The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Is there a demand for updating TCW with new unit graphics created in the recent years? I contacted El Justo some time ago but did not get any reply.
I don't think so. I sent him a PM last year asking if he would let me do an update but never got a response. I've done some work on the scenario but limited to updating the unit flics and using a different terrain set.

What has stopped me from doing any further work on this great scenario is not being able to figure out how to trade military units with other countries. I envision the major powers exporting units for cash to the smaller powers.

Is there a demand for updating TCW with new unit graphics created in the recent years? I contacted El Justo some time ago but did not get any reply.
I don't think so. I sent him a PM last year asking if he would let me do an update but never got a response. I've done some work on the scenario but limited to updating the unit flics and using a different terrain set.
I did some custom tweaks myself after @gwendoline happened; I'm currently pulled in ten different directions so a full revamp is future speculation, but I can look at bundling up what I have if anyone wants to use it as a springboard for further work.

Thank you for the offer Thorvald. I'll keep that in mind.

So after thinking about this some more I do have a question for the community. Since the original author is not around any more to say one thing or another, is it considered stealing if one of us takes his work, modifies it, then uploads it to CFC?

I've run into this a couple of times myself. I figure as long as everything is properly accredited, it should be OK. I can literally think of only one user here that raised a stink about "unauthorized" use of their assets, and that was basically an act of spite amid petty forum drama.

Thank you for the offer Thorvald. I'll keep that in mind.

So after thinking about this some more I do have a question for the community. Since the original author is not around any more to say one thing or another, is it considered stealing if one of us takes his work, modifies it, then uploads it to CFC?
I've done that already. Please go for it, the more updated scenarios available the better!

Top Bottom