[SOLVED] SDK Issue and Image Issues

Zetal

Chieftain
Two entirely different issues but I'll start with the first - when I run the SDK, it tells me that it cannot find one or more components, and that I should reinstall. I have reinstalled- several times, to no avail. I'm entirely unsure of what the problem is then. Edit: By that I mean that modbuddy does not run.

The second issue is in-game, wherein many of the 2d images are incredibly pixelated, misplaced, or just wrong. The main screen background has portions that are shifted or stretched incorrectly, and in-game, the tile production symbols that float above the hexes are sometimes duplicated with minor changes directly 'beneath' the existing indicators, actually merging with the ground. I can provide screenshots if this is not sufficient.

Tried reinstalling the Shell thing since it didn't work, and it wouldn't install this time, asking for me to give it the location of vs_setup.msi, and even when I did, it didn't work. =\

It seems to be a general windows issue, probably not really related to Civ5 or the SDK, but let's try:

Tried reinstalling the Shell thing since it didn't work, and it wouldn't install this time, asking for me to give it the location of vs_setup.msi, and even when I did, it didn't work. =\

Could you please provide the exact error message?

I guess I'm past that, since I figured out what I think it kind of a stupid workaround. If I find it in the steam folder itself and run the exe it works, but not through steam. Awesome.

<<

Anyway, that's solved I guess, but on a sorta related topic, I'm trying to add a new civilization through Modbuddy and even after following the modders guide provided by Kael, it doesn't appear xD

There is still #2 in the OP though? xD
The game is playable, but unreadable at parts.

That's now a question which should go into the modding forum ;).
There's probably a simple mistake which prevents it and you just can't see it at the moment. If you ask the other modders, they'll probably give you the right hint how to fix it ;).

"The second issue is in-game, wherein many of the 2d images are incredibly pixelated, misplaced, or just wrong. The main screen background has portions that are shifted or stretched incorrectly, and in-game, the tile production symbols that float above the hexes are sometimes duplicated with minor changes directly 'beneath' the existing indicators, actually merging with the ground. I can provide screenshots if this is not sufficient. "

I mean this ;)

Top Bottom