So What cool things have you seen Barbarians do?

stavka

Chieftain
I've heard rumours of founding religions etc.

personally I would like to see Barbarians greatly expanded in Civ V - treat them like minor civs.

well thats not very historical

The coolest thing I've seen them do is attack my opponent on a LAN game.
BWAAAAAHAHAHA!

They built the Colossus in unpatched Warlords, and I took the city about ten turns later. Of course, it was pretty late, and it was obsolete soon, but it was still pretty cool to get a free wonder. :D

They made a dragon and orthus in FFH2, and culturally swallowed other Civ cities. Outside of fall from heaven about the coolest thing I see them do is capture cities. :sad:

I saw someone once post that the barbs controlled the Great Wall in one of their games. (Don't remember if they built it or not... probably not.) Still the funniest thing I ever heard of. I can't even remember if they were allowed in their own territory or not. I need to search for that thread again.

So-called "Barbarians" represent everything from the Huns to the Goths (all of em) to the Seljuk Turks to Tamerlane's invaders. They have played a pivotal role in history, sacking the Western Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, many Germanic and Russian Kingdoms, the Indian Empires, China, etc.

Enough with the history lesson.
On Terra maps, you can see advanced Barbarian cities, with Maces around the time Rifles come into play. Many a times they have built The Colossus, The Great Lighthouse, etc before anyone else. Strange, but true. A

Couple hints on Barbarian Behavior:
1) Cities/Settler spawn rate increases when more tiles are covered by fog of war. This is true for all Barbarian units, but even more so for the former two.
2) When a Settler forms a City, 2 Barbarian units (depending on Era the barbs are in, I believe) spawn with the City to protect it.
3) Barbarians cannot build the Palace building; they have no capital and thus, their maintenance costs are either high or low (don't remember which, if someone could check the XML it would be nice...)

So yeah.

Top Bottom