Stability

CarnivalBizarre

Warlord
So, the thing I looked forward to most was the end of the crash bugs. But they have not lessened at all. Is there anyone putting time into this?

I mean, new features are cool and all, but if the game regulary permanently crashes before turn 300 there is not realy any point, you loose steam pretty fast. Single player you can get rid of certain things, but I play hotseat with some friends regulary and it is a :):):):):). FFH2 is really stable, but rife is not. And I get the same crap in single player.

I am eternally grateful for all your hard work and creative solutions, but you would do yourself a favor of focusing on crash bugs and if you can't fix it, remove the features that cause it (treasure chests and certain events).

if you could specify which events cause crashes for you , that would be useful for bug-hunting.

Not for me, but a few of these crashes happenen directly after the humans have done their turn, which indicates that it is the first that happens on the next AI's turn. Which is Events, Tech and production. I can't be sure what it is though....

Since the recent patch I've had quite a few games with no crash at all, and most of the crashes I did get were fixed by reloading the game. Only once since 1.3 did I have an unfixable game. But, I only play single player so MP may be a different story.

But playing MP sounds like it would be so slow. I mean, with single player the wait times are high enough...

So, the thing I looked forward to most was the end of the crash bugs. But they have not lessened at all. Is there anyone putting time into this?

I mean, new features are cool and all, but if the game regulary permanently crashes before turn 300 there is not realy any point, you loose steam pretty fast. Single player you can get rid of certain things, but I play hotseat with some friends regulary and it is a :):):):):). FFH2 is really stable, but rife is not. And I get the same crap in single player.

I am eternally grateful for all your hard work and creative solutions, but you would do yourself a favor of focusing on crash bugs and if you can't fix it, remove the features that cause it (treasure chests and certain events).

We have had very few reports of unfixable crashes. If you have more info on what is causing them, please provide it; We will fix it.

YES there are people putting time into it. The entire team fixes bugs, and Snarko devoted a large amount of time on it. He has fixed the OOS from city spells, fixed the bug allowing Conqueror's to cast the worldspells of civs they conquer (issue with the cityspell checking the nationality of the city, not the civ), fixed the issue with dispelling chests (which is one of few that you specified), fixed several AI issues that caused problems, and much more.

So yes, stability is actively worked on. 1.3 is already a HUGE leap forward from 1.23, and 1.31 will only be better.

I'm having stability issues, too. FfH2 and Orbis both run fine, but RifE crashes like mad. I've tried to pin it down, but it appears random. Sometimes it's in a turn change, sometimes in the middle of one, sometimes when talking in the diplomacy window, etc, etc.

Not that much of a problem, since I simply restart and continue like normal, but I could see how frustrating it'd be in a multiplayer game.

Try dropping your graphics level. RiFE crashed when I used high detail graphics, but dropping them to low (and latterly upping them to medium) seemed to fix my crashes.

My most typical crash is "bad memory allocation". Possibly memory leaks on new models? Sometimes this memory crash also occurs when trying to open the massive unit databases to check some stats. It might help if Heroes had their own folder in civpedia to ease the load. Right now they are stacked with the rest of the units.

That means you'll likely have to turn down your graphic settings.

As for the pedia: Not happening. Honestly, in FfH they don't really have their own page either (click the heroes page, click top, you're on units. Not Heroes. Ever wonder why?), they're just filtered from units to a different page. Still has to load all units.

In RifE and FF, you can filter the pedia. Top left corner is a drop box. On the unit page, the drop box will contain a filter for heroes.

That means you'll likely have to turn down your graphic settings.

As for the pedia: Not happening. Honestly, in FfH they don't really have their own page either (click the heroes page, click top, you're on units. Not Heroes. Ever wonder why?), they're just filtered from units to a different page. Still has to load all units.

In RifE and FF, you can filter the pedia. Top left corner is a drop box. On the unit page, the drop box will contain a filter for heroes.

Ah, well I guess you can't have enough memory to play Rife in 32-bit windows 7. ;) I have maxed out, rather fast memory, which should be quite enough. But yeah, you guys have such a huge load of features and stuff in this grand mod that it probably can't be helped...

...unless I turn down graphical settings. Nooo! Not my eye candy.

I just started a Doviello single-player that is unfixable. No matter how many reloads, it still crashes right around 170-175. I can't pinpoint what event might be causing it. Whether in combat or not, it just flops.

Well well, my computer is more than capable of running this game. No worries.

It's always during the computers turn as well the game crashes or hangs up. Is there a way to get a log of what broke the game or something???

I just started a Doviello single-player that is unfixable. No matter how many reloads, it still crashes right around 170-175. I can't pinpoint what event might be causing it. Whether in combat or not, it just flops.

Oh, I have that too, If the crash happens inmediately or a while after you press end turn, then it might be a python exception related to animal spawns. Just try to reload a previous autosave, until it ends.
If it is not that, then I don't know what it is, honestly.

Is there a way to get a log of what broke the game or something???

There is a log link in civ folder. Follow that link and you'll find the logs. Also, do not forget to turn on all the logs available in the civ.ini

Top Bottom