Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Trying to have a vote on laws is a horrible process in an RP game. In RP2 I had problems just getting votes from the cabinet, and after that I couldn't face trying it on the whole thread.
DT

You may like to know DT that the further laws I am considering are limitations to the shoguns power, guarantees of democratic process, protocols to kick a shogun off his pedestal without resorting to knifing him in the back or rioting in the street and other such things. I am not a person who likes throwing every law out at once, I have said multiple times that the laws I prevoiusly implemented are the first set of laws. Yesterday I established laws that allow the government to its goddam job, today I hope to establish laws that will prevent some successor of mine becoming a tyrnat.

Why the wait? Well since limitations are sensitive and the opposition has a particular interest in such laws I have sent PM's to the leaders of the opposition parties (I sent it before there was a single opposition leader) effectively offering to give them a say in the process of making those laws. Now as of this exact moment they haven't bothered replying, this is probably due to them not being on (it was only late yesterday my time I sent it). But the fact remains its sent. If you lot want a say in laws regarding limitations I suggest you take my offer up. Either way I suggest you stop comparing me to the OoS.

Ehh. I personally prefer dictatorship to democracy in RP. Democracy doesn't work here.

But I appreciate the gesture.

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

Indeed in my experience in multiple games too much democracy tends to screw the nation over due to indecision and discord. Sort of like certain individuals are producing here at the moment. But the fact remains that if I do just make myself legal dictator Im going to have a rather disgusting substance hitting the figurative fan. As such what I am trying to do is strike a balance between allowing the government to get on with its job with the ability to take decisive action if necessesity requires, with maintaining democracy in consideration of the interests of the people on this thread.

Furthermore I would also like to add that I have not formally inducted the various laws I proposed into law yet, and thus the oppositions feedback is quite appreciated. :p From what I gather the main concern is the revokation of laws, ergo, how difficult I made it when I said what I would like to promulgate. As such I may consider bringing making it easier to revoke laws. However I will mention that I will not revoke the tenet which forbids unilateral revokation of laws on the part of the shogun. That would be dictatorial.

-

Oh and at DT, democracy is not part of isolationist ideology either, isolationism has nothing to do with the form government takes. Fortunately however I want to see democracy maintained, hopefully I can ensure a good mutually acceptable balance between limitations on personal power, and the ability of the government to act decisively, presuming ofc the oppositions does actually have the decency to take up my offer.

As to the plan it is there. I am actually only waiting on at a minimum, HopliteJoes review as leader of the GRP. Although I might like to add that as an addendum ot my letter to the opposition I also gave them the opportuntiy for them to make their suggestions known. Perhaps they would like me to wait and hear what they want to say before I go declaring it publicly.

-

One last thing. I would like to thank you Nuke for upholding decorum and not being a sore loser. I understand that people don't like that they lost, duh they lost, but at the very least you have the decency to actually sit back and let the CAJ have a chance at governing without throwing vitriol at me, and with an eye towards the greater good of the empire rather than solely being concerned at your own political gain. The CAJ hasn't even had time to do anything yet and yet many in the opposition are considering out of selfishness general strikes, vonC's, armed rebellion and all manner of political crap. Certain members in the opposition should at least have the decency to accept that it lost, if not then really all it is just a bunch of sore losers who are stewing in their own filth as to how they can wheedle their way into power without going through democratic elections, and looking to cripple the government from actually doing its job. Ergo its willing, or at least a good number of members in the opposition are willing, to drag Japan down with it just so long as it gets into power and can congratulate itself for defeating the big, bad CAJ. Of course it wouldn't be much of a congratulations considering we would be living in the wreck of their making should such a thing occur, but I digress. You at least Nuke are decent and gracious in defeat, and for that I thank you.

I agree with him. Japan is Screwed.

Because you opposition can't try to leave the government alone for a couple of days in order to create some relevant legal structure.

Making a law saying that we cant change the previus gonverment laws, even if we dont agree, is idiotic.

For example if the federal party wins the elections i would create a federal gonverment. But because of your law:

1) Dont do anything even if i dissagree and the people voted for a federal gonverment.

2) Break the law and you call my gonvermnt illegal.

That was just an examble of how idiotic this law is.

OOC:Christos, You're dead. You don't have a party, and you can't post IC until you return from the dead. Continue to make OOC observations, but you can't affect events.

EDIT: Laws are defined by enforcement. Refuse to enforce a law, and the law doesn't exist.

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

Also the one who find who is the man in my avatar will take the << Christos Cookie >>.

OOC:Christos, You're dead. You don't have a party, and you can't post IC until you return from the dead. Continue to make OOC observations, but you can't affect events.

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

I know. I cant affect anyone but i give the opposition ideas.

ooc: you know what? orange juice mixed with alcohol can get you screwed :lmao:
Please excuse my bad joke...

Honestly if Japan is screwed it will be because the opposition doesn't have the grace to concede that it lost, and therefore childishly acts in a way that doesn't give the government the chance to actually govern. Yes the feces may hit the fan yet, but it requires someone to throw it to begin with, and the people with the feces in hand atm are sitting across the bench from me at this moment. I would thus suggest that certain members of the opposition refrain from childishness, proclaiming bombastic and erroneous tidings of doom, and from plotting general strikes, VoNC's and armed revolutions, and that it instead takes up my offer of dialogue like reasonable individuals instead of acting like kids who haven't got their way.

otherwise as a certain individual mentioned, you may yet have the orwellian dictatorship you so despise. Indeed I would laugh quite a lot should that eventuality come to pass, you think (erroneously) that I am a dictator, well God knows what will happen when you actually have one.

-

Oh and I have finally got a response to my offer of bipartisan dialogue, ergo a certain leader of a party in the opposition told me that Sparthage will respond on their behalf :p. I suggest he responds quickly, I want to release a plan and officially promulgate the laws I have proposed and the laws I am still considering into a legal code. Unfortunately I, and the coalition, cannot wait forever.

I agree with you Jehoshua. Instead of bickering about the election, why not try to work with the CAJ and then start campaigning later on when the elections roll around next? That way you don't look like whiny prats for the NPC voters who will think back and go "What did they do while the CAJ was doing this and that?"

Hey, the semi-dictatorship is the thing I don't mind. It's everything else I have problems with.

And one question; Did you really beleive that after giving the shogun unlimited power it was a good idea to delay the procedures that restricted that? Really? It gives the people who are gonna complain about dictatorships a reason to be worried if you delay that kinda thing. If you're gonna put restrictions on power in place, put them in place when unlimited power is granted, so people don't have anything to complain about. It will make everything a lot easier.

DT

It would also prove to people that if they are patient, the government will prove trustworthy

Top Bottom