SoI Domination Challenge

Once i capture Chittor with starting archer and swordsman, but it don't give me any profit -Abbasids build HoW and SM quickly.

Samands 1150 score 28570
Try new tactics - invasion of India first: found Nowshera(on wheat Gandhar, 1E Peshawar), capture with starting army and mercs all N.Hindustan. But failed with 1st and 2nd UHV. No time to attack Iraq and Hejaz. No vassals.
Spoiler :

The development of the Middle East:
Spoiler :

Abbasids 1117AD score 46365
Bagdad on wheat = I did not become a Commander of the Faithful. Capitulated Fatimids only. Early Hama, Duba and Kaysun. Settled couple trash cities like Torbat-e-Jam for Great Artist bomb.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Settled Farwan(1N1E Kabul) and Chaman(1N1W Quetta), razed empty Qandagar, capture Bost, Merv and Balkh. Vassal - Kingdom of Oman. Minaret of Jam and Kutlug-Timur in Peshawar, Al-Ahzar and Soltanie in Mansura, Shahnameh in Zaranj.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Tartus as capital, Maras and Hamah - main cities in Syria, Izmir spamming WWs, Angora training army. Abbasids respawn near 1080 without Samarra and Baghdad, so i easy capture heart of Iraq. Completed 2/3 URV for Golden Age in 1290AD. Vassals - Georgia, Mamluks(both capitulated) and Zengids.

Spoiler :

Other:
Spoiler :

Straight forward conquering. Mamluks were quite strong, but I managed to crush their main stack in Damascus, after which everything was easy.

Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other:

Spoiler :

Conquered the indy cities first then other Hindu-nations, vassalised Malwa and Ghorids and rolled to Persia.

Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other:

Spoiler :

First Levant and Hejaz, then Constantinople, then Egypt and Iraq. Seljuks vassalised during the Mongol Invasions, which proved to be vital.

Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other:

Spoiler :

Thanks, you too!
Don't despair, I haven't been playing much recently. :D
Currently thinking on redoing the Mamluks and Oman/Yemen, any ideas on them?

Thanks, you too!
Don't despair, I haven't been playing much recently. :D
Currently thinking on redoing the Mamluks and Oman/Yemen, any ideas on them?

• Oman:
    Requirement:
    Spoiler :
    1. Someone found Gwadar(and Turbat), it saved settler for Salalah;
    2. Weakly Seljuks and Abbasids, but with all WWs;
    3. Good merks at start
    Tactics:
    Spoiler :
    1. Settled Sur as capital without religion(replace palace later if necessary), Masqat 1W and Salalah.
    2. Capture Gwadar, Siraf, Kerman and Shiraz, Mekkah and Medina;
    3. Kizik Kule in Gwadar better for military center that Sur;
    4. Prepare to Mongol invasion;
    5. Go into Iran and Iraq after mongols;
    6. Trying complete land goal before Portugals spawn with 24 turns of GAs
    7. Tech to Cavalry tactics for HHAs and Soltanie.
  • Mamluks:
    Requirement:
    Spoiler :
    1. Strong Al-Qahira (like our in Fatimids Cultural SG);
    2. No Ayyubids;
    3. No Sunni Tabuk, Aqaba, Kerak;
    4. Makuria controlled Upper Egypt(for add. army after flip);
    Tactics:
    Spoiler :
    1. Vassalize Ottomans/Karamanids, AK Kounlu, Yemen, Georgia(if possible);
    2. Managment Al-Qahira to spawn only Great Artist;
    3. Keep the economy from collapsing after Mansa Musa voyage.
  • Yemen:
    Requirement:
    Spoiler :
    1. Merks at start - 2 Camel Archer;
    2. HoW and SM in Baghdad;
    Tactics:
    Spoiler :
    1. I want try Ibb(on salt, 2S1W Sanaa) as capital, second settler - Duba(camel Hejaz) with protection of skirmisher;
    2. Fast capture Hejaz, after Iraq(raze useless city like Basra), also i have idea about rebuild Samarra 1N and raze Mosul;
    3. Convert to Sunni;
    4. Use the trick with Isfahan as capital of Buids, eat it, Shiraz, Yazd and Kerman;
    5. Preparation to Mongol Invasion - future army for next conquest;
    6. Vassalise Omani and Seljuks if possilble;
P.S. Written without access to the game

I remember that at some point Yemen use to found Salalah before Oman spawn and when you flipped it, you got extra troops (never happened to me though). That would be a dream start.

About Yemen, not sure about the salt city, food would still be scarce and you couldn't found Mokha. Could be worth a try though.

Ibb easy groth to pop 9, after Crop Rotation can groth to pop11(slowly), but blocked Mokka/Taiz, so in general, Yemen - difficult region

Any advice on a Rum domination victory?
  • Switch civics. Dont settled Konya at start, capture Tarus, block Sis spawn. Steal workers from Byzantines. Capture rich cities (Attalia, Izmir, Sinop, Instambul, Manizkert).
  • Develop your land: Angora- military center, Izmir/Instambul - spam WWs with Kizil Kule.
  • Keep high stability(avoid Ottomans spawn and respawn Byzatines).
  • Prepare to mongols: 4-5 waves(~16-18 units each), first after 1240AD between Erzurum and Sivas, next between Sivas/Kaysery/Angora.
  • Try to steal/trade tech
  • Complete 2/3UHV.
  • Slide :culture: to 100%, use Great Artist for bomb(give ~1%land).

Thanks. :)

The Byzantines respawned in Constantinople in 1263. Can I prevent that by moving by capital there?

Thanks. :)

The Byzantines respawned in Constantinople in 1263. Can I prevent that by moving by capital there?
Don't worry about this. Kill them again. Respawn mechanics realy strange, Constantinople can seceded easy to Byzantines with your palace.

Top Bottom