Suggestions and Requests

I've always thought it's weird that they used "Renaissance" for the entire period between the middle ages and industrial revolution. The Renaissance had been over in Italy for 300 years before the industrial revolution arrived there. Maybe we should call it the Early Modern period or something instead?

I've always thought it's weird that they used "Renaissance" for the entire period between the middle ages and industrial revolution. The Renaissance had been over in Italy for 300 years before the industrial revolution arrived there. Maybe we should call it the Early Modern period or something instead?
Add to this the fact that actual Renaissance music is used for the Medieval Era soundtrack, not the Renaissance Era's...

Maybe just "Modern Era" then. Having one era with two words sounds a bit awkward.

E: Checking again, in English just "Modern" would also incorporate the Industrial period (that's not the case in French, my bad), so Renaissance is probably still the least bad option.

renaissance is such a better and more romantic name. i think its fine its less technically accurate

I wonder how the religion spawn work. I've played for Rome (latest downloadable v 1.17), after researching ethic, orthodoxy was spawning mostly in Rome (about 50%). I tried multiple times, wanted to spawn it in Jerusalem, but seems like it's not an option, because it was a holy city for judaism. So i ended up with spawning orthodoxy in the nearest city - Tyrus. After that the time for catholicism had come, and it spawns everywhere in Europe, but not in Rome (tried about 20 times, different turns). How does this stuff works? Maybe it would be good option to choose the holy city by the player?

I wonder how the religion spawn work. I've played for Rome (latest downloadable v 1.17), after researching ethic, orthodoxy was spawning mostly in Rome (about 50%). I tried multiple times, wanted to spawn it in Jerusalem, but seems like it's not an option, because it was a holy city for judaism. So i ended up with spawning orthodoxy in the nearest city - Tyrus. After that the time for catholicism had come, and it spawns everywhere in Europe, but not in Rome (tried about 20 times, different turns). How does this stuff works? Maybe it would be good option to choose the holy city by the player?
The best way found Orthodoxy in Jerusalem is to not research Ethic and wait for the Orthodoxy auto found (it happen usually around 100-150AD). Not much chances, but can happen

The best way found Orthodoxy in Jerusalem is to not research Ethic and wait for the Orthodoxy auto found (it happen usually around 100-150AD). Not much chances, but can happen
Jerusalem was already part of empire in my situation. And orthodoxy was often been founded in Ethiopia if I was waiting.

Reviving the merc system of original RFC is possible or no? A side suggestion heeh

Isn't Citizenship the DoC equivalent?

Ehh, they are basically a nerfed Universal Suffrage unit purchase.
Merc System in RFC you not only buy units from regions, you can also set your own units to go on a contract. RFC Europe goes even further where there are several units only available as mercenaries, like Black Guard, Longbows and etc.
Oh and they can also be varied in level, so you can spend cash on some beefed up troops

I don't like it.

Not sure if this is in the victory screen and I just haven't seen it, or if this has already been suggested and there's a reason for its absence, but would it be possible to include when the next World Congress somewhere? Sometimes 10 turns is a long while in real-time so I forget when it happened last...

Thanks!

Suggestion: Given that Arabia has become Saudi Arabia in modern times, Arab resurrection should no longer be able to flip cities outside of the Arabian Peninsula (It seems strange to see Saudi Arabia controlling Iraq and Jordan unless we add Hashemite Arabia)

Suggestion: Given that Arabia has become Saudi Arabia in modern times, Arab resurrection should no longer be able to flip cities outside of the Arabian Peninsula (It seems strange to see Saudi Arabia controlling Iraq and Jordan unless we add Hashemite Arabia)
Related: I know it's very low priority but it always strikes me that Arabia is the only middle east nation (that consistently respawns) to not receive a modern leaderhead. Egypt, Turkey, Persia, Pakistan, Ethiopia all do

Back
Top Bottom