The Celts conquer the world! [RFC Celts]

Turn 184: Interestingly, Paris wants to join our empire. I leave it up to the reader to figure out why it's better not to accept and just disband the city (there's a reason not to)
Another GE born in Cardiff, I will use him for the Mausoleum when we learn Calendar next.

710 AD: we make peace with Rome, and concentrate our forces in Spain. The AP is built in Scotland and we vote for ourselves, naturally. Yet another great artist born in Galway, so I save him for culture bombing England.

720: Toledo and Xixon want to flip the Spain, no way. Note that the culture around those cities are nil right now due to the emergence of the Spanish, so I use my GA to bomb it right back, and Spain will never have the chance to build any cities.

780: Thank God for the Statue of Zeus, because without it Spain will probably not make peace (they have flipped many units from me). They disappear elsewhere since my culture encompasses all of Spain (probably went to Africa or Porta Delgada)
In the meantime France has emerged and we're at war with them. She's more formidable than Spain because of her starting units, but if we kill some of them I'm sure they'll make peace and we can just erase Paris eventually.

810: AP resolution is for stopping war with us (don't know if that'll work when the Brits show up). Can't win this one with France yet so need to make peace ASAP. Another GE is born, I use him to bulb engineering for castles against the Brits.

Of course we refuse the flip, but the situation is not so good, even though I've preloaded some defenders onto galleys just outside the English flip zone so that I can at least defend:

860: We declare war on Germany since Sirmium wants to flip to them (should have founded the city 1E but oh well). France makes peace with us.
880: The Vikings want to be our vassals, which I decline, since this is a conquest game, meaning that we need vassals in different parts of the world to accept liberated cities (THIS IS THE KEY FOR STABILITY). We want Aztecs, Incans, China/Mongolia and probably Turkey or Mali as our 4 vassals.

The English make peace with us and interestingly their units didn't leave England, so I OB with them so that they can't ever found any cities (if I didn't OB with them they would be able to get flipped towards Scandinavia and found a city there)

Haha, what's going to happen with the English now? Are they going to wander around your kingdom forever? I guess they'll declare war sometimes and get their units teleported Scandinavia.

I like your story and I tried to get the UHV with the celts and actually made it to destroy the english completly (15-20 cats+15-20 gallic warrior of which too many of them flipped DAMN) in the end i had ireland and GB and just waited for 1700 to come.

940: The Romans beg us to be their master. No, instead we declare war on them. :crazyeye:
950: The Romans collapse. :D A Christian wedding brings the French closer to us--hah, that's what they think. We capture Rome this same turn. :backstab:

960: Toletum builds Shwedagon Paya.
990: Galway builds Univ of Sankore.
1030: We found a city near Kiev to cordon the Germans off and it'll be a useful launching pad for Russian conquest. I note also that Byzantium was razed by barbs, so in order to contain the Turks and their dangerous UP, I build another settler to send there.
1050: Cardiff builds Wat Preah Pisnulok
1100: a Great Priest is born, I send him to Rome for the shrine. Constantinople is founded--interestingly since it's right at the border of Europe and Asia, barbs can enter from Asia Minor and one of our Gallic Warriors is killed by a swordsman.:mad:

1120: Another great merchant is born, I save him bulbing guilds (need it for caravels)
1130: The Portuguese appear, I OB with them but I'm going to erase them after 10 turns.
1150: Milan builds Spiral Minaret. PLAGUE in Amsterdam! :mad:
1160-1190: We finally meet Mali and give them fishing--they are pleased but won't vassalize. Babylonia spreads Judaism to Milan. Plague spreads throughout the world:

1280: Years pass by, the Celtic empire continues to excel and wait for 1300 (the year when we can get conquistadors). But just before that, the nasty Turks appear on our doorstep:

1290: we declare war on the Portuguese:

1310: We get Incan conquistadors but no Aztec or Mayan ones--damn the Vikings, they must have met them before 1300.

1330: both the Incans and Portuguese are erased from history and will not be able to respawn (as long as we erase Tucume):

Next up, France (who has the temerity to culture bomb Paris).

Both France and Netherlands need to die since they tend to build cities in the New World, some of which flip to the Americans.

First to liberalism, I choose chemistry in order not to obsolete the Colossus too quickly (but Astronomy will need to be the next tech in order for the American cities to grow):

Very annoying that nobody wants to vassalize spontaneously.
We're in anarchy because I switched to mercantilism and free speech.

And I'll found a city just 2S of Amsterdam which will use up the remaining space between me and Germany while not allowing the Dutch to respawn. Next up, the Germans.

Woah, your destroying. Is this viceroy? Btw, leave the Ducth-Danes to themselves, just for hilarity.

No, I only play monarch or emperor (and rarely emperor with RFC). In fact, this game is much easier than Carthage (which the mod-mod replaced with the Celts) since Ireland and England are so much larger and resource-rich.
The Dutch need to be taken out because they tend to found NY and other SAm cities and to kill them now would save a lot of trouble later on.
Right now I'm close to the edge of becoming just stable, so my expansion will likely slow down quite a bit until I have nationhood and police state.

1420: a great priest emerges in Cardiff, and together with the free great merchant from economics, we initiate our first golden age of 12 moves, and astronomy if 5 moves.
The Dutch (now Danes) are willing to capitulate, but I plan on razing Copenhagen to avoid a Dutch respawn.
1430: We raze Copenhagen:

1435: Turkey declares war on Babylonia. The French collapse simply because they're out of place in Scandinavia.
1445: Aztecs declare war on Maya...a potential spontaneous vassal there. But before that, we declare war on Germany.
1450: the Russians help us and declare war on Germany. :D
1455: Berlin is captured
1460: Mali offers to be our vassal. We accept (with Ethiopia and Egypt to absorb, not having an African vassal is suicide) and exchange one of our many horses for his cotton.

A stupid German heroic act does nothing to deter our Celtic aggression:

1465: Forbidden palace built in Milan. Ethiopia declares war on Arabia. Germany is destroyed and Lemberg razed:

We found New Orleans, our first New World city, and I bring our great general from the German war towards the New World. The Incan army can finally get back to one of our cities (they were stranded for a long time in South America):

1470: The Aztecs offer to be our vassals, and we declare war on the Mayans while giving Feudalism and Civil Service plus some iron to the Aztecs. Both the Malians and Aztecs are researching Drama which the brutish Celts have decided to ignore in favor of Steam Power (even though with the Sistine Chapel and a little Mercantilism has made them the most cultured civ in the world):

Top Bottom