[TC] Civcraft SC

soibean said:
Moving right along, nicely done. You had me worried for awhile... the mod seemed to disappear. What is the Gerik Spell System?

It's just a mod component I've been working on for the past few weeks. It basically takes all the parts of the mod that you would need to edit the SDK for in order to create new missions with targetting etc. and encapsulates them into one mod, so all you would need to do is edit a few python calls to get the same effect. This means that most stuff that needs the SDK can be done in python, which will speed up production time a ton, because no need to recompile the SDK whenever you're debugging.

Obviously, with all the changes of the SDK there will still be a bunch of stuff there, but things such as the queens broodling that might have taken a day or two to fully implement should now take maybe an hour or so, and any bugs with it later on can be patched much faster.

I've released it as a mod component so that other mods can use it if they like, but am pretty hesitant to work on most of the documentation because it takes awhile and no one really seems to be interested in it :p

See my sig for the link.

A new version is released that has the basic foundations for burrowing and lurker attacks. Currently, you use a lurker attack just like any other attack (except that the unit must be burrowed first). It will highlight a straight line of plots. Any enemy units that are in the highlighted plots will be dealt damage.

Also, I forgot to do txt_key's, and I don't have a texture for the button, so it looks ugly, but all the required functionality is working.

You can see a bit of what this is all about here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4468865&postcount=418

Currently, all units are dealt damage fully, the lighter-colored plots act the same as the dark. Later, this will probably change.

'Power Overwhelming' YOU GUYS ARE GREAT

Gerikes said:
It's just a mod component I've been working on for the past few weeks. It basically takes all the parts of the mod that you would need to edit the SDK for in order to create new missions with targetting etc. and encapsulates them into one mod, so all you would need to do is edit a few python calls to get the same effect. This means that most stuff that needs the SDK can be done in python, which will speed up production time a ton, because no need to recompile the SDK whenever you're debugging.

Obviously, with all the changes of the SDK there will still be a bunch of stuff there, but things such as the queens broodling that might have taken a day or two to fully implement should now take maybe an hour or so, and any bugs with it later on can be patched much faster.

I've released it as a mod component so that other mods can use it if they like, but am pretty hesitant to work on most of the documentation because it takes awhile and no one really seems to be interested in it :p

See my sig for the link.

Not true. We are very much interested in the features GSS provides. And yes, unfortunately for you :p, documentation does go a long way in improving usage and interest in a mod component

Edit: Never mind, read post 82, responded, and then read 83 and clicked on the link. I need to stop posting before I am done reading the full thread. Great work Gerikes

I was on my horse today! Siege mode and Templar/Archon conversions implemented. Also fixed a couple of things here and there. That's Siege Tanks, Lurkers, and Templar/Archon conversions all in the release span of a day. Not too shabby. Also, made a unit's "cooldown" (the turns it can't attack because their weapons need to "cool down" a little more recognizable

Up next is Psi-Storm and Dark Swarm. With the long weekend I should be able to get these done quite quickly along with the unit modifiers (promotions).

Edit: On second thought, I think I'm gonna' take it easy this weekend.

Gerikes said:
I was on my horse today! Siege mode and Templar/Archon conversions implemented. Also fixed a couple of things here and there. That's Siege Tanks, Lurkers, and Templar/Archon conversions all in the release span of a day. Not too shabby. Also, made a unit's "cooldown" (the turns it can't attack because their weapons need to "cool down" a little more recognizable

Up next is Psi-Storm and Dark Swarm. With the long weekend I should be able to get these done quite quickly along with the unit modifiers (promotions).
YOU HAVE A HORSE??!!!! Not fair! wow it seems like coding is almost done and im slacking behind. Anyway, did alot of work on the package we talked about and ill E-mail it to you soon, just going to add more to it if I can.

Killamike718 said:
YOU HAVE A HORSE??!!!! Not fair! wow it seems like coding is almost done and im slacking behind. Anyway, did alot of work on the package we talked about and ill E-mail it to you soon, just going to add more to it if I can.

Bah, the coding is getting done quickly, yes, but there's a TON to go...

And, btw, no, I don't own a horse. I was using it as an expression. I forget that people can't discern tone of voice online :p

Gerikes said:
Bah, the coding is getting done quickly, yes, but there's a TON to go...

And, btw, no, I don't own a horse. I was using it as an expression. I forget that people can't discern tone of voice online :p

I was jealous for a second....:D

the100thballoon said:
lol :lol:

Great work, guys (or girls?)! I cant wait to see this thing in a beta form.

Well, theoretically, it is in what's labeled as "beta" form. Everything that is included for the most part works, it's just that much of the stuff isn't included. Maybe when it's all included we'll call it "gamma".

Ok, I finished code for Psionic Storm and Dark Swarm. Warning, the actual graphics are ("really " * 40) + "bad". They are temporary. Later on, they will be replaced by either better plot textures, or actual effects.

You might have also noticed the name of the thread has changed. I just wanted to get rid of any remaining usages of the trademark "Starcraft." You know, just incase :p

Civkid1991 said:
Are you going to release the code anytime soon?

Which code? All the SDK code comes in a seperate download which can be found at the same page where you find the download, if that is what you mean.

Edit: I've made a LOT of changes, and there's basically no documentation for any of the changes I've made, so if you want to know anything specifically you're best bet is to just ask and hope I remember what I did :p

New version, TONS of new stuff!

- Bunch of new building graphics! Check out a preview of the screenshot below :)goodjob: Killamike)

- Bunch of new special abilities (Including Plague, Parasite, Stasis Field, and more, see the changelog on the 4th post).
A unit that's been blinded by the Medic's "Optical Flare" is shown in the preview screenshot below.

Note that now all units use the "H" hotkey for their "Hold" mission, which will keep them on the plot, waiting until they see an enemy unit come within attack range. Also, units no longer "harvest" resources, they "gather". So, use the hotkey "G". Don't worry it's not that bad, I've already gotten used to it :p

The big problem with the abilities is I kinda forgot to put anything in the interface to show what affect is on what unit (you can't tell if any of your or your enemy units have parasite, plague, etc. on each unit). Eventually, I'm hoping that there will be small icons for each one (such as with the small icons for promotions). I'm gonna' fix that in the next release, hopefully a smaller one than this. I'm going to just write the text out in the info pane. The pane's gonna' get pretty large when there are multiple units all with affects on them, but it will get cleaned up later.

Attachments

• Terran Base.JPG
    Terran Base.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 2,756
  • Blinded Unit.JPG
    Blinded Unit.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 128
Some more abilities have hit the stores, I was even able to squeeze in time to make the Disruption web spell. Now, all abilities for units should be in the game, with the exception of:

Marine & Firebat Stim Pack (Everything works except an increase in amount of attacks per turn).
Yamato Cannon (Works fine except it needs to do explosive type damage, right now it's just doing normal type damage)
Templar Hallucination
Ghost Nukes
Medic Healing
Queen Infest Command Center

Next release should be 0.4, just in time for the half-way point of September, meaning I should be good for a 0.5 release October 1st.

This looks really neat, and I'm glad I saw it... Gonna have to check out that GerikSpells framework, as well :)

Quetz said:
This looks really neat, and I'm glad I saw it... Gonna have to check out that GerikSpells framework, as well :)

I've been concentrating on Civcraft, so my work on that has kind of died down a bit. Whenever I find that there's something in Civcraft that I need, though, that's related I try to port it back over. I'm still not sure how willing I am to start working on the AI portion of GerikSpells, though.

Not much changed, except I added some text keys, and I think it's passed enough tests to have a new major number. Oh yeah, new main menu too. I finally folded and decided Civcraft needed one, so unbelievely inept at art as I may be (thank god for Gimp text plugins and scripts) I was able to throw something together. I'm gonna' be honest, I worked on it for all of 20 minutes (during long compiles, mostly). But I'm pretty sure at this rate that Civcraft is gonna' need something a little more if we're going to want to start attracting a slew of beta testers to join us at the 0.5 release.

New version up. Implemented the new cooldown system. Everything's the same (looking), but the math behind it is all completely different, which allows me to easily do acid spores causing units to not be able to attack as often as they should.

This one was a pain in the arse, so I did it in a few sittings, which explain the 5-day time. The next few shouldn't be so hard. I'm still aiming for v0.5 by October 1.

You might also noticed that I got bored between compiles and started making some cheezy graphics for unit abilities. If I just do one per day....

Top Bottom