victories and held onto power for 13 years despite losing four wars that shattered his nation and impoverished his people.
Milosevic led Serbia, the dominant Yugoslav republic, into four Balkan wars, but always managed to emerge politically stronger. The secret of his survival was his uncanny ability to exploit what less adroit figures would consider a fatal blow.

Each time he would bounce back, skillfully reinventing himself in a series of political transformations — as a devout communist, a reform-minded nationalist, and again as a communist at a time when most of the world had abandoned Marxist ideology.

He once described himself as the "Ayatollah Khomeini of Serbia," assuring his prime minister, Milan Panic, that "the Serbs will follow me no matter what." For years, they did — through wars which dismembered Yugoslavia and plunged what was left of the country into social, political, moral and economic ruin.

Hey you have to admit that this is impressive reagardless of weather it is "right" or whatever. So I do admire the man.

silver 2039 said:
Hey you have to admit that this is impressive reagardless of weather it is "right" or whatever. So I do admire the man.
You mean getting your country trashed and making it into a pariah state but spinning it in the state controlled press is admirable?

Kayak said:
You mean getting your country trashed and making it into a pariah state but spinning it in the state controlled press is admirable?

Yeah actually it takes quite some skill and effort to do let alone maintining your power through all that. His abality for surviavl is impressive to say the least.

silver 2039 said:

I do not admit that it is impressive, and I tend to despise the man.

He was an absolute disaster for all of Yugoslavia.

He'll be much more useful to the world as fertilizer than he ever was as a person.

silver 2039 said:
Yeah actually it takes quite some skill and effort to do let alone maintining your power through all that. His abality for surviavl is impressive to say the least.
Sort of like Trump.:cool:

I wonder at the end, if he felt any remorse at what he had done. I have never thought of him as a political maverick before, or maybe the Serbs were gullible or really want to believe in him.

varwnos said:
I still think that the hague trials were not balanced. No equally high ranking croats, bosniacs and albanians are there.

History is written by the winners?

Good. Though I wshthey'd ahve gotten a conviction first.
Can they do a post-humous conviction?

Comraddict said:
and what is he exactly guilty of?

Technically nothing yet, but unofficially crimes against humanity, genocide, etc.

Top Bottom