Thank you Civ5 for curing my civ addiction !

volcano_head

Chieftain
Ever since civ1 I have had a struggle with how much time I would like to dedicate to civ games when they are important RL things to do. Sometimes ended up working all night because I spent too long playing civ. Often had arguments with my wife about how long I spent on the computer. I was sure that with civ5 I would be destined to another 3-4 years of time juggling, and thinking up new ways to win...

But no! I have played the game for 40 hours and I am totally immune to it! It's great, I can finally have my life back. Thanks Jon, and all the design team at firaxis for making cov boring enough that I no longer need to play it.

This year is great ! My productivity is sky high ! With CIV V Im no longer adicted to this game! Great game, great ideas, and no adiction :goodjob: I dont want/need to play it anymore! IM FREEEEEEEE ! This CIV V is just a silly web game now, no more adiction!. (is a web game isnt it?, like the farm and such??)

Whining has gotten more creative than ever..

More creative than the design principles behind ciV. :lol:

Call it a coping mechanism. I'd rather laugh than cry to be honest. The withdrawal pains from 19 years of Civ have to be dealt with somehow.

Same. I am usually on my PC most nights. I'm a civ addict through and through.

But yeah, I've recently spend time with the family, and have done some overtime at work this last week.

Civ addiction seems absent from this new iteration. Frankly, i'm sick of playing against a ******ed AI, that despite being completely ******ed and irrational, plays by completely different rules than the human player.

Thank you Civ5.
I am quite enjoying all the extra hard drive space I freed up for the game, then when I discovered that it was the American Idol of the gaming community, I promptly uninstalled and have plenty of space for other programs.

And I, also, have experienced a marked increase in productivity, as Civ5 is as about enjoyable as crashing your motorbike into a tree.:lol:

Didn't work for me :( still hopelessly addicted to Civ...
Even Civ 5 as released can keep me playing One More Turn.
When it's finished, I have no chance of escape, ever.

But yeah, I've recently spent time with the family...

Now we're talkin'.

Good to hear that some of you have a life.

No need to wait for a magical patch. This game is beyond repair.

You'll get more value out of your time carving a turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada.

Didn't work for me :( still hopelessly addicted to Civ...
Even Civ 5 as released can keep me playing One More Turn.
When it's finished, I have no chance of escape, ever.

Relax bro, direction is already set. Just wait for Civ6.

Definitely! I am holding back myself from reinstalling Civ4 because I know very well that it will make me addicted to it again, unlike Civ5.

logged in after a looooong time specifically to say, i am really disappointed.
while the ideas arent that bad, the game doesnt function well and becomes truly boring after an hour or two. completely dysfunctional. thanks sid! i need some time to do real work :D

Yes but the whole process is a three step phase, each step following next expansion is more potent than the last. After step 3 you may never touch another turn-based strategy game in your life. Even checkers will make you cringe!

i've been thinking about uninstalling for a while, basically because we're not going to get an upgrade for at least a year, and a significant upgrade (to add in religion, diplomacy, etc.) more than a year.

all we'll get until 2012 is AI bug patches.

but let's not get too angry with the developers. they want to make money sure, but they also want to bring out a great game and make us happy. when the initial sales level out, i think it would be good if they made a statement that V is a new platform and that they're going to blow us away with upgrades over the next couple of years. the core is still better than 4, the hexes the combat, the culture logic. they can give us all our toys back and new ones too i'm sure they can.

Fine whine indeed. Sadness strikes twice when one realises that there is truth in it :(

Any game that has the word "boredom" mentioned in a discussion about said game is in dire straits.

No worries, civ5 has started mine like never before.

Good luck mate! :D

I thought I was cured, brothers and sisters. But now I'm trawling through the xml files and thinking about modding. It seems nothing can save me.

Top Bottom