The CDG1

At least I can say that I brought action into a sleepy game, that was decided at some desk in an Ottoman Embassy.

Thanks guys for playing! :salute:

Yes, most of the action came definitely from you! :goodjob: And I must say, you made me sweat like hell... The early gallic swordsmen attack accounted for some of the most horrible moments in my PBEM career... Don't want to go through something like that again...

However, about the "Ottoman desk" I'm not so sure. We were a union of 3 free countries. If there is something that I find remarkable, it's the fact that all three stayed true to the alliance right to the end and forwent their own ambitions for the benefit of the "common cause".

Not much to do. The Sultan enjoys a day on the beach...
GPS to Tom, 230e

PS: 50% of the world's population is under Ottoman rule now :D

However, about the "Ottoman desk" I'm not so sure. We were a union of 3 free countries. If there is something that I find remarkable, it's the fact that all three stayed true to the alliance right to the end and forwent their own ambitions for the benefit of the "common cause".

Yep. An alliance of the smaller nations; we had no hope other than to work together. Great that we stayed allied throughout the remainder of the game. Anyway, here's a picture just beamed back:

The Ottomans have the window seats as requested. Sumarians are in 1st class. The Chinese, well, we're in the suites. Mayan scientists, artisans, teachers, athletes, musicians and jesters have been recruited to serve the drinks.

I've sent the save onto Cyc, so Hawklord can also get to see the Sumarian spaceship fly.

Thanks for the game folks. The action was squeezed into short periods. The Celtic attack on Ottomania was almost a roaring success but Chinese riders and Sumerian knights were able to assist the Ottomans in their time of need and maybe just swung the balance towards the Ottomans. We can hold our heads high, as in times when we had the firepower to easily conquer the world, we stuck to our principles and played peacefully.

Thanks all the game; especially to Cyc :goodjob:. It's been a pleasure. :)

TomBxx the Magnificant

Congratulations, Tom!

TomBxx launches from the planet before Hawklord can build his last Spaceship part. The Mayans thank the Chinese for the opportunity to serve drinks on this historic flight. Great game all. A true epic and a peaceful ending. You are all winners.

Attachments

• CDG1 Demos.gif
    CDG1 Demos.gif
    121.2 KB · Views: 410
  • CDG1 Histo.gif
    CDG1 Histo.gif
    84.2 KB · Views: 399
  • CDG1 Ranking.gif
    CDG1 Ranking.gif
    153.2 KB · Views: 377
  • CDG1 Victory Screen.gif
    CDG1 Victory Screen.gif
    290.8 KB · Views: 386
  • Congrats TomBxx.gif
    Congrats TomBxx.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 363
The Sumerian spaceship was on the launch pad waiting for first light to start the count down. When the news came in the the Chinese had launched. :(

We will find out from our friends the Chinese what will be needed in the new colony and send our spaceship later in support. :goodjob:

Good game in the end. Just like in history 3 weaker nations were driven together in the face of aggressive expansionism. Just shows the importance of the human aspect of pbem.

If it had been civ 2 you would have had to defend the capital for the 20 years it took the craft to get there. ;)

Unfortunately the Ottomans had no time for building such a nice rocket: the Sultan had an obsession with tanks and ordered all his people to work on those... :rolleyes:
But despite this, we had the leisure to advance our cultural achievements: 100K currently predicted at 1605 AD. (The Internet + many many Persian towns helps a lot in this regard :D -- Although I'm not quite sure what the Internet has to do with culture?! :dunno:)
Anyway, I'm sure that date would still have dropped considerably, once the civil engineers constructed some cheap libs and universities all over Persia.

Congrats to all again! Let's have another round of applause for TomBxx!

Top Bottom