Strength 26 Courtesan

tinstaafl

Warlord
First of all, i have no idea if the same thing doesn't happen in Base FfH2 as well, i'm new and had none of the requirements happen in any of my few games so far.

I played the Balseraph with Nell and was in a war with the Khazad. I had a courtesan with the esus religion (also my state religion), upgraded from a freak with mobility, strong and heroic defense and i believe or 2 combat upgrade, so, a 8/9 unit i think.

Now, when she killed Maros, the Khazad hero who, at the time was 8/15 (but badly hurt), she was upgraded to 8/16, with no visible promotion explaining the sudden +7 which i assume she somehow got from an invisible promotion the engine uses to make maros' defense as high as it is? Which maybe she stole, like a mimic would? Only, i don't even find the civopedia listing that she has that ability, well maybe it's left out, or an addition of wildmana...

Then, a little later she got to kill a badly hurt stephanos and somehow it sseems got another invisible strength promotion is now 24/24 (+2 poison) so a 26 strengh courtesan. Now i wonder if:
a) which parts of this will happen in base ffh as well
b) is it intended to be able to "mimic" (i can only assume that's what's happening) those invisible strength promotions (assuming that's how it works anyways...)

Thank you

this is intended, and only courtesan in WM work like this. they are supposed to get the strength of the strongest unit they killed. so good job on killing stephanos, now you got a uber courtesan :lol:

Oh my fricking god... Is there a flavor justification for this? I mean it's strange enough to imagine a courtesan sleeping with one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, but why does she get his strength?
And geee who wants to have sex with a mutated prostitute? Ok Stephanos is a demon, but I didn't know that good old Maros has such strange kinks...

gameplay not only tramples flavour, it also utterly destroys it, stomp it to pieces and ultimately brings it down to a fine pink powder with a billion different uses.

it's a magical ability called shapechanging or polymorph. I see it as part of the balseraph knowledge of chaos magic. The balseraph Leader Nell also has this ability.

At first I had planned not only to swap base strength, but most other attributes as well (so if a courtesan defeats an air elemental, it is an air elemental thereafter)

And geee who wants to have sex with a mutated prostitute? Ok Stephanos is a demon, but I didn't know that good old Maros has such strange kinks...
Well, maybe she just glows a little, or is a catgirl, or has "both parts", nothing much wrong with that (and the sevopedia for Maros DOES say he won't ever have children...)

Sephi said:
it's a magical ability called shapechanging or polymorph. I see it as part of the balseraph knowledge of chaos magic. The balseraph Leader Nell also has this ability.

So she basically looks like him now?

I just remembered that she can also cast mask, and she has Stephanos' crown - this will be a reeeeally fun unit soon as i'm done with the khazad. Should probably go hunt for some of those mark of ragnarok units that i think are the reason for the rising AC.

Ok this makes sense. Would be cool if Nell had a trait that emulated her ability to change her shape. IMHO emergent leaders that have a trait noone else has are the most interesting.
I just remembered that she can also cast mask, and she has Stephanos' crown - this will be a reeeeally fun unit soon as i'm done with the khazad. Should probably go hunt for some of those mark of ragnarok units that i think are the reason for the rising AC.
Unfortunately this does not work as hidden nationality prevents you from getting slaves and from undertaking enemy units, what is a pity as a courtesan with hidden nationality actually has style.

Ok this makes sense. Would be cool if Nell had a trait that emulated her ability to change her shape. IMHO emergent leaders that have a trait noone else has are the most interesting.

Then you'll like the stuff Grey Fox has been working on for the next patch of RifE. :mischief:

Nell is a hero unit if you play him and has the shapechanging ability.

Nell is a hero unit if you play him and has the shapechanging ability.

Really? So he can be built? I can't seem to find him (btw, so she's a him?) anywhere around the tech tree (version 7.20). Can you built any of the other leaders (aisde from Auric), too, and how? Sorry to be a bother...

you can't build him. He will Spawn when you build the first city (might delay that as he is quite OP currently)

Top Bottom