Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game Four Thread

I guessed 9 wars but not much else.

Way to go PC!!!

Kudos to...

Joao, for holding off against Mao and Peter at a critical point, outmaneuvering a tech deficit by prioritizing population and diplomacy, and most of all bringing unprecedented happiness to the citizens of Lisboa with a mere 94 regiments of imperial largesse 🥇

Qin, for his valiant efforts to effect Pax Sinica in the world and true dedication to science and progress 🥈

Gilgamesh, for subverting not only his chances at victory via a self-destructive invasion of China but also his neighbor's by founding an international forum only Portugal could benefit from 🥉

Peter, for targeting the right threat and surviving... 🥉

RIP...

Wang Kon, for taking a truly solid start and gifting it to his neighbor ⚱️

Wow what a game! Not sure why Sulla was saying it was boring…there don’t need to be wars all the time for things to be interesting!

@Saxo Grammaticus i think you need to give the barbs a medal as well, two city captures, unbelievable scenes :eek:

Also can’t believe Qin was easily tech leader after limping to the wheel on 2 beakers per turn…

Wow what a game! Not sure why Sulla was saying it was boring…there don’t need to be wars all the time for things to be interesting!

@Saxo Grammaticus i think you need to give the barbs a medal as well, two city captures, unbelievable scenes :eek:

Also can’t believe Qin was easily tech leader after limping to the wheel on 2 beakers per turn…
It was unclear how long it would take for shared military struggle to wear off after the Korean dogpile, and for a while everyone appeared to be harmoniously teching. The irony, of course, is what are the odds that Joao can coexist with these bloodthirsty warmongers on a map like this for so long?! This anomaly and others are part of what ended up making the game so engaging.

Unfortunately, I think the barbarians undermined Joao's strength on this map by making it look like this was all one lucky break, when the diplomacy with Qin was likely set by then, and Peter wasn't going to do much with that city anyway.

The committee will consider their performance if aggressive barbarians are present in the Wildcard game.

This is a good map for Qin's AI, and if anything Qin lost by playing a flawed diplomatic game when he could have just steamrolled his neighbors.

I have Wang as winner and Qin second (i think).
Qin with a very solid opening.

Sulla being surprised at SB's bad cities..doesn't he look over that land? Was very obvious there's no food.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing! No food at all for poor SB - hard to place Hall-of-Fame cities then...

No points lol. The one thing I needed was an early dogpile on Joao, instead he gets attacked by the two runts when it's too late.

Last edited:
No points lol. The one thing I needed was an early dogpile on Joao, instead he gets attacked by the two runts when it's too late.
Spreadsheet says that you got 4 points (3 for number of wars and 1 for finish date). Average was 5.57 points so could be worse.

A few people still did manage to get 0 points though.

I was pretty sure I voted for Joao in the picking contest, but only 3 points for the game so :shifty:

I did do one test one after where I just voted random stuff - perhaps that overwrote it somehow! (Though not sure how as I shouldn’t be signed into any Google account…)

I was pretty sure I voted for Joao in the picking contest, but only 3 points for the game so :shifty:

I did do one test one after where I just voted random stuff - perhaps that overwrote it somehow! (Though not sure how as I shouldn’t be signed into any Google account…)
Pretty sure the scores are tracked by the username you fill out on the form

Random.org plays the picking game. They got 19 points.

Sullla posted alternate histories for Game 4:

Top Bottom