The Celts conquer the world! [RFC Celts]

A good rule of thumb is that during golden ages nothing economic should be built, you should be building only science and stability buildings. Right towards the end of the GA, you should time the banks/markets/grocers/lighthouses so that they get built in a staggered manner.
I've built very few cottages in this game (the ones in Ireland and England are probably the only ones) which allows me to convert farmland into cottages slowly over time.
I could have really expanded quicker than this, but to fool the system into thinking your economy is actually growing, you need to have no more than 4-5 cities revolting. By the time my conquered cities are out of rebellion, I should be ready to attack another civ again.

Most importantly, no more civic changes until Cristo Redentor.

What's with in that one screenshot where it says that Russia made peace with Russia, and that Turkey made peace with Turkey?!:confused:

Seems to be a bug in the modmod (it's actually Russia making peace with another civ), which is also probably related to the fact that the civs are not building cities like they should be (Russia is now building cities in South America but didn't build a single one east of Kazan, and Vikings building Jayakarta of all places).

I think it's because of the change of civilizations due to the addition of Celts, so the Vikings act like the Khmer and the Russians act like Portugal, seems like the best explanation. You should report this in the mod's main thread.

1838: Celtic revolt in Vilnius which we take advantage of and liberate the city to Russia. Bergen, Narvik, Uppsala and Kaupang are all duly captured and liberated to the Russians. Troops are shuttling out of Scandinavia.
1841: Combustion in, we work the Denver oilfields and are finally able to build battleships/transports/destroyers and TANKS! Flight next. The last of Scandinavian resistance is destroyed and Trondheim/Murmansk liberated to Russia. Our expansion is finally positive at 23 after all these liberations, which gives us room to expand in the Far East.

1844: Plague spreads in Quelimane. I'm already giving a lot of health resources to my vassals, hopefully it won't hit them too hard. (I'm banking on this spreading to the Far East) Yinchuan is captured and we fly airships over there Still quite some moves (about 7) to flight...but in the meantime we have the great West-East Railroad (2 workers building roads on hills while 3 workers come behind to work the rails in):

1848: Turkey yet again respawns, but only takes Halep, Artashat and Ninova this time. We declare war yet again and redeploy some troops over there. We gift rifling to Arabia and Arabia (I did this only now because Turkey now only respawns with muskets, not rifles).
1850: We complete Channel Tunnel in our capital. Turkey's culture expand and they become a Chinese vassal.
1852: Turfan is captured. We can now concentrate all forces on Beijing. Jayakarta (called Ribe here because it was built by the Vikings) captured and liberated to Arabia, we use it for yet another airbase in the Far East. Our first convoy of troops arrive in Malaysia:

1856: Ninova is captured by the Babylonians.
1858: Phnom Penh captured.
1860: Flight in, fission next and airports started everywhere. China has rifles so we really need to fly in tanks. Beijing and Angkor Wat captured. Artashat captured/liberated. World conference again...
1862: Unexpectedly, Babylonia asks for Odense and gets it (makes them even more unstable)...we get Shenyang from the conference which is good. Phnom Penh is liberated to the Arabians. The first of our troops to Japan arrives.

1868: Lanzhou is captured.
1870: Sanshan captured. We liberate SE Asia to Arabia. Kyoto is captured and liberated to the Aztecs who thus become solid.
1872: Guiyang captured.
1874: Hancheng, Qingzhou and Fuzhou captured. A small task force is sent to Lasa.
1876: China collapses and we win! (We went ahead and captured the 2 remaining cities)

Victory screens:

Lol... all that and you only got Emperor Constantine...

Impressive indeed!

LOL emperor constantine that's really sad you should have gotten a much higher score.Oh and could you post how many precent you lacked for domination victory

The more civs you collapse, the higher the amount of land required. As long as I didn't colonize South America or Australia, it's impossible to reach that % of land:

Great story, now for Celts in space! :scan: :p

Why did you try to avoid winning in another category? You could just play after you had one one type of victory...

Time, Cultural and Space Race are already implied in conquest. Diplo is impossible (unless I give the UN to one of my vassals and give him a lot of cities) given number of cities I already have. Domination is just really simple--let a lot of other civs reappear (and even then it wouldn't kick in since I already won). UHV is well, too late.

Top Bottom