It's been quite a while since I've posted a series of comics. Work, my art outside of DYOS, and learning SFM aside, I haven't posted as much comics as I used to have because I felt unmotivated and discouraged after, what I termed, the Summer 2014 Fiasco. I felt that my comics and myself didn't matter anymore, so I held a "I'll post a comic when I feel like it" attitude. Recently, I've regained much of my confidence from my art outside of DYOS. With the New Year, there's going to be a significant change in my contribution. Instead of going between a comic a month to "when I feel like it", I'm going to attempt to aim for two comics a month (barring any unforeseen events in RL). Another is a change in quality, which I've already put into motion in late 2014 with reducing my character party to just myself and Morrigan. Another, in which I'm going to attempt, is humor and a dash do character development.

It's been quite a while since I've posted a series of comics. Work, my art outside of DYOS, and learning SFM aside, I haven't posted as much comics as I used to have because I felt unmotivated and discouraged after, what I termed, the Summer 2014 Fiasco. I felt that my comics and myself didn't matter anymore, so I held a "I'll post a comic when I feel like it" attitude. Recently, I've regained much of my confidence from my art outside of DYOS. With the New Year, there's going to be a significant change in my contribution. Instead of going between a comic a month to "when I feel like it", I'm going to attempt to aim for two comics a month (barring any unforeseen events in RL). Another is a change in quality, which I've already put into motion in late 2014 with reducing my character party to just myself and Morrigan. Another, in which I'm going to attempt, is humor and a dash do character development.

And I should make a point to actually make comics this month... or year. Get back into my weekly spirit of things.

Although I don't think reducing your character roster to two people automatically means "improved quality"
Quality depends on a whole range of factors. Character reduction is only one such thing :p

But I won't argue further on that matter and well... not argue.

And I should make a point to actually make comics this month... or year. Get back into my weekly spirit of things.

I hope that FTL and your new games don't distract ya :p.

Edit: Unneded post

Well I wasn't, but since you keep bringing it up...

Thorvald: I realise it's very late, but that Christmas comic was wonderfully drawn. Keep at it. An oasis of loveliness in a sea of drivel, it was.

:hatsoff: I know I always say it, but cautiously optimistic I'll get back in gear this year.

Hi, guys, and belated Happy New Year! May we all have peace and renewed creativity (I know I could sure use some after November's NaNoWriMo). :)

Speaking of writing since none of the IOTers are taking, would any of you aspiring auteurs be interested in proof-reading the first draft of the Multipolarity Epilogue? :mischief:

I'll be on a holiday cruise for two weeks, so I won't be able to make any DYOS content beyond Wednesday until the next Wednesday. So here's a picture of some of my characters stranded on a deserted island to indicate how out of contact I'll be.

Spoiler I'm so out of contact by then! :

When I get back, I expect 700 comics from CivGeneral, the plot's moved to Andromeda and everyone is imprisoned by the baddies.
And then we get busted out by a flying pig in a very convincing wig.

Is that too much to ask? :lol:

P.S. My brother's going too. He said he was going to make a quick comic about it but I guess I got there first. Laters!

Good luck out there, Styles!

You're gonna need it against Abbott's attack subs...

oh god cg don'ttellhimTHEY'LLSENDMETOTHEPENALBATTALIONICAN'THANDLETHEFURRIES :run:

If I can only get the motivation back :sad:.

When I saw Kan's post, I tuned the insults out. So what if he says we're a sea of drivel. Wear it like a badge of honour - he's still coming back to DYOS to check on it.

Also, now you know what your enemies don't like. So keep along that path until they either go away or they tell you why exactly your comics are drivel and you can improve upon it.

Then again maybe Kan just doesn't like Capcom characters and original characters who have complicated backstories.
Or maybe it's the idea that DYOS is becoming more like DYOP :lol:

I'm trying to cut that part down myself though. Maybe I should just write Enora out or give her some proper reason to being everywhere. No one likes it when an actor brings in their family on their adventures after all unless the family are also actors.

oh god cg don'ttellhimTHEY'LLSENDMETOTHEPENALBATTALIONICAN'THANDLETHEFURRIES :run:
Shhhh shhhhh, Thorvald. I won't let him take you away and toss you into a fur suit .

Or maybe it's the idea that DYOS is becoming more like DYOP
EAT POOP YOU CAT!!! God I haven't played that game in a long time...

I'm trying to cut that part down myself though. Maybe I should just write Enora out or give her some proper reason to being everywhere. No one likes it when an actor brings in their family on their adventures after all unless the family are also actors.
Well, do as what Thorvald told me. Don't put on the breaks and do a 180 turn. Otherwise we'd be asking, "What happened to Enora?" if she disappeared suddenly. Though to be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with Enora. Though if you must have her off screen, you could have her act as a sort of Mission Control. Enora could periodically give Delia and her bro, right from her ship while the duo are out adventuring. Like what I'm planning to do with Kusanagi in my comics.

Suddenly this reminds me way back when when you did a poll on the Council Thread on "Who shall be on the chopping block?"

Well, do as what Thorvald told me. Don't put on the breaks and do a 180 turn. Otherwise we'd be asking, "What happened to Enora?" if she disappeared suddenly. Though to be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with Enora. Though if you must have her off screen, you could have her act as a sort of Mission Control. Enora could periodically give Delia and her bro, right from her ship while the duo are out adventuring. Like what I'm planning to do with Kusanagi in my comics.

Well Stylesjl said I should do a Poochy on her but I said I didn't want her killed. The "I must go, my planet needs me" might still apply though :lol:

As for being mission control, I might just do that though.

Suddenly this reminds me way back when when you did a poll on the Council Thread on "Who shall be on the chopping block?"

And I think everyone agreed it was Peach who should be given the bullet. Not that it didn't stop her from coming back as a cyborg. That seems to be one of my habits - you can't just kill someone off. If you do, they come back even stronger with cybernetics (Tama Shepard, Darth Dray)

Here we go again, guys.

Please take a moment to detour to Site Feedback and let the admins know you value having a place for DYOS and your other A&E interests.

Alright so I'm back from the cruise... and then I took the rest of the day to play a bit of Xenoblade...

Unless there's something wrong with my cache, why can I still keep track of DYOS' plot? :lol:

Top Bottom