Term 6 - Debate thread for ministry positions

Ankka

Deity
Yeah, post here if you're running for a minister spot and other people can ask questions from those people.

Remember though: No trolling or flaming. I'll be ready to contact Rik if needed. :hammer:

;)

I'm running for Foreign Affairs.

How I run the Foreign Ministry:

1) Let ambassadors do the talking. It's their job, let them do it. I will join, if an ambassador asks or I feel my pressence is an absolute must.

2) I will usually give an order to the ambassador who will engage in a chat. For example, make sure not to mention our military build up or emphasis that another team isn't trustworthy several times throughout the chat (get the info stuck in their heads).

3) I am willing to organize chats to the other teams. Sometimes ambassadors like to hold their own little chats, which is fine as long as they don't give out classified information. They run into somone on the other team and decide to have a chat. No big deal.

4) I am willing to advise the entire team on Foriegn Affairs (get heavily involved in Foreign Affairs issues).

5) I was thinking of the idea of having a chat log thread (for organizational purposes). We could easily view past chats with a team and examine their behavior in them. I don't know how this idea will fair at all, but I'll run it across you people to see what you think.

My fellow Fanatics,
It is my pleasure to once again run for the office of Ambassador to C3B. While our current ambassador is a good, honorable, and noble representative of our fair state I believe it is time for a change. C3B has grown far to comfortable in there dealings with us and we should seek to stimulate our negotiations with them.

As ambassador I would

1.) Push our objectives and goals. I would negotiate with our interests at heart, compromising when mandated to do so.

2.) Follow the direction of the FA minister. As some would surmise I can be a cruel and heartless bastard. I can also pretend to be a kind friend of C3B, or an errant fool spreading disinformation and the like. In short I can be anyone our FA would care for me to present myself as.

3.) Be a steadfast guardian of information. I take information security seriously. I would vow never to divulge any classified information C3B could use to there benefit.

I only ask for the opportunity to serve.

@Zarn: Will you be active? That is major concern. Last time you were CoFA, there was very-very little activity on your part, essentially none. Being in this position requires certain committment to the office.

Fellow Mayan Fanaticans, Jaguars, Panthers and Pussycats

I may be this revered nations Enfant Terrible, but I am your warchild, your prodigal son and your tenacious Panther to lead the Province of Tikal through these difficult times. My primary objective in this roles, is to recognize this provinces role in the grander picture, and assure we meet the needed production
quotas for the City of God plan and our defense plan at the most expedient manner possible.

I can summarize my vision for turn 125-150 in the following manner, recognizing the binding City of God Poll and our intention to beat Brazuca.

Turn 125-130 Fulfill production targets, optimize tile management and tile improvent in order to meet production targets for invasion plan.
Ryttyla and Savannah producing Galleys, Fanatazuma producing Catapult.
Khazad Dûm (at this stage temple and city walls) to produce barracks.
Kamina (at this stage harbor) to produce barrack.

Turn 130-140 Gear production/tile management to build defense units and defense city improvements. This period will see the last generation of ancient infantry produced.

Fanatazuma, 15 shields p t: 5 swordsmen produced every 2nd turn
Ryttyla and Savanna 10 shields p t: 10 Spearmen produced for KD total
Kamina: 2 Catapults
KD: 3 spearmen

Turn 140-150 Forbidden Palace, Golden Age due to landing and increase production, coupled with acquiring Feudalism, allows us to mass produce a medieval follow up army to go northwards through DMZ (medieval infantry and pikemen, later knights).

Fanatazuma will at this time be capable of running out 15 shields per turn, or a new pikeman every 2nd turn, or a medieval infantry at every 3 turn, adding in scientists or taxmen on occasions.

Ryttyla and Savanna, at 10 shields per turn, will pour out a pikeman every 3 turn, or a medieval infantry every 4 turn.

Kamina and Khazad Dum, both with city walls and barracks, KD with temple as well, will at this time be producing about 8 shields per turn, producing 2 medieval infantry in the 10 turn period, accelerating to horsemen if absolutely needed last minute.

Turn 140-150 represents a full medieval army production of about 440 shields.
This can be broken down to:

8 PikemenX30shields (240)
5 Medieval InfantryX40Shields (200)

*Given advance warning on Immortal Advance.

I will also add some mines in 2 mountain and 3 hill tiles, as well as 2-3 plains tiles and one grassland tile.

I am certain these will hold the line in Term VI, during the immortal onslaught.

5 Medieval Infantry
5 Swordsmen
8 Pikemen
13 spearmen
2 catapults

Note: Golden Age and Forbidden Palace are not counted in, but may add 20 % to the above mentioned force in production ratio.

add 4 Ancient Cavalry and horsemen from Equestria for cavalry support.

akots said:
@Zarn: Will you be active? That is major concern. Last time you were CoFA, there was very-very little activity on your part, essentially none. Being in this position requires certain committment to the office.
There wasn't so much to do, and yes I did do somethings.

I wouldn't worry about my activity. As long as the forum is active and the turns are played, I am active.

@Provolution: Unfortunately...until either GA or aqueduct, Savanah can not get to 10spt, even with a mine on the hill...

EMP FOR AMBASSADOR!

I have served Fanatica faithfully for over 100 turn. I have been able to secrue an alliance with C3B and many trades. However, this may not be as important as it was last few terms. This is where my intellegence gathering comes in. As shown in this thread I am very good at it. But if you look around my intellegence shows everywhere. Look for this term's intelligance report soon also.

In addition I am easy to get ahold of. I am at my computer 7-9 hours a day. Buring this I am always on my AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo messanger, therefore allowing C3B and others to contact me on a moment's notice.

VOTE EMP!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me :)

Emp: you weren't able to get our warrior moving in their lands nor were you able to rescue the alliance after Joker's doings were found out.

What have you to say here? What would you have done differently looking back now?

Ankka said:
Emp: you weren't able to get our warrior moving in their lands nor were you able to rescue the alliance after Joker's doings were found out.

What have you to say here? What would you have done differently looking back now?

Well, I did try to get our warrior in their lands, but thier people were so upset about the joker thing, it was not going to happen. But I did try, and I have determined that we either must wait about 25 turns for things to cool down, or suck up to them if we want him in there.

I am sure I could have rescued the alliance, but not as ambassador. I was told not to get the full alliance going, since most people were against it. Also, it would be a big operation that I do not have the athority as ambassador to do. If we really wanted to renew the alliance, we would have to make trades, let them in our lands more often, and that kind of stuff. Since I only present the plans, I can not make these trades happen. If I was CoFA it would be differnt, but I'm not.

As CoMA I will build a fleet and army to assault C3B. I believe that our best chance of making the finals lies in using what we have to attack our closest neighbor before they can recover from their penalty. I also believe that they plan to strike us with a sea assault, since they realize that we will not be coming to them (i.e. we have not built cities towards our border of the DMZ). This would cause them to have to travel some 10 squares through uninhabited territory (something that a large army will not want to do against horses).

Thus, my intentions are to build a fleet of galleys for both offensive and defensive purposes. I will also keep horsemen 'spies' in our region north of Khazad Dum to look for any invasion coming along that west coast.

The City of God invasion (which is currently being modified to get the nuts and bolts straightened out) is the main strike plan. The timing is off (or the actual strike force numbers), but the general ideas are fairly sound.

In addition, we will build an army of horsemen to try to lure the C3B army south so that our forces sailing along the coast will not have to encounter that army until it is too late for C3B to use it effectively.

I will need an Ambassador to C3B who can get their focus on the WEST COAST. This will be a tricky job. It must be subtle, yet effective. We must protest their galleys being there, but not necessarily insist that they leave. If they send a fleet south before the penalty time is up, however, we must wait a turn or two and then go to the UN and insist that our treaty makes that a violation of the penalty (as they would not be allowed to send units into our territory...if it works one way, it works both ways, so if they want to throw it in our faces, let's throw it back into theirs).

If Emperor Napoleon's Intel is correct and their likely invasion time is 160, then we are probably in luck (we can probably leave by 135 or 140).

I will need close cooperation with all governors and the CoIA and am very good at being nice and working with most personalities. I have CFIDS, but can still devote quite a bit of time to this project (as can be seen in my recent work).

Top Bottom