That's a nice city name, Attilla.

WechyPichu

Chieftain
I decided to play the Gods and Kings demo, and atilla decided to name is city something VERY intresting.

Txt_key_city_name_st_johns

The city name is in all caps, but I guess the forums have all caps protection of some sort.

Txt_key_city_name_st_johns

The city name is in all caps, but I guess the forums have all caps protection of some sort.

:lol: Thanks!

I remember that TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME thing happened on some cities on the R.E.D. WWII mods maybe like 2 summers ago.

Here's a little background info on St. John's.

Around the 14th century, British conquistadors ventured onto the lands in what would becme St. John's. The Algonquins who died honourably yelled something along the lines, "Txey-sidynay-me San-Jons". The British conquistadors translated this to "Text key city name St. John's" and made it their home in the new world until one day, Attilla the Hun conquered Text key city name St. John's and renamed it to "TEXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ST_JOHNS"

Around the 14th century, British conquistadors ventured onto the lands in what would becme St. John's. The Algonquins who died honourably yelled something along the lines, "Txey-sidynay-me San-Jons". The British conquistadors translated this to "Text key city name St. John's" and made it their home in the new world until one day, Attilla the Hun conquered Text key city name St. John's and renamed it to "TEXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ST_JOHNS"

Soooooo making that my signature.

the 'text_key' thing happens when you uncheck DLC options in the main menu, but somehow opens a save file with that DLC in it. Since you own that DLC but not enabled it, the game still loads and display such text related to that DLC.

the 'text_key' thing happens when you uncheck DLC options in the main menu, but somehow opens a save file with that DLC in it. Since you own that DLC but not enabled it, the game still loads and display such text related to that DLC.

let me complete the answer: it's because the game didn't load the localization file in the disabled DLC, the game will show this TXT_KEY stuff.
this could also happen if there's no localization entry to begin with. for example, modding in a new civilization, and forgetting to make text entry for each city.

I really wish every AI Civ would sometimes change the name of captured cities. It would add a personal touch, like the Civ Leader is saying "This is MY city now! And I`m gonna rename it to make it mine! hahaaa!"

Happened a lot in real life to suit some Leader egos.

British Conquistadors:run: :old: Don't be afraid. There is no such thing as a British Conquistador

Top Bottom