Thank for Siam Civilization

I am Spanish myself and I have no qualms of Siam being on this game instead, for it was one of the biggest, more cultured Empires of its time and region along with the Khmer. Now, the thing that mightily pisses me off is the presence of the Iroquois, which could barely be called a civ and was put mainly so the Americans can play "American natives vs cowboys" on the game :/

No need to trash the Haudenosaunee. It is rather ignorant in my opinion to trash another culture that you obviously know little about.

The game is not a popularity contest or a measure of a nation's self worth. Spain will be in the game. Very, very likely in the first expansion. No need to worry.

The Haudenosaunee are a quite remarkable people and are fully deserving to be included in the game.

Pom sabaii dee krab (means I am fine)

I hope you will have a great time.

Dee mak mak. Khob khun krab. 555+

It's going to be fun. I have been to Thailand three times already and I love it there.

Especially if I can get my gf addicted to ciV. :D

Siam is nice if only because it's something new to civ. And new to many of us "westerners". I am too sad about Mongolia but I bet it will get included into future adons. There are many historical civilizations that deserve to be included, it's up to devs to choose from them. And the criteria is not only how advanced or how badass they were, there's also "new", "interesting", "representative" and "whatnot". This is a game about alternate history and what ifs. Judging only by how influential/famous the civ was in real history is kinda narrow view (talking to you, all Iroquois haters here ;P ). It is important criteria, (i.e. I am not suggesting that Samogitians can be in, too) but its not the only criteria.

You know, I must admit I was kind of angry at first when I learned that empires like Siam and the Iroquois were in the game while civilizations like the Mongols and Spanish were left out, but this sounds rather interesting. Perhaps it'll be a good chance to learn about some interesting new cultures. I never used Spain or Mongolia, anyway.

I agree. While it is nice to see old favorites, I'm looking forward to learning about Siam and the people of South-East Asia in game, since it is a region so often overlooked in the United States, nowadays (excluding Vietnam, of course). That said, I don't like the idea of having the Native Americans as a major civilization because I feel as if realistically they would have never done such a thing. The Aztecs and other Meso-American civilizations are different to me, though, because they did build large settlements, and I feel as if they could have developed into modern nations eventually without the interference of Europe. But back on topic, I'm glad to see South East Asia represented in game and I really hope that Siam gets its own architectural style: from what I've seen, Thai architecture looks NOTHING like that of China or Japan, and to give Siam that style of architecture would be do severe injustice to that civilization's history.

Top Bottom