The 2024 US Presidential Election

Which party, though?

You might want to keep your party's advantage here. The poll you cited suggests that they cheat at a higher rate.

But let's, for the sake of argument, posit that "similar" means "exactly equivalent." Then the fraud is offsetting.

Two wars have broken out on Joe Biden's watch.

What is he going to do to fix that ?

It seems to me that sticking to the existing line is unlikely to resolve either of them.

The Donald might try to broker a deal.

I doubt that he would be much good at that, but would trying be so bad ?

I get the feeling that unless Joe Biden can wake up and come up with something,
the Donald looks like being the winner.

He started neither and why is he the guy responsible for ending them?

He absolutely will broker deals if he's elected. One deal will give all of Ukraine to Russia. The other will encourage Israel to perpetrate even more violence against the Gazans.

Additionally, during the campaign he will promise to broker deals that will be way better than what Biden has managed to do (but he can't share the details because it will compromise his negotiating ability).

He may gain some voters through that second strategy, though most of the people who just believe Trump will magically transform things through the sheer force of his own personal greatness are Trump voters already.

@Gori the Grey you forgot to mention that he will likely fail at ending either.

Oh, I take it as axiomatic that Trump will fail at anything he tries.

Except escaping responsibility for his misdeeds.

I didn't say he started them; but he didn't prevent them,
and seems to share in the perpetual war philosophy.

Is the USA the leader of the West or not?

If it is we might hope for a viable plan.

One deal will give all of Ukraine to Russia.

That is just your projection.

I cannot see anything in the crystal ball.

I didn't say he started them; but he didn't prevent them,
and seems to share in the perpetual war philosophy.

Is the USA the leader of the West or not?

If it is we might hope for a viable plan.
Why would Biden have any actual control over Putin or Hamas or Netanyahu? You seem to blaming him for 70 years of Israeli history and an inability to control Putin. In addition, please keep in mind that he is not an authoritarian leader and has to work with a GOP that wants him to fail.

Last edited:
@ Gori the Grey

OK, I understand "your" is plural.

@ Birdjaguar

Joe Biden (as POTUS) supposedly controls the arms supply to Benjamin Netanyahu.

Do you remember the WW2 difference between a fanatic Nazi and moderate Nazi.

A moderate Nazi is the one that has run out of ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:
So your beef with Biden is that he didn't immediately stop sending arms to Israel. That is different from "starting two wars or not stopping either war." Do you know if stopping arms sent to Israel at some point would have stopped the war? Would Netanyahu withdraw his troops if Biden did so? If you are strongly anti Israel in this situation, the real bad guy is Netanyahu not Biden. Netanyahu wants this war and he probably needs it to survive politically. In any case that topic has its own thread which is likely to be re-opened tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems to me that sticking to the existing line is unlikely to resolve either of them.

I doubt that he would be much good at that, but would trying be so bad ?

I get the feeling that unless Joe Biden can wake up and come up with something,
the Donald looks like being the winner.

Trump would support a full ethnic cleansing in both cases.

So your beef with Biden is that he didn't immediately stop sending arms to Israel. That is different from "starting two wars or not stopping either war." Do you know if stopping arms sent to Israel at some point would have stopped the war? Would Netanyahu withdraw his troops if Biden did so? If you are strongly anti Israel in this situation, the real bad guy is Netanyahu not Biden. Netanyahu wants this war and he probably needs it to survive politically. In any case that topic has its own thread which is likely to be re-opened tomorrow.

I don't have a beef with Joe Biden. Not that it matters as I don't have a vote regarding your POTUS.
Joe Biden simply does not seem to have a very effective foreign policy. And I am not really anti-Israel.

What I do note is that many opinion polls favour Trump.

I wonder what the explanation for that is ?

I don't have a beef with Joe Biden. Not that it matters as I don't have a vote regarding your POTUS.
Joe Biden simply does not seem to have a very effective foreign policy. And I am not really anti-Israel.

There is a certain chauvinism in imagining everyone’s actions are predetermined by American presidents.

Well I suppose you might be right, the people polling towards Donald Trump also believing in the inherent power of the POTUS etc.

And others believe Biden has the best foreign policy since GHW Bush. And it would have been even better, had Republicans not worked to sabotage it.

So we can blame Trump for not preventing COVID?

To a certain extent yes, The Trump failed to reduce its spread within the USA. And I understand
that his indifferent response to Covid was one of the reasons Joe Biden won the last POTUS election.
But the thing is the two wars are ongoing, while Covid is no longer a novel vaccine less virus.

Trump cut a deal with the Taliban. How did that work out?

It got the USA (and the UK too) out of a rather pointless war
that continued ten years after Osama Bin Laden' death;
costing unecessary lives, money and material etc etc.

This is the only political post I'm going to make, since it is pointless to attempt to talk to multiple people that are very dedicated to their beliefs. People really need to diversify their sources and do some research into what happened in Ukraine to prompt the invasion (which I don't believe to be justified but there are "official" and Russian media reasons, actual reasons, and what the West and Western media says are their reasons).

This is the only political post I'm going to make, since it is pointless to attempt to talk to multiple people that are very dedicated to their beliefs. People really need to diversify their sources and do some research into what happened in Ukraine to prompt the invasion (which I don't believe to be justified but there are "official" and Russian media reasons, actual reasons, and what the West and Western media says are their reasons).
The mistake you're making is assuming people haven't done that, or that they haven't done a good enough job.

This isn't the case. Which means you disagree with the conclusions presented, but are at the same time trying to wing this as a drive-by. People are pretty used to that here, and I figure you should know that given your join date 😅

Top Bottom