Sparse Tech Tree

Jabie

Wanted in Monte Carlo...
I noticed that two of the techs in the tree are particularly sparse. Galatic Diplomacy allows the construction of the United Planets and Quantum Control provides the first player to reach it a free techology. Each of these is a little useless if you reach it second - as UP is likely to have been built if you are second to GD and there is no other reward for QC.

The following piece of XML can be added to the bottom of GD so that it allows players to build Espionage (in the same way as Wealth, Research or Influence) It's not much, but it gives GD a very slight boost, so that it slight less useless if UP has already been built. Add it to Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4ProcessInfo.xml

<ProcessInfo>
<Type>PROCESS_ESPIONAGE</Type>
<Description>Espionage</Description>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_ESPIONAGE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<TechPrereq>TECH_HAPPY_10</TechPrereq>
<ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
<iProductionToCommerceModifier>0</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
<iProductionToCommerceModifier>100</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
</ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Corporation.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,16</Button>
</ProcessInfo>

As for QC, what about a reveal the map effect, like satellites do in Civ 4? This seems to be accomplished by setting bMapVisible to 1 in INDUSTRY_11 in Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4TechInfos.xml

I noticed that two of the techs in the tree are particularly sparse. Galatic Diplomacy allows the construction of the United Planets and Quantum Control provides the first player to reach it a free techology. Each of these is a little useless if you reach it second - as UP is likely to have been built if you are second to GD and there is no other reward for QC.

The following piece of XML can be added to the bottom of GD so that it allows players to build Espionage (in the same way as Wealth, Research or Influence) It's not much, but it gives GD a very slight boost, so that it slight less useless if UP has already been built. Add it to Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4ProcessInfo.xml

<ProcessInfo>
<Type>PROCESS_ESPIONAGE</Type>
<Description>Espionage</Description>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_ESPIONAGE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<TechPrereq>TECH_HAPPY_10</TechPrereq>
<ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
<iProductionToCommerceModifier>100</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
</ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Corporation.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,16</Button>
</ProcessInfo>

That's a good idea, I'll add it to 1.7.

But could you please post code in
Code:
 tags in the future? It preserves indentation.

[QUOTE]As for QC, what about a reveal the map effect, like satellites do in Civ 4? This seems to be accomplished by setting bMapVisible to 1 in INDUSTRY_11 in Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4TechInfos.xml[/QUOTE]

I think I'll do this too, for 1.7, unless someone can come up with a better tech for the reveal map effect.

Top Bottom