The Forum Games Catalogue/Information Thread

I heard back from the admins, and my game is moving foward. I'll put up a sign-up thread in about a week, assuming everything runs smoothly.

I'm keeping you in suspense, so I won't say a word about anything. Yet. :smug:

Great! :goodjob:

Zack, you said you'de be leaving, so now all your games are belong to us.

Uh, did I give the credit to the wrong person?

*checks the thread*

Oops.

Since Mafia/NotW and IOT have moved out into new forums (which probably takes Combat Games, Lazy NES and Diplomacy away as well), there's not much need for this thread any more.

Proposal: unsticky this and replace it with an 'advertisement thread', which, instead of the big list of stuff in the OP that no-one reads, can be used by GMs to post links to their new games (including the stuff marked as 'spam games' in the catalogue, the stuff in Perfection's post). So you'd know there was a new game active if the thread title was bold. (Possibly Mafia, NotW and IOT GMs could use this as well?)

Thoughts? Does anyone care?

Great idea!

I think you should keep the descriptions of each game, and just update the OP with advertisements that get posted.

This didn't spark much discussion... but I have to say, I quite like this idea.

I'm thinking of starting interactive forum games game shows. You know, old gems like Press Your Luck (with the all-purpose random.org serving as the game board), 21, Who Wants to be a Millionaire; maybe even something like Deal or No Deal. The games would be played in a chatroom and contestants would be on a timer to ensure fairness. Thoughts? Would this work at all?

I think it'd work quite well.

Looks like the Action Chatrooms should get their own category soon. ;)

Any RTD games still alive? Or will we need a new one?

There's already been a Ludicrous Edition!

You should update the EPYC section. :)

Tiberium Sky has started.

and Iron and Blood has ended and Iron Blood Two should commence early next year.

Even though I don't actually update this any more (because it's pointless, and I don't have the stamina to check through a bunch of Mafia and IOT games that I'm not involved with), seeing as how Tambien not only sent me a PM about an upcoming game (only, like, the third or fourth person ever to do so :goodjob:) but also sent a game description (pretty sure he's the first to do that :goodjob: :goodjob:), it would be remiss of me not to advertise it here (even though signups for the first round are already full) (enormous run-on sentences with loads of brackets are fun).

So:

PMaphone (hosted by Tambien)

description said:
It's time to have fun playing a game of telephone! Only in this game, your job is to mess up the sentence and then try to guess what the original was! Do you have what it takes?

Top Bottom