Tech Support Responsiveness?

I have to say that I found the technical staff to be very kind, but they didn't really seem to exude much competence. They just knew something was wrong and wanted as quickly and politely as possible to get me out of their hair.

Yeah, its a general problem with tech support ... maybe they get paid by numbers of issues they close out rather than solving the problems.

Hrm. If I have to call tech support and decipher an accent, I'd much rather listen though a British one than, say, someone from India...

Though, to be honest, hearing them tell me "brilliant" fifteen times without offering a resolution is more than a tad annoying.

Their level two tech support people are going to contact me in 24-48 hours. That's the lie they've been telling me since I first called them--the day I picked up my pre-ordered copy, which was, what... 26 October? Longest two days of my life! Heh.

I call them every three days after I send them more crash files. Still haven't heard back from this ficticious level two support department, and they claim you can't speak to them by phone (what're they, mutes? All of them? C'mon... first rule about lying: make it BELIEVABLE!).

I haven't called in a couple days (I've got the number in my cell phone, I've called them so often)--I'm about due, I suppose, but I'm not seeing a point in bothering anymore.

I mean, yeah, I could get on the phone, get all amped up and start demanding to speak to supervisors --and I WOULD do this if I thought for a nanosecond it would get me anywhere-- but I don't have the energy to go roundy-round with some yutz on the phone when it's obvious the only thing that'll resolve the issue is a programmer getting in there and making the thing work properly, not some college brat telling me to try downloading another frigging driver.

Or maybe I'm just getting mellow in my old age --non-confrontational, or something.

(Thinks of the putz I wised off to this morning in that friggin' SUV who decided to park in a fire lane in front of Starbucks)

Or maybe not...

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Top Bottom