In fact:
Thorvald.gif
:thor:

Attachments

• Thorvald.gif
    Thorvald.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

As some of you are already aware, back in July I started building a tech demo as a crash course in learning RPG Maker. After two months of near-constant development, it's finally here!

Revisit my inaugural plotline from the halcyon days of DYOS VI as Thorvald and Friends set out to revocer teh isotrope Fridge of the Mods. Will you follow in history's footsteps, or unleash a divergent timeline five threads early?

Go hype it on dA, and remember to subskrub 2 my Paytreon 4 moar!

Thanks again to everyone who lent their appearances for this, and CG especially for providing custom graphics.

It's so sad that many of the comics are gone due to hosting issues. I'd give this game a play though!

How many of the 'old guard' are still around today?

People are still here I think, but saying people are even barely active is a stretch.

I've also been sad to see most of my comics are gone, since I've lost access to the initial files.

As some of you are already aware, back in July I started building a tech demo as a crash course in learning RPG Maker. After two months of near-constant development, it's finally here!

Revisit my inaugural plotline from the halcyon days of DYOS VI as Thorvald and Friends set out to revocer teh isotrope Fridge of the Mods. Will you follow in history's footsteps, or unleash a divergent timeline five threads early?

Go hype it on dA, and remember to subskrub 2 my Paytreon 4 moar!

Thanks again to everyone who lent their appearances for this, and CG especially for providing custom graphics.

This is awesome. Did the actors in the halcyon days ever get to the contents of the Mods Fridge?

Mod's Fridge. Mod's Fridge. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...

This is awesome. Did the actors in the halcyon days ever get to the contents of the Mods Fridge?
The Fridge itself passed through a couple people's hands (including mine, only to dump it because "hurr durr wat iz teknologie?"—thanks Styles :rolleyes:), but I don't think anyone actually opened it. :crazyeye:

On the off-chance any of the old gang and/or the Styleses are ghosting this thread,

GET OFF PHOTOBUCKET NOW.

Having snuck through multiple ToS changes without notification between the OP and now, Photobucket is killing off free accounts. Despite the big scary ransom screen when you log in, navigating back to your account page still works... for now. You can download the original files unadulterated (and they'll automatically pack up in a handy .zip file), so if you've lost your local sources, now's the time to update your backups.

Hotlinks are still up with the ugly watermark so you still have a visual guide for rehosting, but there's no timeframe given for when they plan to shut down accounts for good, so don't dally.

Oh wow. I'd not even considered that stuff would still exist. In finding files from 2004/5!

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to save these and rehost as needed.

I had to use a AOL email account to log in!

For some reason, can't get my pc to confirm my email when changed, so I guess it's lost.
EDIT: Found a way. Barely anything there, I used other image services mostly, but then I guess I got some stuff down. Most are pics of me at 15.

Last edited:
Save that image Thorvald, you'll need it again when I post one particular DYOS comic that I saved...

Discord sucks.

I don't own a mobile, and while I'd skirted the last lockout by piggybacking off a friend, it seems they're now restricting phone numbers to one account each.

Please advise the relevant parties on my behalf.

Discord sucks.

I don't own a mobile, and while I'd skirted the last lockout by piggybacking off a friend, it seems they're now restricting phone numbers to one account each.

Please advise the relevant parties on my behalf.
That explains why I haven’t seen you in a week on Discord :(. I wish there was an option for non mobile users to use Discord. The only other option is to get a cheep mobile phone or a Discord alternative to keep touch.

Edit: I’ve looked into some free SMS services that I’m going to have to look into. It may take a while since I’m going to have to set up a virtual machine to see if it works (I don’t want to monkey around with my current installation and have an environment that’s isolated from my main OS) Not sure how I’d effect a freshly made Discord account since I only made one.

Last edited:
a cheep mobile phone
I thought you hated Twitter. :mischief:

CFC will always remain my primary point of contact. Unfortunately, almost none of the circle still uses it these days. :undecide:

Top Bottom