The Entire Thought Experiment

Cam_H

Deity
The Entire Thought Experiment​

“Booker ... catch!” (Elizabeth).
Leader:

Elizabeth of Columbia:

Philosophical: +100%:gp: birth rate, double production speed for Universities.
Financial: Plots yielding at least 2:commerce: produce an additional 1:commerce:.
Vulture (Sumerian): Axeman replacement. 6:strength: (compared to 5:strength:) and +25% vs. Melee (compared to +50% vs. Melee).
Ziggurat (Sumerian): Courthouse replacement (90:hammers: compared to 120:hammers: for a Courthouse) and available at Priesthood (not Code of Laws).
Agriculture and The Wheel.​

Variants (Mandatory):

"...Turn around and get back on that rocket..."

Victory can only be achieved for Columbia by Spaceship Victory.

The Hall of Heroes

Hero of Wounded Knee

The roster must raze a Native American city in battle before Columbia acquires Liberalism.​

Hero of the Boxer Rebellion

The roster must attack a Chinese unit in battle before Columbia acquires Liberalism.​

Achievements (Optional):

Possession

Negotiate with a 'third party' rival to declare war upon an empire with who Columbia is already at war.​

Devil's Kiss

Launch a Tactical Nuke or a Guided Missile.​

Murder of Crows

Build 12 Vulture units.​

Bucking Bronco

Promote a Horseback unit (req. Horse resource) with the 'Blitz' promotion.​

Shock Jockey

Attach a Great General to a Horseback unit (req. Horse resource) that already has the 'Shock' promotion.​

Charge

Promote a Gunship with the 'Charge' promotion.​

Undertow

Found the corporation; Sid's Sushi Co.​

Return to Sender

Liberate or gift-back a city that was once founded by a rival empire to the rival that founded the city.​

Game Set-Up (Original):

Note: Snaky continents.​

Rivals:
  • Boudica of Ireland (Green colour scheme, otherwise Celtia).
  • Shaka of the Zulu (New flag, positive diplo' modifier with Lincoln).
  • Qin Shi Huang of the Chinese.
  • Sitting Bull of the Native Americans.
  • Lincoln of the Vox Populi (American, Russian colour scheme, new flag, positive diplo' modifier with Shaka, negative diplo' modifier with Washington, bonus Settler unit, bonus technology of Sailing).
  • Washington of the Founders (American, negative diplo' modifier with Lincoln, bonus Settler unit, bonus technology of Sailing).
Roster:

nocho
vranasm
pigswill
astre
Folket
lymond
Cam
Sengir​

The first turnset of the game will be of 20 turns duration. 10-15 turns per turnset after that. Players are expected to complete their turnsets within three days of completion of the preceding player's although may seek the input of the roster in mid-turnset and therefore extend the turnset's duration. Swaps and skips are allowed. Players may be removed from the roster. Players may not 'play ahead' until the game is completed.​

Start:

Blurb:

This game is very loosely themed around the first person shooter; Bioshock Infinite. Those who have not played Bioshock Infinite, this Civ4 SG should not pose any problems for the Civ4 player, however in brief; the protagonists (Booker who is aided by Elizabeth) find themselves caught in a conflict between two rival extremist groups; the Founders vs. the Vox Populi.

There are some optional 'achievements' here that the roster may or may not chase.​

Attachments

• Elizabeth BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29.6 KB · Views: 188
How jolly! Checking in.

Is this Biothing an interesting game? Beyond civ I never bought any other games in the past 20 years. :)

I'm not sure if I'm 'reserved' or 'open'. I'd like to join anyway.

Did not played bioshock but did followed a playtrought on youtube :)

I'd like to join you also :)

I would like to join.

I'll bite, but slot me in at the end of the roster, because I'm lacking for spare time for the next two weeks.

In da hizzy!

ah..Elizabeth..I see what you did there

Excellent! Good to see many familiar faces, and Folket, welcome on board. :thumbsup: Looks like a full roster.

nocho, I really took to this game for its plot more than the gameplay (which is also good, but I'm not too flash on FPSs). It's got a cracking surprise end, which is why discussion threads et al on the game often wisely come with spoiler warnings.

Anyway, back onto Civ4, we're good to go. :)

reporting in....

wow that's some mixture of rules...

since this is archipelago very obvious decision should be about GLH.

I expect MM nightmare though :-(.

Considering the rules we could explore "no-Lib" variant of gameplay... we don't need CoL for courthouses, we can spam tons of cities with GLH, compass, optics, astronomy all can be very very good on this map....

not getting CS, Philo will open different bulb paths... and honestly the starting SS doesn't scream to me "bureau" anyway.

as how should we open?

well the warrior will not help much with scouting. Seems to me like 3S is mountain, moving him south doesn't reveal anything useful.

moving 1N would offer some insight on the area around the PH, but would move him in bad direction for future scouting.

Initially I wanted to SIP, SPH is another possibility, but we risk losing hills, which are important for GLH buildup, even if we could chop tons of trees into GLH, natural production is important too. the rule of 3 hills for capital should be respected, especially on archipelago, where natural production is hard to come by.

since we already know Agri, I think worker first is obvious, the corn is not irrigated :-(.

Biggest question is first tech and the approach to cows. The tile is not riverside so it can't be farmed, so the decision is if we totally ignore it or not.

Since we lack mining and need mining+BW to do anything useful with this start, I favor skipping AH even if it means losing strong tile for long time.

So that means we could start with Mining->BW OR! I was thinking about Fishing start...

we are financial, lack commerce and fishing will open those 3C coast tiles... Mining+BW on no commerce is long way...

So sum it up... I think SIP+worker+Fishing is the way to go here... then mining+BW

I prefer SIP, worker mining.

I guess plan is to get all achievements?

As for liberalism variant, I think we are better off not getting liberalism.

Sooo nice to have another SG up, thanks, Cam!

I'll be lurking, but this time will be able to follow the game more closely: my HD went kaput, so I got a new one and installed BtS, hurray!

Good luck, guys!

BTW, I am not that sure about SIP and the three hills, Vranasm. The GH provides only one additional hammer, when compared with the raw woods. I don't see a third hill, but this maybe due to my poor gazing. Besides, the NE might offer something worthy (with the downside of a potential preempting a seafood city there). I haven't checked the save, so all this is withheld if the water to the NW is a lake.

Sooo nice to have another SG up, thanks, Cam!

I'll be lurking, but this time will be able to follow the game more closely: my HD went kaput, so I got a new one and installed BtS, hurray!

Good luck, guys!

BTW, I am not that sure about SIP and the three hills, Vranasm. The GH provides only one additional hammer, when compared with the raw woods. I don't see a third hill, but this maybe due to my poor gazing. Besides, the NE might offer something worthy (with the downside of a potential preempting a seafood city there). I haven't checked the save, so all this is withheld if the water to the NW is a lake.

the plains will be chopped.

archipelago should be standard map script so we should have 3 hills guaranteed... my bet is the 1E from the forested PH is another hill, but could be elsewhere.

SIP only gives us 2 water tiles but commerce is going to be a problem early game. Pasturing the cows only gives us +1f/2h iirc so that's not a strong argument for early AH. It looks like there's a clear PH to the north east. Fishing and mining aren't particularly expensive and we could get both both before worker has farned the corn.

Something we don't know is whether we have close neighbours; being sandwiched between Bod and Shaka is a very different game to Lincoln 10 tiles away.

I've just noticed that Washington starts with sailing (and a free settler) which makes Glight a very tight race.

In conclusion I'd go SIP, build worker, study mining/fishing or fishing/mining and see what it looks like in 15-20 turns.

soldier 1N, SIP, worker and go for bronze seems like the best approach.
too many woods not to wanting to chop them :)

in archipelago, GLH and colossus are keys to win.
I made a arcipelago game not so long with colossus, i had to be forced to teched astronomy to tech it. it costed me a good bunch of my money per turn...

xpost. yeh, GLH is going to be tought or more likely impossible to get.
oracle for MC should be our guideline

Yeah, I see nothing here really that would make us move the settler. We could move the warrior 1N first just to make sure.

I'd say had straight to BW first, then maybe fishing, if not primarily for a scout WB, which we can chop.

Good to see V here - hope you stick with us this time. (Saw you over on that "Old Gods" LP)

...ok...back to sleep. GOT has me on edge..ha

Yeah, I see nothing here really that would make us move the settler. We could move the warrior 1N first just to make sure.

I'd say had straight to BW first, then maybe fishing, if not primarily for a scout WB, which we can chop.

Good to see V here - hope you stick with us this time. (Saw you over on that "Old Gods" LP)

...ok...back to sleep. GOT has me on edge..ha

you mean the youtube one I am watching? seems like fun expansion for CK II, but too expensive for me right now.

I am more into HOI 3 now ;-) that is some brutal and fun game...
____

well the bottomline here is if we wouldn't match the timing of BW with fishing first...

I actually am tempted to make some WB test about this question.... I run too many times into the problem of having BW too soon and chopping out maintenance hole...

didn't saw the GLH problem... that is some unfortune news... they got 2 cities too for start :-(

well I think the Oracle path is for sure for us too, but didn't want to talk about it yet, since we need to secure commerce first and GLH looked like sure way.

Still think fishing is high priority for us.

well, let's start with mining and see what life reveal to us in 15 turns...

but i don't expect copper to be that far.
Anyone for a good old vulture rush?

Yep, that was a real fun LP watch. All the Viking raids. Like you, I'll wait for the DLC to go on sale though. They usually run a sale fairly soon on Paradox games.

I think Fishing is pretty high, but I think we should get BW first or our worker will be left hanging for a while even if it can build roads all over the place...ha. Getting that extra production faster will be important - everything is covered in forest. Get BW, chop the forest, get fast scout workboat.

yep, 2 mine and a farm will change our life :)

and all those woods will make a very decent settler :)

Top Bottom