The Celts conquer the world! [RFC Celts]

1490: We become just stable since our golden age has ended the turn before. Being stable means that former capitals can revolt and take away huge chunks of Europe (which we now own with the exception of Scandinavia). We need to get some more stability buildings going, i.e. we need jails and another golden age with Olympic Park and Taj Mahal, i.e. Nationalism. I switch immediately to it bypassing Steam Power for now.
1500: We exchange Optics to Mali for Drama.
1505: AP resolution comes up for OB, I say yes. We'll still just stable (+3)...cringing...
Mekkah is captured by the Ethiopians. Aztecs get Christianity.
1510: That thorn in our side, Brentesion, has been disbanded (I can't raze any more cities, at least not now, due to our stability which is back up to 8):

1510: We found Chicago.
1515: Sirmium starts Olympic Park (10 turns) and Constitution in 6 turns. (Stability only at 2...) We destroy a bunch of land and naval Mayan units but they won't vassalize even with just 1 wounded archer in their only city.
1520: Tikal is liberated to the Aztecs with no change in our stability (which is good because it means that we have hit the golden number of cities above which liberating cities will result in an INCREASE in stability, not decrease).

1535: Unfortunately a GP is born in Cardiff, so we ice him for another golden age.
1540: Constitution in, Taj Mahal started in Kiev. Jails started everywhere. We go for corporation next (need a little boost to the economy). Arabia collapses.
1550: Taj Mahal is built in Sarmatia Europeae (Roman name for Kiev). Ethiopia declares war on Turkey. We found the third of our usual triad of American cities, Denver.
1555: We get another 12 turns of GA with the Olympic Park.
1575: Thank God for being Solid, because Arabia respawns (otherwise it would have been one of the European civs), taking Sana'a, Jerusalem and Dalmun. Another North African Viking city flips to us and we disband it:

1580: A Great Merchant is born in Scotland, and since we're researching Communism, we should be able to generate yet another GA in about 3 turns. Too bad we're just stable, so I build some settlers to liberate to the Aztecs.
1610: Plague starts in Sefadu which is unfortunate because we can't close borders with Mali and we're running Mercantilism. Also unfortunate is the first international congress which is bound to net us some war, so I amass troops near our borders with Turkey and Russia.

1615: Communism in and we mass build Intelligence Agencies (for stability). We get another 12 turns of GA with the great spy and his pals. Plague spreads to Kiev! :(
1620: We try to bribe Arabia who isn't interested. Fine.:mad:
1625: We don't request any cities (better to conquer them). Hammurabi asks for Dalmun and I vote yes, he gets it. Ming Tai Zu wants Lasa, no gets it. The expected happens: Turkey wants Corinthus which I founded to block them out. No and interestingly China and Japan DOW on me but not Turkey (who's still embroiled in a war against Babylonia and Ethiopia). Russia wants Kiev and no, boom, Catherine declares on me. The troops finally breathe a sigh of relief--it's time for action! :assimilate:

Note that since we don't have the stability bonus, we have to just make the Russians make peace without further area expansion (which is killing us at -71). Capitulation would be good too (since they can accept cities in Scandinavia)
1630: By founding 3 cities at the same time and liberating them the same turn, our stability has increased by 5 (founding 3 cities = 3 and liberating 2 of them got 2, but the last liberation we were just equal without any gain or loss in stability). This is not at a cost--by giving the Aztecs more territory we run into a possible accidental domination victory. So I gave them cities very closely packed together and an island city.
We kill a stack of medieval units outside Sarmatia Europeae (Kiev)

1635: Sirmium builds the Kremlin. Our stacks approach Moscow without fear of Mother Winter since we control culturally the SW corner of that city.
1645: We capture Moscow and decide to take leniency on the poor illiterate Russians. Catherine is grateful and decides to capitulate to us. Now off to the REAL culprit of this war, Turkey.

1650: Egypt respawns, taking 4 cities from Ethiopia.
1660: An AP resolution comes up to declare war on the Chinese, I say why not, it might give me some free vassals.
1665: The resolution is carried, with the Vikings declaring war on China and Japan. We declare on Turkey and capture Sogut. We also capture the ancient indy kingdom of Carthage (finally) and liberate it to Mali.

1675: Well, Turkey collapses. :( So our next target will be Babylon.

1675: We make peace with the Chinese. Well, after that, interestingly both Ethiopia and Arabia have their "vassal" status in white. I figure that since Turkey is dead, Arabia has the 2nd largest endowment in terms of land, so I take Arabia instead and plan to liberate most of the Middle East to them. Ethiopia STILL wants to be vassal but since they only have 1 city and we already have Mali, I decline. We declare war on Babylonia our ancient friend and Persia/Khmer their allies declare on us.

1680: Well, we lose Halep but get it right back.
1685: A great artist is born in Cardiff and use it to partially bulb Democracy.
1690: Assembly line in, Fascism next. Factories started everywhere.
1695: Sur is captured. We also liberate Sogut to Arabia.
1700: We make peace with Persia. Goal is to collapse Babylon so we can liberate more cities to Arabia before taking on Persia again.
1705: Well, never mind. We'll take it (Babylonia can absorb Persia easily) Sur and Halep are liberated to Babylon. Arabia/Mali can all have dibs on Egypt (our next target)

And we get another 12 turns of GA. This is as good as any time to stop for today. I promise I'll finish this on St. Patrick's Day. :beer: Any comments?

Here's my most recent stability indices. Note that the economy is booming right now, but we cannot win before that, so we must get democracy and radio and build Cristo Redentor before the GA is over, so that we can switch to Police State, Nationhood, Occupation/Viceroyalty (alternating depending on whether we're about to capture a city or not), Emancipation and State Property for the stability bonuses when we're about to conquer the East.

Rollin, rollin, rollin...

Keep those Celtics Rollin!

Roll across the world and crush all in your path!

Still waiting for Celts in Asia, should be interesting :p

What an AWESOME story!!
Keep it up!

1709: We declare war on Egypt and capture the Suez Canal. We can liberate it to the Arabs but we want more cities first before we do so:

1712: Mt. Rushmore is built in Sirmium. Ethiopia collapses.
1715: Niwt-Rst is captured (has Stonehenge which means we can go to Emancipation even without Democracy).
1718: Per-Wadjet declares independence. We liberate Tell-el-Amarna to Arabia. Accra is captured from the natives and liberated to Mali.
1721: Electricity learned, Wembley started in Chicago (in anticipation of the Americans). Pentagon built in Kiev. Mbanza Kongo captured (but can't liberate to Mali yet)
1723: We steal Military Tradition from Babylon. I really want to research rifling, but we don't have time to spare (must get Cristo built before the GA is over)
1726: I must have clicked the wrong button but I didn't participate in the 2nd world conference. It was all good though, except the part with Halep passing under AZTEC control.:eek:

1730: Buhen is captured and liberated to the Arabs. We can also liberate Niwt-Rst to Babylonia, but I need emancipation for happiness switching to police state, so maybe when we have democracy. We also declare war on the indy city of Aksum (once it's razed, Ethiopia cannot respawn). Mbanza Kongo is pacified and is now liberated to Mali. We gift some workers there for him and our troops leave for East Africa for more conquests.

1733: Quelimane is captured.
1736: Plague (i.e. smallpox) spreads in Tenochtitlan. The Old World Plague is probably not far behind, I'm going to have to get biology soon! Mombasa, the last native city is captured, and all native units disappear (for now). Also, Aksum falls and we try to raze it but a bug supervenes and it survives!:mad: We therefore liberate it to Arabia. We can now liberate Quelimane and Mombasa to Mali.
1739: We enter the Modern era with Radio. Chicago finishes Wembley and starts on Graceland. Denver starts Eiffel Tower while our most productive city, Kiev, will build Cristo Redentor in 5 turns! :) Our troops inch closer to the last African holdout, Per-Wadjet which has the Temple of Artemis.
1745: Biology in, Medicine next. Cardiff starts on National Park (it's our 2nd largest city so far and starting to shrink from unhealthiness. Per-Wadjet is captured and we now collectively own all of Africa! Next up, Persia.

1754: Cristo Redentor is built in Kiev! We switch to Police State, Nationhood, Occupation, Theocracy, State Property and Emancipation and our cash flow is + at 100% science.

Our African veterans go back to Babylon and drink some local brew before declaring war on Persia.

1757: Shush is captured.
1760: Disaster! Turkey respawns and takes away 2 Babylonian cities, 1 Aztec city and 1 Arabian city, plus Odense. We immediately declare war on them and raze Sogut.

1763: We capture Parsa and is able to liberate Shush to Babylonia. Turkey's culture expand!
1766: Democracy learned, Rifling (finally!) next. Both Halep and Ninova are captured, the former liberated to Persia.
1769: The Vikings and Turks are forced by an AP resolution to declare on Persia.
1772: Pura is captured. Nobody will capitulate now (I thought Rhye allowed 5 vassals in the most recent version?)
1775: Americans appear. I have previously built a small settler stack with all remaining workers and some roads so that I can just build Boston on the 3rd turn. It's important not to pre-park these units in American spawn space, because otherwise they will all flip to them.

The Persians collapse, and Tureng Tepe flips to Turkey.

1778: Instead of ever building a rifle, since we know Assembly Line already, we can build Infantry straight! The Americans won't ever know what hit them...
The Turks lose Tureng Tepe due to independence.
1781: Odense is captured. We capture indy Kabura which we liberate to Babylonia. Buffalo, our frontier city against the Americans is founded. The Americans will die, but not before we steal Military Science from them:

1784: Artashat is captured and we liberate all our winnings to our vassals: Odense to Russia, Artashat and Ninova to Babylonia.

1790: The quite extensive empire of the Vikings is flimsily defended. We concentrate troops around Kiev and plan a 2-pronged attack from the east and by sea from the west.
Artacoana is captured and liberated to Babylonia. I also take a gamble and switch to Representation/free speech/pacifism/viceroyalty for better science--can't really take on China until nukes and airports.
1796: Statue of Liberty built in Sirmium. We're still very solid (+64). 3rd World Congress comes up
1799: We steal steel from Hammurabi. Margus is captured but Babylon can't accept it yet.
1802: Results of the congress: We get Vasteras from the Vikings (and promptly liberate it to the Russians, boosting both of our stabilities), Hammurabi wants Tureng Tepe (and gets it), and the stupid Montezuma again wins Halep despite our wishes! :mad:
We steal Military Science from the Americans and we declare war on them!

1805: And thus Washington is razed. Next up, Vikings who will taste the first of our tanks:

1814: We've switched back to police state and nationhood since our stability is starting to fall. Pacifism was way too expensive and we switched to free religion with good results. Mongolia has not built any cities at all (probably a bug) so we declare war on him so that we can gain access to Chinese land (otherwise it'll take a long time to travel there. We also declare war on the Vikings who are collapsing, so 1-2 cities lost will probably do the trick.
1820: never mind, Mongolia collapses. Lindholm (city east of Kazan) and Vasa captured.
1823: China declares war on Vikings and Khmer vassalizes to China. Lindholm given to the Russians. Rekjavik captured.
1826: Husavik is razed.
1829: Lulea captured
1832: Christiana and Gothenberg captured. We declare war on China (our army has finally reached the former Mongolian capital and once we learn flight it will be a good drop off point).
1835: Vikings collapse. All Scandinavian cities divested to Russians. We still need flight, rocketry and nukes...

Wow great update again but could you tell me how you are stable while expanding in a huge rate.When I tried the german UHV my expansion stability was -81 and my economy only +70-ish.How do you manage to have +140 economy?????????

As long as you improve your commerce, production or growth every 3 turns you will get better economic stability, so take your time improving and make sure you always have something to improve.

Top Bottom