Steve Jobs is a GP

As much as I hate Apple, he was one of the best CEOs of our generation. GM is fitting for him.

BTW, GP could be mistaken for Great Prophet. I guess that may also be fitting for the Kool-Aid drinkers LOL

enough with this Steve Jobs BS. The only good he did and all this iCrap did was make this world lazier and fatter.

enough with this Steve Jobs BS. The only good he did and all this iCrap did was make this world lazier and fatter.

I mean it's not like more than half his design ideas and innovations are currently being emulated by all of Apples competition or that you can't currently go 10 ft in a crowded urban area without seeing one of his designs...

the GM should stand for Great Marketer. that's about it.

why are you reviving this since you started the last one?

yeah and because of all this crap, people are texting while driving, walking, doing this and that and forgetting how to actually communicate face to face. The world has become a giant chat room of imbeciles.

yeah and because of all this crap, people are texting while driving, walking, doing this and that and forgetting how to actually communicate face to face. The world has become a giant chat room of imbeciles.

You give him far too much credit.

He's not responsible for any of that since he didn't invent the Cellphone, he only innovated it. Kinda sucks he died so young since his was pushing very hard for Facetime where people could communicate face to face without being physically face to face.

what's next? Kim Kardashian as a Great Artist? L. Ron Hubbard as a Great Prophet?

Moderator Action: This thread really only has a tangential relation to Civ5, and would seem more appropriate in an OT forum (the alternative being thread closure). Thread moved.

I think people do all this stuff don't they?

He had dreams and helped make things happened.

He helped make home computers a reality before Chinese reverse engineering of the IBM computer architecture led to the "PC" being everywhere. I'd rather have an Apple II then a "trash-80".

He helped make portable music everywhere.

And then the "smart-phone" nonsense.

Nothing to do with Steve Jobs, there are other technology companies you know. The person above who says you give him too much credit is 100% correct

Given that he's a 'Great Merchant' and not a Great Scientist or Great Engineer I see nothing wrong with his inclusion. After all, Apple is the most valuable company in the world right now in terms of market cap.

I see the PC fanboys (yes fanboys) have targeted this thread... :rolleyes:

I mean it's not like more than half his design ideas and innovations are currently being emulated by all of Apples competition or that you can't currently go 10 ft in a crowded urban area without seeing one of his designs...

You think he designed any of the products Apple sells? Where do you draw the line between managing a company and actually designing it's products?

Given that he's a 'Great Merchant' and not a Great Scientist or Great Engineer I see nothing wrong with his inclusion. After all, Apple is the most valuable company in the world right now in terms of market cap.

I agree with this statement.

Top Bottom