Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
Hi,

since these are not always funny to post in each and every PBEMs one is playing in... and since some people don't see these posts, it is porbably better to have a dedicated thread for it.

I will start.

As most people in this period, I will be away, starting tomorrow until the 2nd of January of the new year.

Happy new year to all !

My availability may be sporadic during those days too. Hopefully getting a new computer on Friday and partying that night...

Sorry won't be able to play till Jan 6th (exams... :( ) Happy New Year everyone!! [party]

Okay folks my exams are still going strong so I will have limited ability to play my turns until Jan 25th. Please bear with me.

I regret to infrom you all that I will have to stop playing civ completely for some time :( It was finally confirmed that in February I am going abroad for a half of year to continue my studies... With all the arrangements that have to be done I am afraid I am not going to have free time to play civ for at least 2-3 months :( So I ask LouLong to try to find replacement for me in these games:

Alba - Muslims
Arcole - Britain
Cortez - Portugal
Edesse - Denmark
Seafaring2 - Scandinavia
Pinta - Iroquois

I will play my turns for a while until replacement is found for them but I can't promise to play them fast and regulary since my exams are not even over. I also will answer any questions about the situation in the game to anyone who will volunteer to replace me and will suply him/her with the password.

Sorry for the inconvienience.

Random fan said:
I regret to infrom you all that I will have to stop playing civ completely for some time :( It was finally confirmed that in February I am going abroad for a half of year to continue my studies... With all the arrangements that have to be done I am afraid I am not going to have free time to play civ for at least 2-3 months :( So I ask LouLong to try to find replacement for me in these games:

Alba - Muslims
Arcole - Britain
Cortez - Portugal
Edesse - Denmark
Seafaring2 - Scandinavia
Pinta - Iroquois

I will play my turns for a while until replacement is found for them but I can't promise to play them fast and regulary since my exams are not even over. I also will answer any questions about the situation in the game to anyone who will volunteer to replace me and will suply him/her with the password.

Sorry for the inconvienience.

I wouldn't mind filling in either Arcole, Edesse, or Seafaring2...and maybe Alba (What scenario is that?). Although Lou Long might want to look for other plaeyrs first... I could do one or two of them...

Just saw your post, Random Fan.

Wish you a good time. Where are you going ?

Try to play the Alba turn I just sent you so we don't get stuck.

@ BkGreatWarnut : no problem with me at all.
Alba is the Great Armada scenario PBEM.
Let me know which ones you are willing to take over before I post in the replacement needed thread.

I would take Arcole, Edesse and Alba too... No on seafaring though because I am already in enough epic style games...

BK

If your stuck, I'll try the other three...

Hi,

I am not actually leaving but I have had recent issues with my monitor. Since my finances are on the dry side at the moment, cannot really buy a new one. Hopefully it won't stop me completely but since it stops from time to time it might delay me somewhat.

Not so much a 'temporary leave' post, more of a ' I'm nearly back' post.

Following the collapse of my hard drive on Thursday, I have been without a computer until now.

I now have my computer back up and running (only just) but I'm not quite ready yet ... I now need to spend time downloading and installing the scenarios (TGW, WW2 Global, WW2 Europe & TOS) that are the basis for my PBEMs so it is still going to be a while yet before I can play and send all the turns that are waiting.

On the plus side, I have checked my email and, thanks to the fact I hadn't retreived any of the turns from the email prior to the hard drive quitting, they are all still there waiting for me so nobody needs to resend to me.

Please be patient ... I shall get things up and running as quickly as I can.

Hi,

I will be absent after lunch and until sunday (will probably come back in the afternoon). Regarding the contest, all questions must be sent to Akots in-between.

taking a temporary leave of absence (all games, all contests)

family tragedy

i will be able to play again in a few days (not sure how many)

sorry guys.

I will soon be losing my interne for a few days. I'll notify everyone that are effected about my return. I am getting Broadband, from having dial-up. The ISP sucks so I am leaving them.

I am moving to another town, so I will be unavailable for about a week, until I settle down and get internet connection. My appologies for delays.

I am having problems with my computer. In addition, my personal situation does not allow me to get it fixed right now. Besides this, I am was about to lose my cable internet and was going to have to switch to dial up which would be a PBEM nightmare. On top of that, right now I just do not have any spare time, my wife is about to have surgery. I do not wish to stall or delay games while I sort this out, so I freely give my permission to seek temporary replacements for me until everything is sorted out and I can resume playing my turns, right now I cannot accurately say how long that will be. If there is a difficulty finding temporary replacements, then I will agree to be permanently replaced, but I do ask that first an attempt is made to find a temporary replacement. Unfortunately, with the sudden computer problems I am unable to help with finding replacements. I am sending my passwords and in game agreements to rubberjello in the hopes he will not be too upset in helping out in this area. I should be able to occassionally access another machine and get online, so if there are any questions pm or email me, but be patient because I do not know when I will be able to respond. Thank you for your patience.

Alba
Conquest Small Map (CSM1)
Return to PBEM (how ironic)
Rise and Fall
Expansionist
BK's RAR1
Remus

anyone interested in serving as a replacement for me should prolly check in at the thread

I'm having family come over this weekend (late Friday through late Sunday) and I'll probably be too busy to play PBEMs. I'm in Kamikaze Contest (but not up against anyone), Cannae, and TCW PBEM.

Top Bottom