Votes: 12 18.8%
  • small town

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • rural

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

gr8ful wes

Deity
I am just curious. Where do folks live, cities, countryside, suburbia, small towns rural areas(farms/forests)or the Boondocks(on a dirt road.) Seems like most folks are urban or suburban from previous posts.

Small town, but close to London. Will eventually be moving to London, so then urban. Have been all four options and liked three of them. Disliked suburbs.

I guess I shoud reply to my own poll, huh
I live in the boonies, grew up in a rural area, tried cities, despise the burbs, settled in the woods. clean livin'

Well, I live in a city, but quite a small one by international standards. The population is only 80-90.000 and it is acqually one of the 10 largest in Sweden.

Also, you should have made a distinction between an American suburb and a European one. When europeans talk about suburbs, they usually mean areas with huge concrete buildings, and with relatively poor people living in them. Whereas the typical american suburb is a quiet residential area, just like the one Jimcat showed us. Just a thought that occured to me.

I live in a city. But you have to take into account that European cities are (usually) different from North American cities. While in American cities the poor people usually live quite alot inside the city and the more wealthy ones in the suburbs it is almost vice versa in Europe. The poor live in the suburbs that have been added to the cities in the last centuries.
So I live in a middle-class quarter of the city.

Rual unincorperated.

I voted small town because of it's proximity to Minneapolis, which is farther away than most typical suburbs...but our town is rapidly growing into what very well could be a suburban area.

I suppose my answer would have to be "city," but it's a stretch to call a place with a population of 36,000 a "city." It's paired with another town, Champaign, Illinois, with about 64,000 people... so the whole "urban" area has a population of a little over 100,000. I guess the two towns together could qualify as a city.

The whole place has more of a "suburb" feel, but you can't call it that because this is the largest urban area for sixty miles in any direction!

On the downtown periphery, 15 minutes walk from the CN tower in an area of Toronto that claims to be "the new downtown." Lots of low-rise 3-15 story condos, etc.

Wishing I was back in my last residence, on the top floor of a 30 story place on Yonge from which I could look across the lake to the States, or look down on all you peons, depending on my mood ;)

I live in a small town (43000 citizens) 20 km's southeast of Rotterdam. Because we don't feel connected with R'dam I didn't vote the suburb option.

I live about a mile away from the middle of Tallahassee, population 150,000, so urban is the best choice.

Although not nearly as urban as Hoya's. Here if you drive for 10 miles you hit farm country. 14 miles and you hit Georgia :eek:

Top Bottom