The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Thread

We can't, the only two SA teams left will, if they win, meet in semi-final.

Thanks for spotting the typo. :shifty:

@Snerk ain't you gonna bet? I need your opinion on Sweden.

Thanks for keeping track of everything @Sofista ! I believe I should have six points
instead of seven though. Missed both Russia and Brazil's wins in the last round.

Uruguay - France
Brazil - Belgium
Croatia - Russia
England - Sweden

Uruguay - France
Uruguay: 3 - France: 12
Brazil - Belgium
Brazil: 5 - Belgium: 10
Croatia - Russia
Croatia: 12 - Russia: 3
England - Sweden
England: 12 - Sweden: 3

With Brazil I'm really hedging it: if they lose then the insufferable Neymar is out (I think it's time to start posting Cantona's videos); if they win we might get an all-South American semifinal in… how long again?
We used to have a "Rivaldo Award" thread for the best actor/cheater of the tournament. Since Neymar the winner is known before the tournament so why bother?

Thanks for keeping track of everything @Sofista ! I believe I should have six points
instead of seven though. Missed both Russia and Brazil's wins in the last round.

Uruguay - France
Brazil - Belgium
Croatia - Russia
England
- Sweden

Whoops! Transcription mixup by me, thank you for pointing out. :)

@Snerk ain't you gonna bet? I need your opinion on Sweden.

Here we go:

Uruguay - France (because Mbappe)
Brazil - Belgium (because Neymar, they should use Firmino instead)
Croatia - Russia (both teams have been lucky, Russia will be the luckiest)
England - Sweden (England has the better team, plain and simple)

And France is still in. They convincingly dominated the game, but overall neither side had a lot of scoring chances - which makes me think that saying Cavani's "understudies" were cringe-worthy might be excessive. Anything they did was horrid to the eye, but they just did so little, so... Anyway, a really good France, Mbappé mor epractical than flashy but hey,, it did the job.

Amusing moments from the game:
- Lloris eating a bug. A dragonfly, possibly radioactive, which could have given him at least temporary superpowers. He literally flew in the one occasion he was seriously tested, but it's not enough material to judge on.
- Mbappé perhaps doesn't know yet if he wants to be the next Leo or the next Cristiano. In doubt, once he was down, he showed he's ready to be the next Neymar.
- Oh Ledesma, a World Cup game is one of the worst possible conceivable circumstances to practice your Mr. Bean impersonation...

Very solid performance from France...Uruguay as I feared, suffered from the absence of Cavani, and could barely generate clear chances on goal...Brazil and Belgium should be interesting...

Mertens starting on the bench. I like that, keeps him fresh for when we need extra speed. Carasco is out and Fellaini is in. Not a great surprise after the match against Japan.
Which means we have two afro haircuts on the field :egypt:

1-0 for Belgium against Brazil

:thumbsup:

2-0 for Belgium
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ah yeah. Beautiful football. Our central backfielder making a goal (with help from Brazil), Lukaku playing defense, 2 meters or Courtois stopping some Brazilian action.
My heart..

Yeah. First 45 minutes beautiful football.
Second half Brazil controles the game and Lukaku as well.
With 2-1 the hope is back for Brazil. Belgium under siege.
Keep my fingers crossed for Belgium

We won

No Meunier in the next round but after more than 30 years we are in a semifinal!

Top Bottom