Super Tribes

Hawk, can you send me your save? I was able to open Sully's turn and do whatever, but when I tried to save, the game crashed. I could open another multiplayer game and save that afterwards, so it's definitely this game. Could be something with E's puter. :dunno:

I've just sent Cyc my last two saves, as requested by email. The delay is my fault, I didn't check my email over the weekend.......

Will take a look tomorrow.

Well, not much in the way of good news. I played Hawk's saves (from Tom) and the game still crashes in 470AD. I saved after the first 4 turns (1 round of play). During those turns, I stopped all unit production for each team. Then I opened that save and played until it crashes. Twice. One difference I noted was that with the save E sent me, the game played through and crashed on Sully. With both of the saves Tom sent me the game crashes on E. The first run I ran the UN vote to an Abstain. The second, the election was not held. On the second run I also reduced the units by 100 (an even percentage between the 4 nations). It stil crashed. It may be too many cities, too much built in total. I'm not sure. This game is just packed, wall to wall.

I would suggest you go back and play Hawk's 450AD save, complete the UN and everyone vote, one way or the other. If you get a winner, and it does show the results of the election, so be it. Otherwise, you'll just have to walk away from it. Unless you can find someone who can fix it.

Well, not much in the way of good news. I played Hawk's saves (from Tom) and the game still crashes in 470AD. I saved after the first 4 turns (1 round of play). During those turns, I stopped all unit production for each team. Then I opened that save and played until it crashes. Twice. One difference I noted was that with the save E sent me, the game played through and crashed on Sully. With both of the saves Tom sent me the game crashes on E. The first run I ran the UN vote to an Abstain. The second, the election was not held. On the second run I also reduced the units by 100 (an even percentage between the 4 nations). It stil crashed. It may be too many cities, too much built in total. I'm not sure. This game is just packed, wall to wall.

I would suggest you go back and play Hawk's 450AD save, complete the UN and everyone vote, one way or the other. If you get a winner, and it does show the results of the election, so be it. Otherwise, you'll just have to walk away from it. Unless you can find someone who can fix it.

Well thanks for doing a good job of trying to solve the issue Cyc. I felt bad at first that it was something to do with my pc but then all the other games I'm in are working fine. But it is a shame to get to a point that there is something stopping us from completing the game. Damn...and I was just about to declare war on everyone and claim a conquest victory!!!:lol:

Hope we can find a way to carry on, but doesn't sound promising. Thanks Cyc - good game.

Looks like we were heading towards a space race, probably a straight shoot-out between Macedonia and Korea.

My invasion of England was partly to obtain uranium, but also a long shot at gaining a population victory. I had a load of settlers and literally hundreds of workers ready to irrigate all land and then settle in those open English spaces.

Enjoyed it, thanks for the game all. :goodjob:

Yea thanks for the effort Cyc. Looks like I might be saved by the bell :lol:

So lets replay from that save and see what happens.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I put a lot into it. I'm not sure why niether Hawk or I got Rubber. My games will be recource poor, but I was sure I placed a fairly even amount of everything across the map. I had figured you would expand, Hawk, to the North or to the East, where you would have found Rubber in both places. I guess I figured my Cossacks would have secured some for the Russians. Wishful thinking.

Holding the UN election will afford you the opportunity to close the game. It appears that Tom will surpass E. in score very soon. But E. is dug in very well and looks to have invaded Korea already. Some good master plans here. Too bad the game mechanics couldn't handled them. Better luck next time to Sully and Tom. Explore and expand are key in my games. :thumbsup:

Good luck to all.

Just a point of information: I didn't invade anyone. Macedon's "tail" to the west is all self-built cities.

As for being dug in: Hope for the best and prepare for the worst :)

I'll re-play the turn where I built the UN once I get home this afternoon and send it on to Sully.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I put a lot into it. I'm not sure why niether Hawk or I got Rubber. My games will be recource poor, but I was sure I placed a fairly even amount of everything across the map. I had figured you would expand, Hawk, to the North or to the East, where you would have found Rubber in both places. I guess I figured my Cossacks would have secured some for the Russians. Wishful thinking.

Holding the UN election will afford you the opportunity to close the game. It appears that Tom will surpass E. in score very soon. But E. is dug in very well and looks to have invaded Korea already. Some good master plans here. Too bad the game mechanics couldn't handled them. Better luck next time to Sully and Tom. Explore and expand are key in my games. :thumbsup:

Good luck to all.

History is being rewritten!

Ok - will play again tomorrow night (I'm out tonight). I'll try and replicate the battles. It'll be fun bashing up the English again :p

I bet no one has built a helicopter yet. I was wondering how they worked out.

GPS to Hawk, 470AD replayed. Pretty much the same outcome, except the English dogs were spared.

Not so much to kill this time. Many conscripts threw themselves at the leading Korean troops eventually killing them but loosing many lives.

gps

Top Bottom