Suggestion: Minor UI changes

Ghoster013

Chieftain
Great work on the mod!

Was wondering if it might be possible and make sense to make a couple subtle changes to the UI.

1. The achievement screens that pops up from time to time (discovering the Atlantic, first native tribe, first tool produced, etc) force you to click the OK button with the mouse to clear. It would be nice if that screen could be cleared off with the ENTER key. I use the keyboard a lot and it would streamline that process.

2. Would it be possible to make the scroll bar on the settlement screen be "sticky"? I've been trying to win industrial games, and for better or worse, I tend to make one or two cities near the coast as central distribution sites, and often have multiple ships and wagon trains in a city, hence the scroll bar. This becomes an issue (admittedly minor) when moving resources directly from one ship or wagon onto another. If the unit you want to pull resources from is not in the top 2 and you take resources from it and place them elsewhere, the scroll resets to the top of the screen, forcing additional scroll downs to deal with the rest of the cargo from a particular cargo carrier. It would be nice if the scroll bar would stay where you put it until you leave the city screen.

I know there are probably much more pressing bugs and features to implement at this point, but I wanted to throw these out, maybe get some feedback from other players, etc. Thanks!

Great work on the mod!

Was wondering if it might be possible and make sense to make a couple subtle changes to the UI.

1. The achievement screens that pops up from time to time (discovering the Atlantic, first native tribe, first tool produced, etc) force you to click the OK button with the mouse to clear. It would be nice if that screen could be cleared off with the ENTER key. I use the keyboard a lot and it would streamline that process.

2. Would it be possible to make the scroll bar on the settlement screen be "sticky"? I've been trying to win industrial games, and for better or worse, I tend to make one or two cities near the coast as central distribution sites, and often have multiple ships and wagon trains in a city, hence the scroll bar. This becomes an issue (admittedly minor) when moving resources directly from one ship or wagon onto another. If the unit you want to pull resources from is not in the top 2 and you take resources from it and place them elsewhere, the scroll resets to the top of the screen, forcing additional scroll downs to deal with the rest of the cargo from a particular cargo carrier. It would be nice if the scroll bar would stay where you put it until you leave the city screen.

I know there are probably much more pressing bugs and features to implement at this point, but I wanted to throw these out, maybe get some feedback from other players, etc. Thanks!

I agree with both of these. The Enter key could be used in many different players to improve functionality. However they are both pretty minor things compared to what Dale has planned i think. Still perhaps at some point he will find time for this and other small improvements :)

Yeah, keep this in mind for later as I'm working on education and politics for the next version. :)

Top Bottom