Resource icon

Sukritact's Main Menu 1.0

You can change the settings on the device that has the screen resolution. It would help to know what device you are using.
What? The monitor doesn't control the resolution that is output by the card, you've got that backwards. The card controls the output resolution to the monitor. The OS or fullscreen software (in this case, Civ 5) tells the card what resolution to render. The display is dumb, it won't communicate anything back to the game. So my display device doesn't matter in the slightest. If you run the game at a higher resolution than 1920x1080, you will get black bars around the menu image. The game doesn't upscale it, which makes me wonder if it supports higher resolution images at all. I can still play the game, but it's annoying to me seeing that when I launch the game. I play at 2560x1440 if you're curious.

Ok. I guess you are using a desktop with a monitor with a very large screen. I will stop helping.
The size of the screen is irrelevant, and so is whether or not I'm using a 4k TV or 1440p desktop monitor (which I would like to be able to use both). Anyway, thanks.

The reason why I asked about HDTV is because I did a Google search about it using your resolution.
There aren't any HDTV's that run at 2560x1440. Anyway, I already searched all over the place for information about a high-res background and couldn't find anything, which is why I came here to ask. I've been gaming since the 80s, programming, modding games and building PCs since the 90s, and working in IT and Network Administration since the 00s, so trust me when I say that TVs have nothing to do with this.

For some reason the DDS files don't open up for me with the nVidia DDS plugin for GIMP that I use that works with every other game I try modding.
The DDS files you're having trouble with are indexed (you'll notice an *-index.dds file for each of them), but they can be converted to PNG with this tool: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dds-unpacker-for-interface-textures.389316/
You can do whatever resize/edits that you like to the converted PNG, then export them to a regular DDS file for use with this pseudo-DLC.

Is there a similar mod that does the same thing but with the main menu's music? The BNW theme gets a bit repetitive after the billionth time I boot up the game.

Top Bottom