Speculation: New patch and/or DLC on the 21st of november

As the people without any DLC had to download a lot more stuff than the others there was the guess that the game probably "pre-installed" the DLCs for multiplayer which means that not everybody has to own every DLC to play together a multiplayer game.
If that´s true I imagine there´ll be a huge (?) multiplayer patch after 21st of November.

Please please please let it be a huge interesting DLC or patch.

The thing about people who doesn't have the DLC downloading lots more, does indeed make it sound like they're planning to make DLC available in multiplayer if you bought it (even though opponents haven't). - Probably with the exception of the wonders.

I am close to giving up on this game..... I mean there are only so many scenarios before you get bored. And the idea that we are going to get the patch we got 6 months back, or anything close, is a pipe dream. Hope I'm wrong...

Tired of getting just DLC civs. They need to add some massive content features along with an improved AI. Basically, we need an expansion level upgrade at a reasonable price. Without civs, just a content pack.... $29.99 tops. These patching tweaks aren't getting it done.

I'd like to see a patch that further improves Diplomacy and Multiplayer.

Also really interested in hearing about an expansion pack.

I'd like to be able to use Earth maps in Multiplayer and have an option to start teams together-- not just on certain maps.

I hope there's a patch, with some more stuff added. There's always some things that can be worked on, added, or refined. Disappointed to see that there has been no communication from 2KGreg or anyone about what could be coming up next. Even the official 2K Forums are silent at the moment. I haven't had as much time to play due to RL stuff, but a patch would still be nice for when the holidays come around.

We are all speculating, really; though I would think that a DLC in about a month's time is likely; it fits in with the timescales between DLCs and would be available to buy as a Christmas gift - i.e. commercially a good time. I'm kind of expecting it to be a double pack of later wonders and a new civ - which one would be further indulgent speculation :cooool:!

...though I'm hoping for Carthage or the Celts ;)!!

...though I'm hoping for Carthage or the Celts ;)!!
Super-speculation mode on:

I'm hoping for two double-packs, actually.
A Cathage-Celts double civ pack with a "Defeat the Roman Empire"-scenario and a Zulu-Dutch double civ pack with a "conquest of South-Africa"-scenario (not fully correct, but feasable, I'd think).

Since it's been a while since they released a new patch and DLC, I'd say that one of this three things is happening:

1. They're getting lazy and now we get new things every 3 or 4 months.
2. Something BIG is under development (I hope so!)
3. They gave up on Civ5... ( :( )

Anyway, let's wait until 2K says something about it.

Weird that the Zulu's and good ol Shaka aren't in Civ 5, given that they were an original civ.
Maybe Firaxis has become wiser in choosing civs...
Zulu?Zulu?!
It was a so small and not influental empire.
I prefer the Kingdom of Kongo or Ethiopia,anything better then Zulu(except if it's even smaller)!

Agree, but at some point it pays to ditch the strictly historical approach for the coolness/fun factor, which Shaka Zulu and his Impi have in spades. I bet Zulu is the best potential money earner they have left for DLC, short of major game mechanic expansion.

Agree, but at some point it pays to ditch the strictly historical approach for the coolness/fun factor, which Shaka Zulu and his Impi have in spades. I bet Zulu is the best potential money earner they have left for DLC, short of major game mechanic expansion.

I agree the Zulu's are more well known. Besides it will give me cause to perhaps watch Zulu and Zulu Dawn, those two movies will get me fired up enough to play CiV. :lol:

I agree the Zulu's are more well known. Besides it will give me cause to perhaps watch Zulu and Zulu Dawn, those two movies will get me fired up enough to play CiV.
Because what,because they fought against the British and ultimately they losed and were almost destroyed until they were recovering?!
They also released Siam instead of Khmer,Songhai instead of Mali,Ottomans instead of Byzantines.
But if money is the only thing were Firaxis cares about then they wil do that,but if they are smart and historical they release Kongo or Ethiopia or anything else...

CiV has introduced something completely new to the Civ series; speculation about when the next patch and/or DLC will be released. :lol:

Now I couldn't help but notice that DLC is released every every 755,257,321 pulsations of the Crab Pulsar. Patches, on the other hand, are released only when the Moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Or, we really don't know. :nope:

Top Bottom