TAM V.091 Testing

I've got Great General progress bar incorporated into TAM. This is the easy one, as it is simply getting the changes over from BUG with little alteration needed. On the other hand, I've been having hard time understanding BUG's Great Person progress bar's code. That one is one complicated beast as my understanding of python and how BUG's code works is still limited.

Anyway, if anyone interested, the files are attached. You'll notice the GG bar and tech bar are all the way to the left. That is because the GP bar suppose to be on the right side. I use BUG's code to adjust the placement, so the right side is basically reserved until I can get GP progress bar incorporated.

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.rar
    21.4 KB · Views: 191
  • TAM_Custom_Interface_Text.rar
    565 bytes · Views: 185
@ Duertek, is this something you would know about?

edit 1) the majority of tags in question are industrial age tags which i remember deleting some (cant remember exactly where) trying to clean up some files.
Actually I saw this message but I didn't investigate

Edit : It seems the BTS file CvRandomEventInterface.py needs modifications :o

Edit : It seems the BTS file CvRandomEventInterface.py needs modifications :o

OIL/URANIUM => TIN/TIMBER
ERA_INDUSTRIAL => inactivated (not useful)
TECH_METAL_CASTING => TECH_FURNACE
RELIGION_ISLAM => inactivated (not useful too)

In TAM_GameText_Events_BTS.xml, it could be more accurate to change "Influenza virus" with "Plague" (seach for tag _INFLUENZA_) because this event can be trigger now

@ono-neko: maybe you should open a new thread for BUG because it's not really related to "TAM 0.91 testing"

In Assets/XML/Python/EntryPoints

Attachments

• CvRandomEventInterface.7z
    14.1 KB · Views: 178
I just received "Classic Literature Quest" in the game, and the quest's description still referring to "Great Library". However, in the game, there's only "Library of Alexandria". So, I changed the reference of "Great Library" to "Library of Alexandria" in the file "XML\Text\TAM_GameText_Events_BTS.xml".

Attachments

• TAM_GameText_Events_BTS.rar
    157.9 KB · Views: 189
I just received "Classic Literature Quest" in the game, and the quest's description still referring to "Great Library". However, in the game, there's only "Library of Alexandria". So, I changed the reference of "Great Library" to "Library of Alexandria" in the file "XML\Text\TAM_GameText_Events_BTS.xml".

Ambrox, i will merge this with my build.

Thanks Ono-neko

I wish inform everyone that I'm collecting all Dertuek and ono-neko changes in order to assemble a official 0.91a patch

It will contain:
- Dertuek french translation
- Dertuek python fixes and improvements
- Dertuek text fixes
- ono-neko TAM BUG (not 100% sure at the moment)
- ...(list in progress)... :)

Do I forget something?

Ambrox, i will merge this with my build.

Thanks Ono-neko

Ambrox,

did you grab this one as well?

I am still at the day job (for another minute anyway)

dont forget the files on the TamDev Server I uploaded since last update

- ono-neko TAM BUG (not 100% sure at the moment)

Actually, I've made more changes I haven't reported yet due to the merge with BUG. Basically I have a list of what need to be done when merging with BUG to iron out all the kinks. I will post what I have later on.

My house has been without power (welcome to 3rd world country), so I can only access internet via my mobile phone. *civ deprivation has kicked in*

EDIT: check the TAM with BUG thread

OIL/URANIUM => TIN/TIMBER
The brothers_in_need event still has problems. Finally I replaced oil with gold in CvRandomEventInterface.py (because TXT_KEY_EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_6 refers to gold)

In CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, I added <Event>EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_7</Event> (below EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_6)

In CIV4EventInfos.xml, I changed in EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_6:
<PrereqTech> : TECH_IRON_WORKING => NONE
<BonusGift> : BONUS_IRON => BONUS_GOLD

I create a new event EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_7 (copy/paste of EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_6)
<BonusGift> becomes BONUS_TIMBER

In TAM_GameText_Event_BTS.xml, you need to change text in:
TXT_KEY_EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_7 : need text relative to timber (something like "Send them timber for their navy")
TXT_KEY_EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_OTHER_6 : Oil becomes Gold
TXT_KEY_EVENT_BROTHERS_IN_NEED_OTHER_7 : Uranium becomes Timber

I tested this time, it works well :o

Attachments

• CIV4EventInfos.7z
    8.5 KB · Views: 189
  • CIV4EventTriggerInfos.7z
    8.9 KB · Views: 192
  • CvRandomEventInterface.7z
    14.1 KB · Views: 185
Two files are strangely encoded in XML/Text:
TAM_hints.xml
TAM_Strategy.xml

I use Notepad++. In a "normal" file, I see "Dos\Windows | ANSI" on the bottom right hand corner.
In these two files, I see "Dos\Windows | ANSI as UTF-8". It causes problems with accented characters when I try to translate in french.

I tested "Format => Convert to ANSI" in Notepad++ and it was ok (I also tested Italian and German languages which have accented characters too)

2) duplication of some files came about because of the afore mentioned processes and we are aware of them. if you dont mind keep your list on these until we can reform as a team, and set about refining the mod. a quick deletion of these xml tags seems easy enough, and im sure there are more, but i would like to wait on these since they are not "breaking" anything at the moment.
If you need, I created a file which contains all duplicate tags in xml files (mainly names of cities)

Attachments

• duplicate.7z
    3.4 KB · Views: 198
I have two games that has given me similar error log in LSystem.log file, which I attached in this post. I played as Rome, and it's already in the classical age. Does anyone else seeing the same thing in their LSystem.log?

Here's some snippet from the file:
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 90.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 90.000000
building:Art/Structures/Buildings/slave_market/slave_market.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!
building:Art/Structures/Buildings/holysite/Barracks.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!
building:Art/Structures/Buildings/graveyard/barracks.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!

Attachments

• LSystem.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 189
Also my log has lots of warnings.
I noticed that lots of customized building nif don't have the SHADOW node. It requires lots of time to fix these nifs (instead of "shadow", they have nodes called plane01, 02, etc...). Furthermore many buildings don't have shadow at all.
About the Leaf warnings instead, I've no idea what they mean. May be comparing both firaxis and customized xml/nif I might find a solution, but it doesn't worth the job, imo.
Almost all TAM building arts come from other mods and/or artists, and nobody worry about these warnings.
At the end, these warnings don't cause CTD

However you did a good catch :goodjob:

If you need, I created a file which contains all duplicate tags in xml files (mainly names of cities)

Ambrox/Laurino,

I have taken a glance at the list provided by Duertek, what are your thoughts regarding the duplicate files. Should I attempt to remove them after closer inspection??

Ambrox,

Somehow or another, I am unable to train Woodsman (axeman) or Berserks (swordsman).
I remember we had this issue a couple of months ago, and it was a simple fix.
I cant find anything to remind me how we fixed this, but I remember doing it.

We must have missed this in our files for the patches.

I will poke around a little more.

Edit One) Ok I remembered it was correcting the unitinfo.xml file. I have uploaded to the server, the corrected file. Im not sure if its missing in the patches, so double check when you compile the next build. Thanks.

First test as the Romans I was able to check on the Iberian/Tartessian balance.

As usual the Tartessians are hard pressed to push North, BUT, they have at least crossed the Gibralter Strait and colonized N Africa

Attachments

• tartessia TAM .091f0000.JPG
    tartessia TAM .091f0000.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 208
It appears that the Iberians are not what they once use to be.

The tartessians held them, then the Gauls went south, and I as the Romans went West

I will continue to check on this, but because of the feedback of Ono-neko it appears that this issue maybe can finally be crossed off the to-do list. My next test will be as the Carthage, where I can check this out as well.

Attachments

• iberian not so bad now0000.JPG
    iberian not so bad now0000.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 204
Top Bottom