The Brit awards and fashion

know/heard 6/11 . As the radio plays in the background as a filler . Though can't identify any if the announcer remains silent . David Guetta though is a long time celebrity and stuff , anyone must have heard his music without noticing .

Not my kind of music but..Oasis did (unless that was your obvious exception).
Yes, they seem to be the only ones. I liked a couple of songs by others, none by Oasis. Suede has 2 nice songs, but was doomed from the start due to the personality of the people in the group :)
But britpop was (duh ^^ ) highly british, and tended to be trashy/self-reverence ost.

Moderator Action: We have a music thread; this one is fashion. Please don't go down that path here.

am amazed at the display of innocence in this thread . First the fur talk and now this . Family friendly forum , without any doubt . Considering am the 50 year old virgin and stuff . Obviously it's Mickey the Mouse busy with not Minnie the Mouse . Woke days , keep remembering that .

(no intelligence services were used as advisories in the making of this post)

British celebrities wear weird things. So what?

It's not nearly as weird as the furniture British women wear on their heads during royal weddings.

Ugh, that thing Prince Andrew's daughter wore to William and Kate's wedding... :cringe: It looked like a beige toilet seat with a bow wrapped around it. Somehow we were supposed to think of it as a "hat".

I wonder if Camilla will tone down her gigantic hats, now that she's the Queen Consort? I remember a couple of them that looked like giant birds' nests.

Ugh, that thing Prince Andrew's daughter wore to William and Kate's wedding... :cringe: It looked like a beige toilet seat with a bow wrapped around it. Somehow we were supposed to think of it as a "hat".

I wonder if Camilla will tone down her gigantic hats, now that she's the Queen Consort? I remember a couple of them that looked like giant birds' nests.

If you cut out royal events milliners would be totally dependent on weddings and Ascot for work. Think of the hatmakers please!

I don't care if they wear hats. I grew up in a time when women here were expected to wear either hats or kerchiefs when they went out in public, and preferably dresses as well (though I finally convinced my grandmother to shut up about it when I went to school and let me wear pants).

I do care if they wear stupid-looking hats. The Queen's hats were simple and elegant - mostly the same basic style, color-coordinated with the rest of her outfit. It's a lesson the rest of them need to learn.

I don't care if they wear hats. I grew up in a time when women here were expected to wear either hats or kerchiefs when they went out in public, and preferably dresses as well (though I finally convinced my grandmother to shut up about it when I went to school and let me wear pants).

I do care if they wear stupid-looking hats. The Queen's hats were simple and elegant - mostly the same basic style, color-coordinated with the rest of her outfit. It's a lesson the rest of them need to learn.

Given that the purpose of wearing stupid-looking hats is to get people to talk about them, I would say that the lesson they're going to learn is that stupid-looking hats work....

Given that the purpose of wearing stupid-looking hats is to get people to talk about them, I would say that the lesson they're going to learn is that stupid-looking hats work....

But if they get relentlessly mocked, where's the benefit?

But if they get relentlessly mocked, where's the benefit?

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. It's better to appear silly than to not appear at all. Which is what a boring but "decent looking" hat would result in for these people.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. It's better to appear silly than to not appear at all. Which is what a boring but "decent looking" hat would result in for these people.
It's all in vain, though. Ok, you can be remembered for wearing a clown costume, but this will too be forgotten the moment something serious has to take its place in immediate memory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom