Suggestion: Slayers

i don't know if would like so many different version of slayers promotions. what is so different between putting your sword through a human then an elf?

To me that is exactly the point... A human you might have to wear out in an extended fight that has a little of everything Stamina, Strength, and Agility. Where as I see a fight vs an elf to be more of agility and reflexes. You don't swing at where they are, you swing at where they are going to be... More feint and counter feint.

I see the slayer proms not as You know where to stick them to do more damage, but traps, ploys, and feints that tend to work against their typical fighting style

i don't know if would like so many different version of slayers promotions. what is so different between putting your sword through a human then an elf? they would also be a bit problematic to balance since the ai afaik can not be told to go for certain slayer promotions if it faces a particular opponent.

it cant be told to, but naturally, who it is fighting the most will be what promotions it will get.

But really, why I like the natural slayer promos, is simply because it is like a medal, you kill a bunch of elves, eventually your unit becomes an elf slayer. I mean sometimes I think to myself as a unit kills orc after orc that the unit is an orcslayer, so I give it the promo, just because it has already killed so many I think it deserves it.

I don't know if that makes sense, but the slayer promotions are almost as much for fun and individual unit flavor as they are strategic necessity. It would be better if there were a counter, so the unit would have to kill say 6 elves to earn the elfhunter promotion, but I think that may make units too memory heavy.

Personaly I would tie the promotions to nations and not races.
The average lyos is going to be fighting a lot diffrently than the average svat. And the human factions are so diffrent appart from one another that it gets silly.

@Breez
it guess it depends on how you see the world of erebus. To me an experienced soldier knows how to fight humanoids i mean elves are just not that different from orcs or humans then say dragons or demons. Of course i can see your point, it is just too detailed in my opinion. What is next a bear slayer promotion and a polar bear slayer promotion (yes, i know evil exaggeration) :D?

I'd be fine if the "slayer" promo was 1% or 5% I see it as a flavor thing not a power thing.

I like Bear slayer :) good idea

Top Bottom