The Death of Online Poker Gambling In The US?

Actually raises a discussion worth having. Coffee* is addictive. Who's victimized by coffee*? Does that mean coffee* should be illegal?

Substitute addictive thing of your choice for coffee*. Capacity for addiction can't be the only criteria we use to ban things, nor the damage caused by those addictions. We need to consider the relative frequency of addiction, the severity of addiction compared to "normal" use, et cetera et cetera.

Actually raises a discussion worth having. Coffee* is addictive. Who's victimized by coffee*? Does that mean coffee* should be illegal?

Poor South American peasant wage serfs forced to pick coffee beans in what is tantamount to slavery?

Maybe?

But coffee addiction can lead to health problems such as migranes, which can also affect the people that live with or work with the addict in question.

But no one alleged that the level of victimhood was in any way even across the board did they?

The question of coffee being illegal isnt worth addressing.

Annnndd...I think you missed my point totally. :rolleyes:

If you're going to blatantly ignore the meat of my post, please just don't bother replying. I know you know how to read.

Annnndd...I think you missed my point totally. :rolleyes:

If you're going to blatantly ignore the meat of my post, please just don't bother replying. I know you know how to read.

Wow, lucy, way to be rude. I was actually honestly trying to answer your question of 'who's victimized by coffee'. :(

But i'll take you up on the dont bother replying. Seems you need to cut down on the caffiene yourself apparently.

I dont believe in 'victimless' anything largely because I believe peoples actions affect other people - and criminal acts do so with negative consequences.

way too broad with your definition - insults qualify as crimes based on that

Anything which is addictive isn't victimless.

I wonder how the victims of real crimes feel about their common ground with the victims of obesity ;)

way too broad with your definition - insults qualify as crimes based on that

You read too much into it, non-criminal actions can have the same effects as well, even positive effects.

I wonder how the victims of real crimes feel about their common ground with the victims of obesity ;)

You think all victimhood equal? But I am sure a child who lost a parent due to the effects of obesity feels that loss just as keenly as someone who lost a parent to what you consider a real crime.

Top Bottom