Term 4 - Ministry of Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padma asked me to see which cities were in danger of CF-ing. I also took the liberty of showing which cities had no culture rating. I rated the danger of flipping on this scale:
White: No danger
Green: Small danger
Yellow: Danger
Red: Imminent Danger

Red
Nocsfiedera

Yellow
Androbius, Morgana

Green
Grandmastoria
Serenity

White
Eklektochitlan
Plexenburg
Dacula
Kells
Hakodate
Ise
New PDX
Cuernavca
Pensacola
Civanatoria

*Note: These are only cities that have no culture in them.

Also, mayors and governors: I cannot stress the importance of culture in this game. In order to suceed, we must have culture in our cities. To all governors of provinces with endangered cities: Please make culture in the endangered cities top priority, as if we don't get culture in them now, they risk being lost and we might never be able to build anything in them.

Naervod
Culture Deputy

That's not an accurate picture in my opinion, as some cities, like Morgana, are well within national borders, and may be close to the capital. There is a culture flipping algorithm in place. Generally, cities from other nations have the greatest risk of flipping if they had greater culture, and are closer to their capital.

Morgana was a hard one for me to decide, but I put it that way due to the fact that Miami has large cultural borders that border with Morgana, which has no culture. I am considering changing it to Green, but am not sure yet.

Plexus's Culture Flipping Assesment-460AD
Yea... I was bored.

Key:
Red- High Risk
Orange- Moderate-High Risk
Yellow- Moderate-Low Risk
Green- Low Risk
Blue- No Risk

Red
Kyoto

Orange
Nocsfiedera, Androbius

Yellow
Morgana

Green
Grandmastoria
Serenity

Blue
Eklektochitlan
Plexenburg
Dacula
Kells
Hakodate
Ise
New PDX
Cuernavca
Pensacola
Civanatoria

Looking for a chat rep, Padma?

Suggested build queue amendments- 460AD: (Military permitting)

1. Change Kyoto build to a library.
2. If possible, rush Kyoto library.

Kyoto is high risk for culture flipping, it's a long way away from home...

I think culture buildings should be built in Red and Yellow according to my key or Red and Orange according to Plexuses key. As for the chat rep thing: I will be able to make most of the rest of the TC's so I don't think we need a chat rep, but it is up to Padma.

Excellent work, both naervod and Plexus! :goodjob:

I agree with the assessment, and that we must get Culture into our Red and Yellow/Orange cities ASAP. Indeed, I am all for rushing a Library in Kyoto. It was the heart of the Japanese Empire for so long that it will be some time before we "out-culture" them there!

As to the chat-rep: naervod says he can make most of the remaining chats. My attendance is spotty, between work and family things. Hmm, it never hurts to have a third department member, just to back the other two up. Let me sleep on it. :D

I would like Culture to note the graphic I made of current cultural posistions of each nation. You'll notice that Babylon is the largest, and that might be of some concern in terms of culture victory (or in this case, our defeat). Perhaps we can urge the Military Department to discuss possible war plans. Greece is another culture power, and should be watched.

BTW, we have 2080 culture, and 22 culture "points". To figure out the approximate culture (yes, I know about Apollo, but I see that as more of a cheat now...), just plug in this simple formula:

22/2080 = #/X

Where, # is the culture number of the civ you want to estimate the total culture of. I.e., for Babylon, it's 111.

22/2080 = 111/X

Cross multiply:

22X = 230880
X = 10,494.54545454 (or 10,494.6)

Plexus's Culture Flipping Assesment-510AD

Key:
Red- High Risk
Orange- Moderate-High Risk
Yellow- Moderate-Low Risk
Green- Low Risk
Blue- No Risk
NFN- Not for long (status likely will change in the next turn chat)

Red
none :goodjob:

Orange
Nocsfiedera
Dapperdan
Tokyo

Yellow
Morgana(NFN)

Green
Grandmastoria (NFN)
Serenity (NFN)
Trader's Inn (NFN)
Leningrado

Blue
All other cities

Padma, with the addition of your Deputy and Chat Rep, the Culture Dept. has blossomed. Excellent work, especially with the new CFW (Culture Flip Warning) System. A Gold Star for the Domestic Department. :goodjob:

Thanks, Cyc! :D

All the kudos really go to naervod and Plexus, and also of course to those others without an official position who toss in things to help out (e.g. Chieftess). These folks get my heartfelt praise for doing the things I haven't had time to do as the game gets more complex, and my RL gets more hectic.

Yay! Our acronyms are starting again! :D

CFW

Although, I would think Tokyo should be slightly higher, since we just captured it.

Good point, I was factoring in that we might capture Nara next turn and all Japanese cities are pretty far away from Tokyo. But still, I agree that it should be changed.

Tokyo has been set to an Orange rating due to further assesment.

@Gunning- You actually the city named after you to be warned? lol

Seriously though, Gunningheim has the neccessary culture to keep it from flipping, it may even cause Denver or Satsuma to flip to us. :D

An explanation why 'NFN' is 'NFN'- Well, I didn't want to confuse it with the National Footbal League... (NFL). So, I uh... used "N". :)

[edit]But then I guess you could confuse it with New Falcon's Nest... I'll work on it. :)[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom