Star Wars Mod

Yeah, it would be nice if we could traslate SW into other languages. Check the forum if you want to help out.

Can you make this mod into a Final Frontier-style mod so that you can emphazize space combat? can you also fix the FF problems? good concept.

Can you make this mod into a Final Frontier-style mod so that you can emphazize space combat? can you also fix the FF problems? good concept.

How about a built in DVD player? And a coffee machine!

Orange. I think the mod should be painted orange.

How about a built in DVD player? And a coffee machine!

Orange. I think the mod should be painted orange.

NOT Funny. The Final Frontier Idea should be used because it would emphasize space combat and would look real cool.

I have both Empire at war and Forces of corruption. I play them a lot. but I like space combat. It is a galactic game, after all. The land units are just not real representative of the scope of the game.

I have both Empire at war and Forces of corruption. I play them a lot. but I like space combat. It is a galactic game, after all. The land units are just not real representative of the scope of the game.

I agree, the mod should be based on spaceships, maybe the land units could be presented as promotions.

Personally I'd prefer planet based with 4, 9, 16, and 25 tile planets surrounded by space (ocean).

Personally I'd prefer planet based with 4, 9, 16, and 25 tile planets surrounded by space (ocean).

This kind of gameplay has been tried before in other games like Empire Earth and Star Wars Battlegrounds. It seemed akward in both games and really didn't work like it should. A Game like Star Wars Empire at war worked out well, but a game like that is impossible to mimick in Civ IV. In Civ IV, it's either all-space or all-land.

I agree, the mod should be based on spaceships, maybe the land units could be presented as promotions.

Thank You!!!

No way I just made some awesome new jedi units (way better than the old ones I've uploaded).

This kind of gameplay has been tried before in other games like Empire Earth and Star Wars Battlegrounds. It seemed akward in both games and really didn't work like it should. A Game like Star Wars Empire at war worked out well, but a game like that is impossible to mimick in Civ IV. In Civ IV, it's either all-space or all-land.

Are those RTS or TB? I doubt the AI could handle the duality in RT, but in a turn-based game that already has naval AI this wouldn't be difficult.

We are planning to have galaxy maps that focus on space units but do include ground units, and single planetary maps that focus on land units but do include space units. Kind of like an space archipaleago and a space pangea.

Are those RTS or TB? I doubt the AI could handle the duality in RT, but in a turn-based game that already has naval AI this wouldn't be difficult.

RTS, duality would still be akward in turn-based games because of the fact that you have units that operate in two mediums, and the dual control of these two are hard to understand and comprehend. It is either one or the other, no mix.

Hey, I don't have BTS but i could translate the XML files into French or Spanish... I could do French better than Spanish, but I'm fluent in both, but it would take me time... just message me if you need a translator for Spanish or French

Maybe you could add the Old Sith Empire and the New Republic as civs. Other than that you're off to a good start.

Yes that would be very good. Try also adding the Yuuzhan Vong, Galactic Alliance, Corellians, Black Sun, Bounty Hunters Guild, etc. I'd be willing to help in any way I can.

Yuuzhan Vong-Nom Anor plz
Killiks-Aleema Rar, Raynor Thul
Galactic Alliance-Jacen Solo, Cal Omas
New Jedi Order-Luke or Mara
CIS- Dooku, Greivous
Republic-Palpatine, Valorum
New Republic-Princess Leia, Borsk Fey'la (not sure if that's spelled right)
Rebellion-Bail Organa, Mon Mothoma
Empire-Vader and Tarkin

also add try adding units from Battlefront and Empire at war. These are some great resources. Also use things from Expanded Universe.
I'll get a list of units later.

Top Bottom