[TC] Civcraft SC

2Gerikes

Unique, that for me is not it - it to the last version of Civilization, and all of other works, but you how corrected previous errors me, and why these does not can?
By the way it is not written for you, that it is necessary to have the last version of Civilization.

M@ximUm said:
2Gerikes

Unique, that for me is not it - it to the last version of Civilization, and all of other works, but you how corrected previous errors me, and why these does not can?
By the way it is not written for you, that it is necessary to have the last version of Civilization.

The problem with the XML file I gave to you was just a problem with how the XML file was written. It had nothing to do with other files, and so it was easy to fix. These recent errors are because some files aren't being loaded correctly, files that other files depend on. Because I have never seen this happen on a computer before, I'm not sure what steps I would even take to fix it, whether it be the Civcraft MOD or any other Civ4 mod. If you are sure you have followed the directions I have given you, and it still is not working, then I do not have any other solutions for you. I wish I could help you more, but I am stumped. I am sorry.

I will also add to the front page that this is known only to work with verson 1.61.

Yes,his working!!!
I loaded the latest version Civilization and now all works as though! Here picture:

http://infostore.org/info/1093153/picture_001.bmp

All did it load correctly?
It is sorry that little models are ready yet for you.
By the way, and pair of Bugs, which I noticed already:
1.A computer hangs up often, when I begin someone to attack.
2.Overlord for some reason able to transport Larva and here does not even require an
improvement for transportation.
Now no longer remember already, but will
write then.
Is not AI of computers yet ready by the way?

Gerikes- to you enormous thank you for a
help!!!=)

M@ximUm said:
Yes,his working!!!
I loaded the latest version Civilization and now all works as though! Here picture:

http://infostore.org/info/1093153/picture_001.bmp

All did it load correctly?

Looks good!

It is sorry that little models are ready yet for you.
By the way, and pair of Bugs, which I noticed already:
1.A computer hangs up often, when I begin someone to attack.
2.Overlord for some reason able to transport Larva and here does not even require an
improvement for transportation.
Now no longer remember already, but will
write then.
Is not AI of computers yet ready by the way?

Gerikes- to you enormous thank you for a
help!!!=)

1.) Hangs up? Like, the game becomes unplayable when you attack? Well, there are definetly problems with the attack mode, although I thought I had cleared out all the crashes at least. Are you using right-click to attack or the little actions on the bottom to initiate your attacks? If using the little action buttons on bottom, please post a game you saved so that I can see, because those action buttons should be working. Right-click a unit to attack still has flaws in it.

2.) Well, as I've said, the actual rules are far from finished. The AI code has not been started yet. As you can see, this mod is in it's very early stages. Transports, upgrades etc. are still not done. When I come back from the week off I've decided to take, however, upgrades (just the attack/armor/sight modifiers) will be put into place. Terran add-ons will also be worked on. I might be able to find some time to make the Overlord only be able to transport with the right upgrades. After that, cloaking.

Sometime during this period, I will try to fix the right-click attack, but I'm trying to hold off on that, for technical reasons.

So, the mod is taking a week off from development, expect some updates sometime mid-next week, possibly with more enhancments like upgrades.

1.)I do not know as it on English.
It is possible to say a computer stops working and I can nothing to do and he has to be overloaded.
A sort of a computer decides on one picture and I can do nothing.
It takes a place enough often and when he is stopped I can not do screenshot,because that I have to overload him.
As though explained easy to understand.=)

M@ximUm said:
1.)I do not know as it on English.
It is possible to say a computer stops working and I can nothing to do and he has to be overloaded.
A sort of a computer decides on one picture and I can do nothing.
It takes a place enough often and when he is stopped I can not do screenshot,потому that I have to overload him.
As though explained easy to understand.=)

Ok, so it freezes? You probably right-clicked then, as that is prone to problems. I will look at it when I get back. Thanks for the report.

Another bug forgot.
Barbarians do not attack.
Although it probably from to, that it is not yet computer AI.

And yet.
One of moderators of Zergkiller said me, that models for you timber-toe by the name of kill4str. Is it a true?

M@ximUm said:
Another bug forgot.

Correct, barbarians are mostly controlled by the same AI code, so they don't really do anything other than possilby explore the map. I normally do tests with the "no barbarian" option. Eventually the barbarians will be eliminated altogether, but I have not yet turned them completely off because they might need to be used later for neutral critters.

And yet.
One of moderators of Zergkiller said me, that models for you timber-toe by the name of kill4str. Is it a true?

Many of the models we plan on using, including the three that we have in the game currently, are ones which were graciously loaned to us from a mod project for another game that was doing a SC mod. I wasn't involved in gathering these resources, so that's really all I know about them.

M@ximUm said:
Another bug forgot.

And yet.

Actually the models we collected were made for warcraft 3 and after I cnontaceted Killst4r, He graciously allowed us to use his models to use in our mods, although some are missing, all will be finished by version 1.0 (hopefully)

Kill4str on my opinion does models for all mods Starcraft on everything games:Warcraft 3,Generals,Civilization 4 .

That in the internet I never saw him.

Man-invisible man, which does actually very much great deal.
Pass to him from me enormous thank you.=)

New version. Includes support for Terran Add-ons (just the implementation, not the actual researching that is done within. That's next update). Also, added cheat codes (helpful for debugging). Check the changelog for more info. Files are located in the first post.

I just wanted to say great work on the models and it looks like your making some good progress

@ Tholish:

Yes, if you can get them to work :p

Currently, many of the models are in some wacky file format that isn't compatable or convertable to the Civ4 file format...yet. That's why the models are just model-shots and not screenshots. Conversion utilities are on the way. I can't wait to see the rest of the models when they arrive! Killamike can tell you more about that.

@ Soibean:

Thanks. Still a lot to go. The newest update is almost ready. I hope to have it out in the next few days, and then get the spell implementation (the non-graphical part) all set and ready to go for the release of Warlords, so that I can concentrate heavily on porting the SDK changes over to Warlords when it comes out. I'm really hoping that I've made enough SDK changes that I can just use my DLL file and not have to do anything for warlords, but I doubt it :p

Newest version has a bunch of stuff, biggest changes being weapon/armor/shield/movement/sight upgrades. Also, armor and shield armor factored into damage and HP or Shield regeneration for those affected (Zerg units regenerate HP while Protoss units regerenate shields. Of course, the biggest news is that we're one release closer to v0.15, which will have special abilities. That should be enough to progress to v0.2 :p

Although, right now, I'm getting the feeling that we're going to be picking up speed. Perhaps skip ahead to v0.5 once the battle mechanics are all but set and all warlords-compatability problems are solved.

Edit: BTW, I think that it's about time I humbly ask a moderator to change the thread title from:

[TC] Civcraft SC: The Starcraft Mod (v0.1)

...to...

[TC] Civcraft SC: The Starcraft Mod (Beta)

I thought I could update the version number myself by changing the FP title, but I guess I can't :p

Good work so far. :goodjob:
I didn't know you could implement all that into civ ... but i guess you can.

While playing as the Terrans (with a Marine), I attempted to attack (with the Turn Attack button at the bottom of the screen) the menu came up, and I selected the Ultralisk (barbarian). The game crashed and I had to forcequit. (I tried building things and collecting recources, and they worked smoothly). Are there supposed to be barbs in this mod?

thescaryworker said:
Good work so far. :goodjob:
I didn't know you could implement all that into civ ... but i guess you can.

While playing as the Terrans (with a Marine), I attempted to attack (with the Turn Attack button at the bottom of the screen) the menu came up, and I selected the Ultralisk (barbarian). The game crashed and I had to forcequit. (I tried building things and collecting recources, and they worked smoothly). Are there supposed to be barbs in this mod?

No, barbarians wil eventually be disabled.

I'm in the process right now of completely re-writing how the attack handling is done so that it fits with the entire spell interface. Hopefully, this will eleviate some of the problems with the current attack system, which I keep looking back on in shame :p

Also, that new spell system is being written in a way to hopefully allow things such as the unit-selector and more advanced plot-select (such as multiple plot selections, or animated pictures on the plots rather than square highlights) to be able to be used more as a modcomp than just code integrated into the Civcraft mod, thus allowing other mods to use it as well with a minimum of source editting (most of the code will be in the SDK, so SDK modders will probably have a bit to work out, but the Python code will include changing at most three lines in at most two files, and the rest are new python files.

Of course, creating all this in a purely generic way takes a little longer than creating it in a very specific way as I did the spell system, but it will allow for better debugging (since every spell uses the same code, so the code used to make new spells has already had tons of testing), as well as giving back to the mod community what I hope to be a pretty advanced and feature-full spells mod component. I might even go so far as to rewrite how the buildings are placed using the new spell component.

This will put a serious damper onto the short-term progress of Civcraft, but I think it will help with the problems that is slowly becoming a very engorged modified DLL.

Simply put, I'm trying to make this work in a nice, long-term solution that will hopefully not allow Civcraft: SC to become the Duke Nukem Forever of Civ4 mods :p

Well, I assumed that there would be a lapse of time where nothing happened, and there it was. The GerikSpell system is now merged into Civcraft: SC, so I can start working on other parts back at the pace that I saw back in July (an update every few days or so). Next update will see the introduction of cloaked units and the ability to burrow.

So, with all that hard work and effort, I unveil v0.3. If you haven't seen the project yet, nows a good time, although still in it's early stages. If you've been playing right up until it went quiet for awhile, well, don't expect any fireworks (although I did add in explosions to show that you're attacking a unit :p).

Although there are no new graphics, Killamike has been making significant breakthroughs with the conversions from the borrowed graphics and we expect some great building models soon!

Moving right along, nicely done. You had me worried for awhile... the mod seemed to disappear. What is the Gerik Spell System?

Top Bottom