So is there anyone NOT getting the sound skipping during Wonder Movies?

SimaYi

Chieftain
Doesn't seem like it. Upon my reading I see that most everyone is suffering from this minor problem. Just checkinf to see if anyone isn't having this problem :mischief:

I havn't noticed any.

I don't have sound skipping during the wonder movies, but I do get it during the intro.

The game is also completely unplayable by the Industrial Era for me... it crashes when I look at it wrong... or when I look at it right for that matter.

I've tried changing the graphics options, updating my drivers, updating windows, defragging the computer, running anti-adware programs, virus scans, anything to cut down the amount of CPU and RAM being used in the background. Nothing works, and my system resources exceeds even the recommended requirements...

The irony is that the computer at my job with a subpar video card, less RAM and less CPU runs the game without crashing.... it can't play the video files at all, however... go figure... :rolleyes:

fine here. Running Audigy2 Soundblaster with drivers that are about 6 months old. Dunno if they are teh most recent or not.

Yea I have that problem. Another thing is mine crashes whenever a wonder movie comes up, its really stupid. Anyone have any idea why?

I have music during the wonder movies and it plays fine.

Is there supposed to be some kind of sound, like talking or something? Seems like there should be more to it than just music.

I don't have any sound issues during the movies, nor do I have any problems in the intro movie. Not even using a soundcard, just an AC97 on-board soundchip. Machine is a P4 3.0Ghz HT with 1 GB RAM and a x700pro with 256 MB video RAM. I actually don't have any technical issues with the game at all (been playing for about 16 hours now, both on- and offline). No crashes, no slowdowns, no skips .. to me it looks like a polished game, but yes, I see the posts from frustrated players too, so I guess I'm just lucky.

No problems here with sound, looks like you need to update some drivers.

OHN

90% don't have this problem, u only hear from the people that do so it seems like everyone does. AC97 here and sound blaster Live! Both perfect.

SimaYi said:
Doesn't seem like it. Upon my reading I see that most everyone is suffering from this minor problem. Just checkinf to see if anyone isn't having this problem :mischief:

None whatsoever on both my machines.

Yup my movies are skipping. A slight constant pause every 5 secs in the movie and the sound.

Nope no sound skipping here anywhere in the game. And I'm using a Sound Blaster 5.1 Gamers sound card, it's old old old. lol Works great though. ;) That's what you guys get for thinking the best most expensive sound, or video card, or system, etc. etc. is the best there is for gaming, lol, they always seem to have more issues than most good old systems where people don't upgrade at the drop of a pin. lol

Skipping allright.... AC97, I belive it skips on every computer that just meets recommended specs or lower. Might be an main RAM / CPU issue. Basically i think they need to buffer the movie a little more, give the movie 4 seconds undisturbed load time.

Yeah, I've been getting the sound skipping problem. I'm not an expert in graphics and sound cards, but when the sound skips, the graphics slows down. Quiet odd since I have a 256 MB nvidia card.

It's been four years since I last posted.:eek:

SimaYi said:
I cant even stand playing the game long enough to get a wonder. [pissed]

The sound skips on about 40% of the movies, but the rest are just fine.

Top Bottom