The Entire Thought Experiment

One extra trade route will add roughly 6:commerce: (raw) per turn. Most cities have around +75% commerce multipliers (some much more), so we're looking at +10:science:/:gold: per turn from the Airport. At 250:hammers:, payback will be therefore 25 turns (as compared to 'build wealth'). Better cities with more multipliers or better trade route yield (as noted, the capital for instance) will get more.

As for war, I don't expect anything too worrying either, but I'm nonetheless wary of the possibility of getting backstabbed. Maybe in a single player game I'd be happy to have coastal cities guarded by an Archer with no meaningful reinforcements in sight, but here I'd pull back some forces and make other preparations.

We will not need 25(28) turns of research. Also a large city will steal a profitable trade route from other cities so it will likely not be 6 commerce bonus. Probably we can get a trade route at 6 commerce. But then a 5 commerce trade route in a smaller city was replaced with a 4 commerce one.

Question should be if we want to avoid artillery and get it for free?

i vote yes to that, we have plenty of expensive things to research like ecology, fusion, genetic while artillery will come free in a short period of time...

We will not need 25(28) turns of research.

Fair enough. We've got 13 or 14 tech's to get, but we're prioritising Computers and Superconductors before Flight as well, so that pushes the 'usefulness of Airports' further away from our current position.

Best of luck. :)

Thanks, I did not find the time to play it last night so I will play tomorrow morning or evening.

Not much to say. Everything has gone as planed.

We have three more turns of research to do. We do not have the Apollo program yet. It might have been a mistake to delay artillery as noone researched it for us.

Still two turns left to Apollo program.

I guess next player get to build the space ship and launch a guided missile somewhere.

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-1850.CivBeyondSwordSave
    480.8 KB · Views: 168
Nice work!

'Got it' but can't play for about 24 hours.

Open to suggestions, but as proposed, build; spaceship, guided missile, and gunship.

Thoughts on Space Elevator?

I have a hard time seeing that space elevator would save us any time. But it should be easy to just make estimates of when different components will finish with or without elevator.

we have a GE ready, he can give 1000 hammer for it (alu bonus do not count).
That mean that 1000 h invested to save part (33%?) of 20 k hammer needed for space ship.
we can do it...

Furthermore, it is a cool wonder :)

Either that or use him for an other golden age.

Space elevator will pay for 17% of the cost. We can start building it next turn in our second or third best production city. In Nanjing we want to start docking bay once Apollo is finished.

17% of 20k is 3000 but we will start buiding parts in 2 turns and space will be available in 9 turns at best. maybe we would have finished a good chunk of the ship before elevator is available.

next GA should need 3 GP, we have 4 at the moment.

I think I already started the 3 GP GA.

10 Turns to go. :)

No luck with the end-of-game Golden Ages ... too many Great Merchants. :(

Let's bring this baby home, pigswill! :D

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-1866.CivBeyondSwordSave
    485 KB · Views: 230
I'm guessing we've got all the variants except Devils Kiss. Yummy, a nice short war while pressing 'end turn'.

'Yes' - all variants done except Devil's Kiss and the victory.

Please feel free to change things around - I thought I'd try to improve our score with larger populations, therefore we've got all of those Supermarket builds underway. Barracks and unit production are probably unnecessary, so please amend them if you want.

Some tweaks; Poverty Point could work the Deer, and Lagash should swap that Spy to a Merchant (or something else) - apologies for not spotting them until after the saved game was posted. Workers can Farm over Workshops I guess if you feel inclined - there's at least one irrigation chain that's been cut off. Philadelphia and LA should get Theatres - I'm not sure how I missed them. Looking back at the save, I think that there might be some automated Workers floating around (???) that if so were not of my doing.

We're running Engineers, Spies, and Artists in a few cities where :gp: will next pop, so a Golden Age might still be possible albeit improbable.

Unremarkable.

Built UN, Hollywood.

Focussed on research, got to FT3.

Dowed Qin in 1882, launched a couple of Tacs for Devil's Kiss.

edit: with this late victory date we weren't going to get a remarkable score whatever I did.

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-1886.CivBeyondSwordSave
    490.8 KB · Views: 223
with this late victory date we weren't going to get a remarkable score whatever I did.

Woooot! We won???? Congrat's to the team! "Unremarkable"? Quelle foutaise! Nous étions exceptionnel! Félicitations à tous ceux qui ont contribué à notre victoire glorieuse!

Congratulations :band: Great game :goodjob:

Woooot! We won???? Congrat's to the team! "Unremarkable"? Quelle foutaise! Nous étions exceptionnel! Félicitations à tous ceux qui ont contribué à notre victoire glorieuse!
Your french is remarquable :)

congratulation all of us.
We acheived all achevements and that's impressive.
I also would like to thanks sid suchi which made us so powerfull :) Just look at graphs...
The only point were we could be afraid was at start while chineses were still strong. after that, it was quite easy...

What's next?

Well played everyone.

Top Bottom