The Giant Thread of War!

TOTAL WORLD WAR! :eek: Nice story, but more pics are needed. Although I haven´t played civ for ages, (RL issues and whatnot) I´m more of a peacemaker (and I´m not talking about the superweapon). Also, how exactly do you install A New Dawn? I don´t think I´ve done it properly... :(

Find and download Rise of Mankind 2.92 then go and grab A New Dawn 1.74. Put RoM in the mod folder and then launch AND installer and install it over the RoM folder. Finally, install Patch E.

I'll post more pictures. This war is going to be pretty interesting and this is the earliest world war I've ever had on this size map (since every war on duel maps are world wars) :lol::lol:

After this one, I think I just want to play a game not to win but to be a regional power.

I've had quite a few good wars as JC on the Earth map. It's always fun to conquer the Old War then go and take out Monty's New World empire in Modern Warfare Armageddon! :mwaha:

Oddly, I've never played the Earth18 maps. The first time I've ever played an Earth map was when I played the Giant Earth Map in RoM with random civilizations. There's an appeal to Earth maps I suppose. After all, its easier to name areas (Rome and France are battling over Iberian colonies) and stuff like that.

New developments in my tri-polar standoff. The Vikings ditched the protection of Carthage for that of the Mongols. I pulled out of the Mongol capital (which I'd occupied for some centuries) and the Italian peninsula (which I also occupied) in an attempt to be a good neighbor. My army has 11,380,000 men according to "Demographics". By my understanding, this is a lot. I just finished the Manhattan Project, am halfway done building SDI and the Internet. I'm rapidly building nukes, and I suspect it's only a matter of time before the nuclear holocaust comes. The year is 1773.

In my game (haven´t played it for ages due to RL issues), I´m known as the ´English-Arabian Alliance´ (I´m the much stronger England, playing as Henry VIII).

Permenant Alliance, I have bad relations with most other people and have conquered all the unprotected city-states (Egypt, Siam and Mongolia).

New developments in my tri-polar standoff. The Vikings ditched the protection of Carthage for that of the Mongols. I pulled out of the Mongol capital (which I'd occupied for some centuries) and the Italian peninsula (which I also occupied) in an attempt to be a good neighbor. My army has 11,380,000 men according to "Demographics". By my understanding, this is a lot. I just finished the Manhattan Project, am halfway done building SDI and the Internet. I'm rapidly building nukes, and I suspect it's only a matter of time before the nuclear holocaust comes. The year is 1773.

*whistles*

Wait, isn't this unmodded? Can't other people build SDI as well? I know the AI loves too....

Permenant Alliance, I have bad relations with most other people and have conquered all the unprotected city-states (Egypt, Siam and Mongolia).

You know what's fun? In mods with Dynamic Civilization naming, form an alliance at the set-up with two other empires and you'll get awesome names like the MayaIncMon Alliance. :lol:

It's a mod, but the only modification is to give civs realistic starting points. So I'm pretty sure they also can build SDI. Of course, most of them have only just now researched Electricity. I'm so far ahead in tech it's not funny.

MayaIncMon Alliance

That is the greatest Dynamic civs name ever. I wonder what happens with 4? Anyway, I have a vassal as well (Holy Rome, is voluntary but crushed by my culture) and I NEED to get much better relations with the Dutch ASAP!!!

It's a mod, but the only modification is to give civs realistic starting points. So I'm pretty sure they also can build SDI. Of course, most of them have only just now researched Electricity. I'm so far ahead in tech it's not funny.

....Earth map?

That is the greatest Dynamic civs name ever. I wonder what happens with 4? Anyway, I have a vassal as well (Holy Rome, is voluntary but crushed by my culture) and I NEED to get much better relations with the Dutch ASAP!!!

I actually have too many vassals. Turning two Ethiopian cities into India really feels like a bad idea now and then trying to give India Russian cities to compensate was even worst. Then again, I've pumped techs in both India and Ethiopia to get them up to speed. Siam and Russia don't get jack yet.

Edit: No war with Spain 'cuz that game is over. Latest AND patch has killer maintenance based on city count. :(

What I really hate about RoM is the max of 4 wonders/city.

I think the limit is higher with AND plus the option for unlimited wonders.

Indeed. Actually, it's a mod that allows you to pick any civilization. It will randomly pick other civs, and place them in their real-life starting points.

Cool. :D

--------

Started a new game using a somewhat modified game speed for AND (Tech costs=sinful).

So, with so much free time now, I can warmonger my heart out and that's what I've done to the poor....poor Poruguese and Native Americans.

The Portuguese were to the north of France (me). Later on in the game, once it had some walls and whatnot, taking the city would've been difficult. Just look at it! River crossings give them the advantage and deserts damage my troops and have a -25% defense modifier. Meaning that, if they had the chance, I would've only been able to strike them safely from two directions.

Luckily, they weren't expecting a warrior rush. I earned some progress on Stone Tools for my trouble.

Spoiler :

Next, the Native Americans. Lisbon only required two warriors for me to take but this city took a lot out of me. It was built on top of a hill, had a 10% defensive modifier, a further 25% fortified modifier, and 25% for the warrior. I learned pretty quickly that 3 warriors weren't enough and that 6 warriors weren't enough.

Yes, even with 3UPT, with that city kicking out new warrior units, I was having major problems taking it. I did (eventually) but not without hurting my economy just a tad bit. Didn't help that I kept getting attacked by cave bears on my west northwest. I also lost my "Destroyer of Lisbon". :(

But for my trouble (my many....many troubles) I earned some progress of Animal Husbandry. Not exactly what I needed at the moment (was hoping for Ritualism) but it works. As soon as I find the Dutch, I'm nailing them too.
Spoiler :

So, France feels pretty awesome right now. Smashed Lisbon and Cahokia to pieces so now, why not go three for three and sack Amsterdam? Why not take it a step further and hit up Utrecht while we're at it?

Unlike Cahokia, there were plenty of farms to pillage around Amsterdam. After surrounding the city, warriors stormed in and razed the city to the ground. But then the Dutch get a Great Commander so taking Utrecht would be tricky. Sending in human waves ended after Cahokia because of this very reason. Great Commander, when in a stack that wins a battle, gain XP and gain some powerful promotions that affect units in the stack and surrounding stacks (such as +5% combat strength).

So, waited until I had the city surrounded and finally stormed in with City Raiders out front once again. I pillaged some of the remaining farms and went home. I'm calling it a day when it comes to me beating people up since the Greeks have Pelasts (archer replacement I believe) which means....well, I would lose any war against them.

Top Bottom